Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

First Australian 'The Wall' tour by Roger Waters

Nozphexezora

Bluelighter
I'm not sure whether fellow Bluelighters enjoy this kind of music, but my own interest and Mr Blonde's familiar avatar leave me no choice but to ask whether anybody will be going to Roger Water's final Australian 'The Wall' tour.

The show was first staged by Waters in the 1980′s and was a financial disaster only making it to London, New York, Los Angeles and Berlin. Thirty years on and the show is massive, it was the second highest grossing event in North America last year and the tour continues across globe this year and now into 2012 when it will hit the shores of Australia in January.

And yes there will be a flying Pig!!

Roger Waters ‘The Wall’ Australian 2012 Tour

Friday 27th January – Burswood Dome, Perth

Wednesday 1st February – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane

Tuesday 7th February – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

Tuesday 14th February – Acer Arena, Sydney

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/roger-waters-brings-the-wall-to-australia-in-2012/

I for one am obsessed with The Wall and Pink Floyd, so I'll be going at Brizzy. It'll be my first concert and I can't wait! :)

I'm not going as tickets are veryyyyyy pricey but my brother is hitting up one of the nights in Brisbane!

I almost bought a ticket for it last year during the online pre-sales but i needed a Visa Credit Card for ticketek, since they wouldn't accept Mastercard.. so i forgot about it untill well after the public sales were released and by that time i couldn't get the seat allocation i wanted, so i passed on it.. should be an epic show anyway, hope to hear back from people that go! :)

I almost bought a ticket for it last year during the online pre-sales but i needed a Visa Credit Card for ticketek, since they wouldn't accept Mastercard.. so i forgot about it untill well after the public sales were released and by that time i couldn't get the seat allocation i wanted, so i passed on it.. should be an epic show anyway, hope to hear back from people that go! :)

Bugger, better luck next time I guess. Lets hope Roger Waters doesn't get too old!

Depends on where your seated or if you want the experience its called well over $200 + ,im saving my money in the hopes Steel Panther do a sideshow in Brisbane lol

Depends on where your seated or if you want the experience its called well over $200 + ,im saving my money in the hopes Steel Panther do a sideshow in Brisbane lol

Yeah, it is quite expensive. But to me it's monumental. Not only am I obsessed with 'The Wall' and how much I can empathise with it, but also because it'll be my first concert. I'm also hoping to see Dead Can Dance's reunion World Tour this year, but there's not much information on it.

water's voice is like a rusty chainsaw running on fumes these days. the only way i'd fork over the cash is if dave shows up on guitar like he did at some wall gig last year (there's a clip online).