• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First dxm experience , it's not affecting me ?

freemind90

Greenlighter
Hello ,erybody .
I have read about DXM a long time ago and I always wanted to try it as my first dissociative experience . today I bought a 200 ml bottle of some generic cough syrup which contains 269 mg of dxm , it's the only active ingridient , the other two ingredients are saccharose and sodium benzoate and it's a bargain it costs only 3 dollars where I live .
The syrup didn't taste as bad as the reviews claim , it went smoothly , I had a little nausea but it was okay . I did it on an empty stomach (almost , I have eaten half an orange) while smoking a tobacco/moroccan hash joint .
I have read that DXM kicks in an hour after ingesting it , now it have been an hour and a half and still no effects .
Is it normal ? should I wait ? take another bottle ? smoke A joint ? I did something wrong ?

DXM can be vastly different for different users. Dosage ranges for the 4 distinct "plateaus" are most accurately measured in mg/kg doses, and as with any drug one should always start small.
If you felt no significant head change from 200mg then you may have abnormal levels of certain CYP enzymes responsible for DXM metabolism.This just means you may need 300mg as opposed to someone else's 200mg (~75mg for me) for threshold effects. Bear in mind you don't know your liver's enzyme profile so be careful.
It's possible there could be a vastly increased response should you decide to double your dose, potentially resulting in hours and hours of toilet-hugging, diarrhea, itching, confusion, you get the idea.
How could I forget: DXM hydrobromide requires lower doses than DXM polistirex (12 hour cough medicine).

how much do you weigh, OP? you'd have to be pretty light to get a strong effect from 269mg.

i know i can achieve a very euphoric, mild dissociative state with cananbis and low doses of DXM and i'm less than 160lbs.