First day to life of sobriety. advice please

Erin6

Greenlighter
First day of trying to get sober! advice needed

Hello! So hopefully I can make a long story not so long. The past year I have pretty much taken anything and everything. The last 2 months have been mostly a mix of Methadone (like 20mg a day for usually around 5 days), then I would run out and wait to feel sick and take suboxone for like 5 days (4mg-8mg a day) with sometimes vicodin which didn't do anything for me but kept me not feeling the worst. Also I get prescribed 90 tramadol a month. Well I had been sober from herion for over 6 months and last week my husband and I messed up and did it for about 4 days. Well we decided enough is enough. We have kids that are growing up right in front of our eyes and need to get our heads straight. I got ahold of 5 suboxone and since the herion I have taken 4. Yesterday being my last one. My husband never took any. Suffered thru withdrawls and is feeling better. So proud of him. Well today is my start day. I want this so bad. If it's doesn't happen I will loose my husband. I have done a lot of wrong things because of drug use in our marriage. I'm so nervous. How bad will my withdrawls be you think? When do you think my withdraws will start? I have a lot of kratom to help me thru it. Please any advice and support words will help.

Last edited:
Good luck give your kids the mother they deserve . Id say you've got a good idea what's comin and its nasty but in a week to 10 days you'll be well on the way hope you do it I'm a week clean of heroin and startin to feel better just the sleep focusing on my kids has helped me .great to look them in the eyes not pinned

how are you doing with the first day over? Awesome i bet j/k. Just hang in there- suboxone is not as bad to come off as a long run of dope when youve only taken 5 subs- hang in there- YOU CAN DO THIS- its not imposssible as it seems and your kids and husband would be so proud and YOU COULD HAVE THE LIFE YOU WANT, could be drivin a bmw livin in a nice house someday if ya kick the dope-

It's weird. Day 2 and I feel fine right now. Why is that? I'm definitely not full of energy but yeah I don't really feel any withdrawls.