first cycle thoughts

As in start a thread with all of that and update it weekly or so?

Yes please :)

Update whenever you feel like it, with any observations you notice, changes to body or that you make to training or diet etc, or with any questions or queries you have relating to anything.

Hey guys, im thinking about starting my first cycle, im 26, 5'7" weight 179 with between 10-11% body fat, have been training for over 15 years. The cycle i was thinking about is as follows:

Week 1-12 test e, 500mg/week (250mg monday, 250mg thursday)
Week 1-6 dianabol 25mg ed
Week 14-18 nolva 40/40/20/20
Week14-18 clomid 100/100/50/50
I will have adex on hand if it is needed. Is there anything i should add or change about this cycle? Thanks for any suggestions

Let me wrap my head around this, you have been training since u were 11 and your only 179lbs? To be honest i dont think your ready for a cycle, i dont think u have dialed in a correct diet that, or u dont know how to eat, which is the most important part of weightlifting, which im sure i dont need to tell you since u have been training for 11 years.

Anyway cycle looks good, IMO u don't need to run DBOL for 6 weeks only 4. I would also increase the dbol 25 mg to 50mg as effective as most would think.

Welcome to Bluelight AE.

While I think we would all agree a bodybuilder should aim high before starting AAS, in my experience 180lbs at 5'7" and 10% bodyfat is a respectable attainment for a natural bodybuilder of normal genetics. His diet macros also seem sound.

Also IMO he doesn't need to run any DBol at all. Nobody needs a kickstart to a cycle, I couldn't think of a more counterproductive practice in common AAS use strategies.

Thanks for the welcoming.

Ok thats all well and good the stats he has provided, but what evidence do we have to go on this? He claims to of been training for over 15 years + in my experiences people starting out first cycles are prone to lie about there stats, reason being is they are aware of the backlash they will get from experienced AAS users, and they have prob been told numerous times they are simply not ready for it.

You are correct he does not need Dbol at all, but i beleive if he is going to use it a higher dose would be prominent, if he cuts back 2 weeks and just does it at 4 weeks.

Yes I agree people often lie online, however surely he would have said he was 210lbs if that was the case? :)

Ultimately everyone online could be completely fake as far we're concerned. So we have to go by what they say. In general I prefer to believe people otherwise it all becomes pointless. And if he wants to do a cycle - whether he should or shouldn't - I would rather he did so safely.

As it is, I think keeth is more than ready, and I'm looking forward to him logging his progress for us and any other newbies reading.

Let me wrap my head around this, you have been training since u were 11 and your only 179lbs? To be honest i dont think your ready for a cycle, i dont think u have dialed in a correct diet that, or u dont know how to eat, which is the most important part of weightlifting, which im sure i dont need to tell you since u have been training for 11 years.

Anyway cycle looks good, IMO u don't need to run DBOL for 6 weeks only 4. I would also increase the dbol 25 mg to 50mg as effective as most would think.

Just because the length of time you have been training dosent dictate how big or heavy you will get, at 5'7 179 /180 is not all of an easly attainable goal, im sure where i am is my absolute genetic limit, maybe another 10 or less pounds. Also if i wanted to brag about being big, as cfc has said, i would have probably said i have superior genetics and weigh 210-220 naturally. i was 100% honest in my stats and i dont think my stats are so crazy that it would even be something to lie about. I get where you are coming from because i have read a lot of BS stats and other lies in forms like this but what benefit would i have of learning the best cycle advice for someone who is 179 and training for over 15 years if i wasnt that myself? Seems counterproductive and a waste of knowledge. Again i do understand where you are coming from and dont mean anything i said in a rude way. Thank you for your input though, any advice helps.

I'm the Same height and when I weigh 180 I'm fucking huge. So 180 is definitely a good starting weight.

I guess im neglecting that im on test all year round and i forget what its like to be natural lol.

Anyway i just didn't know it was advisable to begin weightlifting at the age of 11 since the detrimental effects to the body would not be good at that age, that's where my head was at at also. I wouldn't think it would be advised to be honest, at that age, i was always taught don't touch a single weight until minimum 16 years of age.

Anyway good luck and i hope u acquire the gains u desire, how is your diet may i ask? - What is your goals bulk till u hulk haha?

I guess im neglecting that im on test all year round and i forget what its like to be natural lol.

Anyway i just didn't know it was advisable to begin weightlifting at the age of 11 since the detrimental effects to the body would not be good at that age, that's where my head was at at also. I wouldn't think it would be advised to be honest, at that age, i was always taught don't touch a single weight until minimum 16 years of age.

Anyway good luck and i hope u acquire the gains u desire, how is your diet may i ask? - What is your goals bulk till u hulk haha?

My father was in the military growing up and i was almost forced to start working out with him was a was pretty young, i started martial arts and body weight workouts when i was about 8 and started using weights at between 11-12 its worked pretty well for me so far haha

As for diet,

diet is on check, usually 6 meals a day, on rest days i stay between 3200 calories, 280g protein, 280 carbs, and 106g of fat, training days i go 3600 cal, 315g protein, 315 carbs, 120g fat. This is for bulking.

Will be adding 500 or so more calories

Lol! Sorry 500 calories may seem like a drop of piss in the ocean when you're on :p. Nice and conservative though, can always add more if needed! I like this guy lol

Lol! Sorry 500 calories may seem like a drop of piss in the ocean when you're on :p. Nice and conservative though, can always add more if needed! I like this guy lol

Yeah 500 isnt all that much but im just trying to stay lean while putting on mass, i plan to keep increasing my intake until i notice fat gain so i can get the max intake without fat gain

Yeah 500 isnt all that much but im just trying to stay lean while putting on mass, i plan to keep increasing my intake until i notice fat gain so i can get the max intake without fat gain
Better to under do it than over do it and gwt fat lol

Better to under do it than over do it and gwt fat lol
It's just nice to see someone put thought into what they're doing. Stick around and you'll be scratching your head wondering how some folks get dressed In the morning on their own... Let alone want to inject gear. I'm not gonna say I do everything perfect, but I always err on the side of caution. Seems you are the same. I'm excited to see the changes you'll make!

It's just nice to see someone put thought into what they're doing. Stick around and you'll be scratching your head wondering how some folks get dressed In the morning on their own... Let alone want to inject gear. I'm not gonna say I do everything perfect, but I always err on the side of caution. Seems you are the same. I'm excited to see the changes you'll make!

Yep yep! ;)

What is up with this notion that you have to be a certain weight before starting an AAS cycle. I'm so sick of this "myth" that is always pushed around.

At 5'7" 180lbs at 10% BF, that is a SOLID base to start off from. Not everyone who uses AAS are looking to just pack on muscle and weight. A lot of guys are just looking to get stronger (strength), faster (speed), and increase overall well-being (stamina, endurance, mood).

I myself am about 6'2" and never want to be over 220lbs, actually 205lbs; and even that is on the high side. I've yet to ever run a cycle, however, I am an avid sports junkie. My ideal goal is to be a lean and shredded 190lbs, with a 32" waist or less, and try to maintain sub 10% levels all year round. That would be IDEAL for me. Just because I want to be under 200lbs does that mean I should NEVER touch AAS? That's such complete BS. AAS don't just offer weight and size, they offer a lot more for athletes looking for goals other than looking like the Hulk.

Now a lot of AAS just can't be ran for athletes because they decrease cardio. However, a simple test cycle is highly favored to the athlete. Couple it with a dry compound and they can do some damage. The wet ones are usually best to run off-season while dry ones are better suited during the on-season. And of course, all this is dependent on how frequently they can expect a test, if they are suspect to it in their organization.

Do you know how many MMA fighters run cycles? A lot of them are in the weight classes under 200, what do you have to say about this? AAS help guys with strength, which is not ALWAYS correlated with mass gains. An increase in strength does not always increase your weight, it is independent of it. They also help with speed and agility, given you train for it. They help to increase drive and aggression, which will further aid you to increase strength and get you locked in.

OP, this is the one common tale that you don't have to listen to or take into consideration. Lance Armstrong used PEDs. Does he look like Phil Heath? No, because that wasn't his goal.

Stop this "get your weight up naturally before using AAS" crap. There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay under 200lbs and using AAS to get there.

What is up with this notion that you have to be a certain weight before starting an AAS cycle. I'm so sick of this "myth" that is always pushed around.

At 5'7" 180lbs at 10% BF, that is a SOLID base to start off from. Not everyone who uses AAS are looking to just pack on muscle and weight. A lot of guys are just looking to get stronger (strength), faster (speed), and increase overall well-being (stamina, endurance, mood).

I myself am about 6'2" and never want to be over 220lbs, actually 205lbs; and even that is on the high side. I've yet to ever run a cycle, however, I am an avid sports junkie. My ideal goal is to be a lean and shredded 190lbs, with a 32" waist or less, and try to maintain sub 10% levels all year round. That would be IDEAL for me. Just because I want to be under 200lbs does that mean I should NEVER touch AAS? That's such complete BS. AAS don't just offer weight and size, they offer a lot more for athletes looking for goals other than looking like the Hulk.

Now a lot of AAS just can't be ran for athletes because they decrease cardio. However, a simple test cycle is highly favored to the athlete. Couple it with a dry compound and they can do some damage. The wet ones are usually best to run off-season while dry ones are better suited during the on-season. And of course, all this is dependent on how frequently they can expect a test, if they are suspect to it in their organization.

Do you know how many MMA fighters run cycles? A lot of them are in the weight classes under 200, what do you have to say about this? AAS help guys with strength, which is not ALWAYS correlated with mass gains. An increase in strength does not always increase your weight, it is independent of it. They also help with speed and agility, given you train for it. They help to increase drive and aggression, which will further aid you to increase strength and get you locked in.

OP, this is the one common tale that you don't have to listen to or take into consideration. Lance Armstrong used PEDs. Does he look like Phil Heath? No, because that wasn't his goal.

Stop this "get your weight up naturally before using AAS" crap. There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay under 200lbs and using AAS to get there.

You completely missed the purpose of people saying "get your weight up" before running a cycle

If you have a goal that involves being being small and lean then everything is right and I will agree with you. But if you pay attention to the posts that are posted here when w are telling someone to "get their weight up" we are talking about people who are smaller and want to gain size who are immediately tuning to gear to gain size. Before turning to AAS a person should always maximize their natural potential before using any type of compound. Thats just common sense. Look at what the people are asking to do and then review the response, its not a myth at all that a person should do what they can naturally first.

If you goal is to be lance armstrong or an MMA fighter then the response would be different as far as what you should and shouldnt do as far as gear goes. If you come on the board and youre 5'7+ weighting 150lbs and you wanna turn to gear, then yes you need to get youre weight up cause you plenty of room to grew naturally and there is no need to use gear.

In your post, a lot of what you said is already common knowledge, at least to those that have done there homework and understand how all of this works. If your goal is to stay lean, be under 200lbs, and just boost athletic potential such as strength, endurance, increased recovery time, speed, ect. Of course you can use AAS because they will help you attain that goal (If you know how to use them prperly for your goal.). but if your goal is to be bigger than and weigh more than your genetic potential, you should reach or at least be very close to your genetic cap before starting AAS because you not only have a large, solid foundation to work off of but you will have proven you have the knowledge and ability to train and diet properly before trying to make yourself more than you naturally are. Its almost a you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run approach. In my case, i want to do both, i want to be 220+ lbs but i want all of it to be solid, fast and functional muscle, not just mass. I do mma and brazilian jiu jitsu and have sense i was a kid so the added weight, strength, power, and speed are all the things i want. In my opinion, the reason younger people that have only been training for a year, are no where near there genetic potential but want to be Mr. Olympia are urged to stay away from AAS is because they havent even learned the proper training, dieting And bodybuilding life style and wont benifit nearly as much from any steroid cycle because to really see gains, you cant just shoot test into your ass cheek and sit on the couch eating potato chips and expect to be a pro level bodybuilder. You have to know how to make yourself grow, how to drop the fat but keep the muscle, know the differance between gaining size and gaining strength. so its not necessarily a myth that you have to reach your highest potential, it just depends on what your goals are and if you are mentally and physically prepared for it.