• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fire the dea

Airmid

Bluelighter
Friend,

For more than 40 years, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has fueled mass incarceration, wasted taxpayer money, and blocked scientific research.

The DEA is a pivotal player in the failed war on drugs, and that’s why we just launched a new campaign to expose this scandal-ridden agency.

Recent events prove that the DEA is not backing down. Last week, the DEA announced that they will not reschedule marijuana and the agency continues to ignore the mounting scientific research showing the medical benefits of marijuana.

http://links.drugpolicy.mkt7185.com...Mjk3NjE1OTc1S0&b=0&j=ODYzMjE4MzQxS0&mt=1&rt=0

But the DEA is not only destroying lives here in the United States, they are also fueling the drug war abroad. It’s been all over the news recently that newly elected Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte is encouraging law enforcement and civilians to kill people suspected of selling or using drugs. Almost 1,000 people have been murdered.

Instead of condemning this unconscionable drug war massacre, the DEA is still carrying on business as usual in the Philippines and the United States just committed $32 million to support law enforcement training and efforts.

The U.S. should be standing up for human rights — not standing by idly and providing assistance to the Duterte administration while it is committing state-sanctioned drug war killings.

President Obama and his administration keep saying that it’s time to treat drug use as a health issue instead of a criminal justice issue. But nothing could be further from the truth as long as the DEA holds power. It’s an unchecked law enforcement agency with no regard for science or health-based drug policies.

One of the only ways to end the disastrous drug war is by taking on the DEA. Check out our new campaign now, and help us rein in this out of control organization.

Sincerely,

Bill Piper
Senior Director, National Affairs
Drug Policy Alliance
http://links.drugpolicy.mkt7185.com...Mjk3NjE1OTc1S0&b=0&j=ODYzMjE4MzQxS0&mt=1&rt=0http://links.drugpolicy.mkt7185.com...Mjk3NjE1OTc1S0&b=0&j=ODYzMjE4MzQxS0&mt=1&rt=0
You have received this email because [email protected] is a member of the Drug Policy Alliance mailing list.
Unsubscribe from this mailing list. - Contact Us.
Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd St., 15th Floor New York, NY 10001

Bill Piper, I respectfully salute you for doing this.

In over 4 decades during which they've carved a worldwide path of needless death and destruction, the DEA has achieved NONE of their long-term goals initially set forth in the early 70s! And they also happen to have little to no objective evidence to prove that continuing to fund them (costs about $75,000,000,000 USD yearly in tax payer money last I heard) yields more benefits than risks to the American people and a "free" society at large.

They've only managed to exist this long without the scruitiny they deserve because there was no 24/7 interconnected social infrastructure on a global scale consisting of multimedia-based long distance communication at the speed of light.

Since so many of us now have the means to share our experiences - both positive and negative - with the world at the touch of a button, this parasitic excuse for a law enforcement agency can no longer abuse their position of authority to the same degree as before when the mainstream media had dominion over mass exchange of information in the public domain, which, was sadly filtered through a bureaucratic cacophony of lies, deceit, omission of contextually relevant info, and much more.

Or maybe I'm completely fucked up and have no idea what I'm talking about, but I digress, good day.

Edit: I cannot stress this enough: Our society would BENEFIT long-term if the DEA ceases to exist. They add nothing of notable benefit to public safety, public service and effective policing. And they routinely abuse Asset Forfeiture laws while preying on completely innocent Americans who have never touched an illegal substance before in their lives, nor have a criminal record, yet they still "look suspicious" and have a nice wad of cash on them so these pigs literally steal it (oh I'm sorry, they "confiscate" it). Ok, I'm done - fuck the DEA (government-sanctioned thieves and thugs).

Last edited: