First 24 Hours of Heroin WD?? HELP

junkie0

Greenlighter
I'm at about hour 16 and I completely hate life lol I've heard taking lots of Immodium can trick the brain into thinking it has opiates, is this true? How many should I take? I can start my suboxone at 24 hours but I neeed something to carry me over till then. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated too :) Thank you

hey there, try and wait for the sub. The immodium might help a bit but only in too large doses and it will fuck up your belly most likely.
I can go straight from dope/ox to subs but that's not everyone.
Can you smoke herb, that might help.

And of course , lots of water, good luck!

If you have suboxone I imagine you should be okay. Just stay busy and try to keep your mind off the fact you are detoxing. I guess the main thing will be to distract yourself.

Herb is a good choice.

You don't need to wait 24. There's all sorts of reason you're told that. 12 is the magic number. In fact the info leaflet in my Subutex actually reads 6, but I'd be nervous about that. I think you can take one now if you want/need.

On a general not, The Lodger tells me that if you sniff it you don't need to worry about these timings. He may very well not know what he's talking about - he often doesn;t. Anyone else hear that? It doesn't make any sense to me

You don't need to wait 24. There's all sorts of reason you're told that. 12 is the magic number. In fact the info leaflet in my Subutex actually reads 6, but I'd be nervous about that. I think you can take one now if you want/need.

On a general not, The Lodger tells me that if you sniff it you don't need to worry about these timings. He may very well not know what he's talking about - he often doesn;t. Anyone else hear that? It doesn't make any sense to me

I tried suboxone after 10 hours before and had precipitated withdrawals. My magic number was 16-18 hours.

the smaller the initial dose the better off you are as well. regardless of the time. cutting a tiny tiny piece of like .25mg and taking that and waiting 45min, that will tell you if its too soon or not. or if your unsure, just keep taking that does and most likely you'll start to feel better.

But considering ive posted this almost 2 days since you started this thread, i am sure you are now on subs fully? hope everything is okay.

I know this is almost a month later but I am now, finally, on my subs haha it was a long road and I kept trying to wait 24 hours cuz I was so scared of PW but I always ended up giving in and getting high. Then I was smoking it so I got sicker faster but this last time I took a shot which kept me well for longer and at like 20-21ish hours I took it, not even feeling half as shitty as I did before, and it worked like magic! I'm now realizing I coulda taken the subs way before I gave in and got high. Oh well, at least I'm on them now. It took all the physical WDs away, but now it's just the mental struggle. I miss getting high so much but nothing else is the same :(

Yeah I hear you. I am on subs...only day 1. I was doing a dance for so long, being on subs and taking vacations for a week or two on H then back.

This last vacation though lasted 3 months and depleted my bank acct, nearly lost me my job. So I am finally starting on subs again and I feel physically fine. But mentally it's real hard not to think about getting something. I got no cash so I can't at the moment anyway. The test will be when I get a paycheck in a week.

Ugh..I am so tired of this. I look back at the days before addiction and I can barely remember getting up every day and not getting high. I want it back again but it feels like it will never happen.

The mental part is the hardest part but try to punp some excitement into it by making good changes in your life. What would you like to change? Can you take a step in that direction? What are the old mantras inside that need to go? All of us have that old stuff in our heads that attacks us when we are down. Usually it is some lame form of our own unworthiness or unlovableness. Mental spring cleaning needs to happen!;)

I'm at about hour 16 and I completely hate life lol I've heard taking lots of Immodium can trick the brain into thinking it has opiates, is this true? How many should I take? I can start my suboxone at 24 hours but I neeed something to carry me over till then. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated too :) Thank you

If you are going to start with Suboxone just bare in mind all of that is temporary. Try to focus your mind in other things, it's just one day. Think of your perspectives for a better life when this is over. What are your plans after Suboxone? What are leaving behind? Life will give you a break but try to imagine the benefits of a different routine. Don't thing of using anything else at this stage just hold tight and it will all be over soon. I encourage you to think of subs as a temporary medication until you can figure what will be best for your life. This will be over anytime now so try not to worry so much.