View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Finding Mushies in QLD

Madam27

Greenlighter
Good Evening, I’ve been searching areas of SE qld for about a year now hoping to take my first mushroom trip. I haven’t had any luck, got scammed by ‘sellers’ twice and have tried other hallucinogens while waiting but I really want to find mushrooms. Does anyone know any specific areas of SE QLD where they grow? Thanks in advance!

Hey @Madam27 welcome to Bluelight!

Mushrooms are like gold - they are located where you find them!
But seriously if you start by narrowing your search, it may help.

Start with species. You want psilocybe genus or panaeolus?
Cubensis or wood lovers, or grass lovers?
Once you know that, do a search for a mycologist site and/or a good field guide for your region.
Reading up on your chosen mushroom will reveal the range, best habitat, and visual as well as microscopic features.

The habitat section is key.
Narrowing down like this helps - am I looking for dung, or hardwood chips?

Once you find a location, harvest with scissors so you leave some mycelium behind for next flush.

You got this, it just takes research before real search.

Then do a spore print and even an Ehrlich test or similar, to be certain.

Many cities have mycologists‘ societies meetups - try attending one if their walks.

For me, it took a few years before I was seeing them everywhere; your eyes get dialed in and so does your sense of your subject’s favorite habitat.

Good luck and hope you’re lucky soon! Nothing like finding your own - it’s like nature providing and saying “it’s time.”
:)

You need to go to shroomery and check out the QLD threads when they are in season. You are out of luck atm til the next season starts and your best bet will be looking for psilocybe subageriousa when its winter in woodchips and wooded forests. In summer cubensis does grow in cow shit on farms. There is plently of shrooms in QLD but the police in QLD Are true nazis and hide there cars near shroom spots waiting to arrest pickers to send you to jail for years its pretty fucked. So be extremly careful because the pigs in australia are truly fucked cunts who send peaceful shroom pickers to jail they will spend entire day trapping people in forests hiding there police cars and even setting up cameras around well known locations.

You need to go to shroomery and check out the QLD threads when they are in season. You are out of luck atm til the next season starts and your best bet will be looking for psilocybe subageriousa when its winter in woodchips and wooded forests. In summer cubensis does grow in cow shit on farms. There is plently of shrooms in QLD but the police in QLD Are true nazis and hide there cars near shroom spots waiting to arrest pickers to send you to jail for years its pretty fucked. So be extremly careful because the pigs in australia are truly fucked cunts who send peaceful shroom pickers to jail they will spend entire day trapping people in forests hiding there police cars and even setting up cameras around well known locations.
It's mushroom season in Qld now and literally none of that stuff you said ever happens.

I'm surprised mushrooms don't grow out of your posts, the amount of shit you talk sometimes..

It's mushroom season in Qld now and literally none of that stuff you said ever happens.
happens in all australian states just because you are smart and never seen it happen does not mean it aint. I seen many news reports over the years and even had friends go through cop stops at main shroom spots and asked what they were up too. last year 5 teens got issued court notices for picking.