• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First Experience - Opinions on adverse effects

Newb13

Greenlighter
Hi there. In the last 6 months I've had my first experiences with anything more severe than a bit of weed whilst I was at college. I've taken MDMA and/or Cocaine a total of 4 times and every time I've had some odd reactions.

My first experience (at age 30!) was MDMA. I'm unsure of the precise dose but the nights schedule went something like so, ate a fair amount of food at 8pm, took a small amount of MDMA wrapped in rizla at 10pm but was feeling no effect at 12:30am, so a friend (admittedly pretty smashed by now) recommended I did a line of MDMA (looked a similar size to the original dose) as he guessed I needed more. Well I managed to walk around 5 meters before it hit me and I instantly needed to sit down. Sounds were drowning out and everyone/thing was becoming silhouettes and I could feel like I was going to lose consciousness. My friend sat with me and told me I was going to be OK (along with several others walking past). He managed to distract me by getting me to discribe my surroundings to him and after 15 minutes I was starting to feel better. I went away and danced until 8:30am and had an amazing night after that. I had a fair few redoses in the form of 'dabs'. I had a 2 litre bottle of water that I drank through the course of the evening but don't remember feeling particularly thirsty. I had some mild hallucinations near the very end (shapes and colours when closing my eyes) and a sort of hexagonal, translucent film overlay when my eyes were open. It went away once the drugs had left my system. Overall, except for the scary part, I had an amazing, life changing experience.

Second experience was a small amount of Cocaine over an evening around 4 months later. I wasn't sure if I was going to do MDMA or Cocaine that evening, so I had taken the supplement regime (see here for the full list; http://www.rollsafe.org/), so Magnesium Glycinate, Na-R-ALA, etc. I ended up doing a VERY small line initially at around 7pm and didn't really feel any effects apart from maybe feeling a bit of confident and talkative. I ended up doing a slightly bigger line 30 minutes later and then a series of very small bumps (off of a very small scoop) throughout the evening, which ended around 3am. I felt pretty good the whole night. I'd also drank around 4-5 pints of ale, which is quite a lot for me and I generally enjoyed the evening. It wasn't the journey that MDMA was but I was much more confident than I usually am, which was great as it was a party where I met lots of people for the first time. I had a new strange occasions where I felt overwhelmed and a bit panicky but I just got some air and tried to stop thinking about it and I was OK.

The third occasion was New years eve. The plan was pre-party from 8pm and then main party from 10pm to early morning. Again, I wasn't sure whether it would be a night of MDMA or Cocaine, so I just took my MDMA supplement regime as before, so I had my bases covered. I ended up arriving late to pre-party and was encouraged to join in and do some cocaine, which I didn't really want to do as I'd built my hopes up to have a MDMA roll and had read that mixing them isn't advised. They said mixing was fine and they had done it lots, so I took their advice and knocked back 3 reasonably sized lines in quick succession (spread over around 45 minutes). This wasn't a great idea. Initially all my upper teeth went numb and instead of feeling really chatting like everyone else appeared, I feel really withdrawn and a little sick. The sensation wore off after around 30 minutes and then I felt happier as per previous time. I had a series of small bumps until around 10:45pm and at around 11:30pm my friend offered me a pre-made rizla of MDMA. I'm not sure how much was in there but it felt quite full compared to my first one 4-5 months earlier. Caught up in the moment I just went for it and around 25 minutes later (just in time for the arrival of new years) I started to feel the euphoria rushing over me. I felt fantastic and I knew the good times were coming. I danced and cheered at 12am with everyone else but then the familiar sensation from my first experience started to hit me and my legs started to feel heavy like before. I crouched down with a friend and tried to ride it out. My friend was doing a good job of keeping me calm and I thought if I cold ride it out then the rest of the night would be good like before but another, less well known friend came over and told me to dance it off, that it was the only way. I got up and started to move but only lasted a few seconds before everything was fading away, my hands felt like they were vibrating and my legs were giving away from under me. I remember feeling my friends wrapping my arms around them and taking my weight and then the next thing I remember they were all grouped around me asking if I was OK. They'd dragged me to a seat, apparently I'd passed out briefly. I felt completely fine though. I got up, danced the rest of the night until around 5am. I had a tiny dab of MDMA later on, but probably not enough to do much and a small bump of cocaine. After the party I really struggled to sleep. I just felt a little uneasy, like something wasn't right and kept clenching my teeth, which is strange as I hadn't gurned at all throughout the evening (my jaw was all over the place on my first MDMA experience).

A new weeks later I was out drinking with one of my friends and he gave me a tiny bump of cocaine at about 12am after an evening of drinking and it hit me like a sack of bricks. I could barely walk instantly. I had to sit down and it took me about 30 minutes of intense concentration to keep my shit together, I couldn't talk or anything. I got outside 30 minutes after (bar closed) and had to sit down against the wall to try and keep myself together. I was then dragged to another bar, for another hour were I was still struggling big time. I felt sick, paranoid, my palms were sweating but my nose was freezing. I'd say it took about 3-4 hours to feel in control again and then that morning I had the same issues sleeping. Teeth clenching and overheating until around 7am. It was a TINY bump. It was so embarrassing.

A few weeks later again I was encouraged to give cocaine another try as I had told my friends I wasn't keen on it after last time but it was suggested that maybe last time was because I hadn't eaten much that day (which was true), so I tried a tiny line like before and I knew within about 1 second that the same thing as last time was going to happen. Great. Cue 2 hours of sitting on a cold floor trying to cool down and unable to speak to anyone until it wore off.

Has anyone experienced anything like these experiences? Regarding MDMA, I'm thinking that I need a much smaller initial dose and to not mix with anything else and I'll probably be OK. I seem to be able to re-dose as much as I want (within reason) after I've had the initial freak out stage.

The cocaine is a stranger one, it seems like the only times I've been able to take any are the times that I've supplemented for MDMA use and out of my three experiences, only one has been pleasurable but nothing mind blowing. Unfortunately it's my group of friends drug of choice and I think the only way I could keep up with them is to join in but I'm definitely not going to if it happens again.

Appreciate any advice given.

You really should avoid re-dosing mdma or at least limit yourself to one re-dose.