• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Finding myself on LSD then loosing it on shrooms?

Apurplenugfish

Bluelighter
Okay this is going to sound funny but I want a second opinion from like-minded people. I have recently found myself through the use of acid for the first time. I am experienced in taking various psilocybin mushrooms, salvia, LSA, DXM, and now LSD. I'm planning on taking an eighth of shrooms, I am kinda skeptical about doing so because I have always taken shrooms and ended up feeling lost in my head...after finding myself should I do this? I had not had the same mindset about how special and extraordinary psychedelics really are when I was taking these psychedelics prior to my LSD awakening. I now know how to properly take these psychedelcs for learning and spiritual growth but what if shrooms take this away? Also do you think that I can use mushrooms in the same way I used LSD to heal my prior mental state? Thanks so much

-C

When you say with mushrooms you "felt lost in your head", do you mean during the trip or after? For me personally "losing yourself" and "finding yourself" really goes hand in hand, one wouldn't work without the other... but I'm not sure if I really understood what you meant by that.

Obviously nobody here can tell you, if you *should* take mushrooms. If you want to, do it, if you're not sure, don't.

If you are worried about how to retain the "mindset about how special and extraordinary psychedelics really are", I think this has much more to do with frequency of use, set, setting, intention, etc. and far less with the specific substance you choose. In what way was your LSD trip different then your previous experiences, other than that it was a different substance? Do you usualy do it in a group setting and this time you were alone? Do you usually do it inside and this time you were outdoors?

When you say with mushrooms you "felt lost in your head", do you mean during the trip or after?

Well more so coming down and after, it was almost as if I got lost and recovered and benefited heavily from LSD but not so much from shrooms. I'm going to give it a try; I feel like in my current mindset I can do anything without being set back into a more negative mindset.

In what way was your LSD trip different then your previous experiences, other than that it was a different substance?
My LSD trip (also combined with 200mg of close to pure MDMA)
Was absolutely amazing I felt as if I had a clear head and was just dropped in this realm that resembled this one, only if you can imagine the trip accompanied by the MDMA my thoughts were lifted and positive...it was so crazy at the same time with colors and the strongest most vivid visually I had ever seen. The trees would swirl and twist until it would change into a Egyptian type visual that was extremely vivid. At the peak the world around me started to get really crazy with patterns, faces and geometric shapes, that were crazy colors and finally got to a point where I couldn't even recognize that I was walking on earth. I was in a different world completely...somehow I knew I was still okay though I felt safe. I was listening to the grateful dead the whole time and couldn't stand not listening I absolutely had a 100% positive experience. So bottom line is that if blew every drug I have ever done out of the water, and in turn changed my life for the positive and I'm content! While shrooms, DXM, and LSA were unenjoyable. I still have a love for shooms I just don't know if it's the right thing for me to do, I'm thinking now after what I just described I should just stick with LSD until I'm well into this new mindset. Sorry for the length.

Do you usualy do it in a group setting and this time you were alone? Do you usually do it inside and this time you were outdoors?
I started to trip with a buddy and he freaked out and left, I was with my two other buddies that were good friend but they both had to leave and from then on I knew had the night to myself for 12 hours...and it was profound. It was frightening at first but in turn was the best thing I had ever done for myself. I am sorta experienced in psychedelics so I know how to take them and learn and to get what I want from them. I always take them in a meditative state, or while listening to music and walking around, always outdoors and always alone from now on. Thanks so much for your replies I'm glad I have gotten some advise.

Yeah that sounds like a great trip, you had there. I don't have experience mixing MDMA with psychedelics (unless you count cannabis), but afaik it's often used to achieve a more consistently positive and euphoric trip.

Some people say that if you have a difficult experience, it's better not to wait too long to trip again, so you can go back to that specific place and work out the problems that arose earlier. Could it be that your not-so-great mushroom trip layed the groundwork and made you aware of the fact that there is some kind of problem you haven't really adressed for yourself? And that you just had to have a little time thinking it over and then go back to that state of mind to resolve those issues? If you think this could be the case, maybe you were just ready for that experience and it wouldn't really have mattered whether you took LSD+MDMA or just LSD or just mushrooms again.

Either way, you will never know for sure, as these experiences cannot be reproduced. It will take some experimenting to find out, whether it is mushrooms, that just aren't for you, or tripping in a group, that is just not for you or if psychedelics in general aren't for you unless mixed with MDMA or a thousand other possibilities.

When you say with mushrooms you "felt lost in your head", do you mean during the trip or after? For me personally "losing yourself" and "finding yourself" really goes hand in hand, one wouldn't work without the other... but I'm not sure if I really understood what you meant by that.

Obviously nobody here can tell you, if you *should* take mushrooms. If you want to, do it, if you're not sure, don't.

If you are worried about how to retain the "mindset about how special and extraordinary psychedelics really are", I think this has much more to do with frequency of use, set, setting, intention, etc. and far less with the specific substance you choose. In what way was your LSD trip different then your previous experiences, other than that it was a different substance? Do you usualy do it in a group setting and this time you were alone? Do you usually do it inside and this time you were outdoors?
Yeah that sounds like a great trip, you had there. I don't have experience mixing MDMA with psychedelics (unless you count cannabis), but afaik it's often used to achieve a more consistently positive and euphoric trip.

Some people say that if you have a difficult experience, it's better not to wait too long to trip again, so you can go back to that specific place and work out the problems that arose earlier. Could it be that your not-so-great mushroom trip layed the groundwork and made you aware of the fact that there is some kind of problem you haven't really adressed for yourself? And that you just had to have a little time thinking it over and then go back to that state of mind to resolve those issues? If you think this could be the case, maybe you were just ready for that experience and it wouldn't really have mattered whether you took LSD+MDMA or just LSD or just mushrooms again.

Either way, you will never know for sure, as these experiences cannot be reproduced. It will take some experimenting to find out, whether it is mushrooms, that just aren't for you, or tripping in a group, that is just not for you or if psychedelics in general aren't for you unless mixed with MDMA or a thousand other possibilities.
Thanks so much for you response, and upon considering the possibility of using them for spiritual growth . I think that I was ready to take psychedelics and in turn resulted in a great mental transformation! I'm almost positive now that I can take mushrooms once again...maybe the more of a mind fuck I will get from the shrooms will be good for self healing if I can keep it together in a proper mindset and setting for learning possibilities. Thanks for your advise and will be defiantly dropping LSD as soon as my guy gets some in. I wish to continue transcending the levels of consciousness and this help shed some insight as well has given me a different view on these subjects. Thanks so much man. Shrooms is particularly good for learning what negative vibes I have created during my life, it help me cleanse my spirit, I think that's why my shrooms trip have been kinda a mind fuck and shitty, it's because it exposes me to different feelings I have about myself. But now after making changes to my viberarional level and being a happy person on a pursuit. The trip can be so intense that I come out feeling refreshed or lost, which maybe I good thing so that I can find myself after the trip. That's kinda what happens with the profound LSD (always different) as I was mentioning before. I'm not so worried about this anymore after further though, thanks so much man! I will pursue as far as I can into different psychedelics including shrooms from now on!

Last edited: