View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

first experience on ketamine. Help.

Chonchie

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I'm new to blue light and this is my first post so I apologize if I'm not posting this in the correct place.. anyway here's the situation.

I had a friend come over and he offered me a couple bumps of K. I've never done it prior to today but I've heard plenty of good things so I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I have an odd phobia of vomiting and will do just about anything I can to avoid it. However, my decisions today might lead someone to believe otherwise..

So before i he came over, about 2 or three hours before, I had some Taco Bell and most of a mikes hard tall boy. When he got here he told me I should probably eat a bit more to avoid getting sick so we went out and got a burger, came back to my house and I ended up doing two small lines. Combined they probably equalled out to around 1.5-2mg.

At first I felt great, then i started getting progressively more and more nauseated. It's been about 3 1/2 hours since my last bump. I'm just curious how long I can expect to feel nauseous, the high is gone btw just feel sick.. also how can I ease the nausea?

Sorry for this being so lengthy.. any info would be great

doesn't sound like ketamine...

did u use a test kit to confirm?

i reckon ketamine's threshold dose is a lot higher than 1.5-2mg (especially if that dose caused nausea)

sounds more like 3-MeO-PCP being active in that dose...

2 milligrams of a drug is more like a few grains of salt, not "two small lines". Ketamine is dosed at more like 100mg - 150mg, and the peak effects last about 2-3 hours.

You kind of did the opposite of what you should have done with regards to eating more. If nausea is a problem, you should be doing ketamine with at most a small, light snack in your stomach. If you do a bunch of ketamine with a few Mikes Hard Whatever, Taco Bell, and a greasy burger in your stomach, then nausea would be pretty much guaranteed. Remember that in hospitals, to help prevent messy nausea attacks, food is restricted for 24 hours before you're anesthetized! Ketamine is actually used for some niche cases (children, people in rural areas needing transport to a better hospital etc)

If you lay down and try to relax (don't move a lot), that should help. Maybe take 25 or 50mg of diphenhydramine or the equivalent in dimenhydrinate (Benadryl/Gravol), it's a good antinauseant. Or smoke some cannabis if possible. Take some ginger root as well. Really, the best way to resolve the nausea is by waiting it out, but any of the aforementioned antinauseants will help your situation. As you digest and the ketamine wears off, you'll feel better. It shouldn't last more than the night, once you sleep it off you'll be fine in the morning.

Don't do more ketamine tonight if the nausea is bothering you, that's for sure. Maybe try again when you don't have a full stomach?

I'd say it's just the after effects of the Ketamine, that's if it is K. I would be more nauseous on a full stomach then an empty one, I think he got it around the wrong way IMO.

As has been stated your friend gave you absolutely terrible advice, so you should probably independently verify any other drug related advice that this friend gives you in the future.

You should really try not to eat for at least a few hours before doing K, or, indeed, any other dissociative anaesthetic that has the potential to completely incapacitate you. The reason for this is that if you throw up while anaesthetised you could choke on your own vomit and die. The risk of actually vomiting from Ketamine is, I believe, fairly low... but it is not zero. Do yourself a favour and don't gorge yourself before doing K again, and make sure your friend understands this also.