View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

first acid trip precautions?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
So ill be dropping acid pretty soon for the first time and im planning on taking two hits. ill be doing it alone since i cant find a decent sitter. are there any precautions that i should be aware of so i dont end up harming myself or something?

Have you done psychedelics before? I think you'll be fine, I don't find LSD to be that dissociating to where I've ever felt I might be a danger to myself. Just be sure to do it somewhere safe and comfortable.

As long as it's authentic LSD (which there IS going around) you should be fine. theacittest is right, LSD is not that dissociating you still know who you are and what you're doing and is generally not that taxing on the mind (compared to say mushrooms) unless you are taking a larger dose (300ug+). Then again I have worked my dose up starting from as little as 60ug to 300ug so I haven't had any problems because I've gotten used to the state of mind it puts you in.

If the blotter has a metallic taste, it's probably not LSD (some ink can have a slight metallic taste) but if it does taste metallic, take at least one out as it could be DOx, if it has a VERY STRONG metallic taste, it's most likely 25x-nbome in which case I would take one out straight away because they have been known to be dosed fairly strongly in some cases.

Why not take those two tabs and find a trip buddy so split them with?

Harm Reduction philosophy suggests you have a trip sitter for your first time by default, but with LSD I think you're actually better off on a smaller dose and someone on the same level as you.

Why not take those two tabs and find a trip buddy so split them with?

Harm Reduction philosophy suggests you have a trip sitter for your first time by default, but with LSD I think you're actually better off on a smaller dose and someone on the same level as you.

I agree with that. I've never seen the value in a trip sitter unless I'm taking a substance/dose where I'll be completely incapacitated (DMT is a good example). You'd probably be best off with a tripping buddy. I enjoy LSD in almost any scenario, but I find it is best enjoyed with a close friend on the same dose. Being alone is intense, while being with someone tends to be hilarious.

I'd just recommend to be ready for it mentally and have everything prepared to make yourself comfortable... Have food and water at hand, some music, some cannabis if you're into that sort of thing and maybe clean your living space up a bit so that everything is optimal. Other than that, have a good time!

Marijuana is potentially a bad combination and the trip may have long lasting effects.

keep it in your fridge, and try to find a sitter or at least someone to trip with you. now LSD can be pretty benign, but for some people it can really mess up their head, even from just one trip. its better to trip with someone else, especially for your first time. find someone who you feel comfortable with, someone you trust. find a good place to trip, where you wont have to deal with authority figures, where you feel comfortable.

a lot of people on this board like to trip alone, and do fine when they are. i dont think that its representative of how most people deal with acid trips though. from my experience, the vast majority of people prefer to trip with others, or at least have a sitter. i know i do, and i have dosed at least a hundred times. LSD will be fine in your fridge if its protected from light and air. it will be good for at least a year. be patient, you would be surprised at how serendipitous LSD and psychedelics really are.