• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Finding more out about someone using social networking?

Tony Williams

Bluelighter
So lets say a girl or guy you like as part of a charity club or works at a clothes shop. That you've only just seen or said the odd ok. If you look them up using Facebook and look at groups then search thier name hoping to find thier profile so you can find out more about them to see if you both have interests. Is this acceptable or would it be stalking alittle? Even if you added them as a friend under another name (if you needed too)

Any other ideas?

Yea, adding them under "another name" would be stalkerish, looking up their public page not as much.

It's up to you to decide what needs to be done, I only came in here to label it ;).

I'd say it's free game if their profile was public, but like our hommie Corazon said, creating a different account would be a little much. The best thing you could do is go back to the charity club or clothing shop and introduce yourself. Make sure you have a reason being there besides hooking-up tough.

I'm Teabag Johnny :D

catfish, catfish, catfish

everyone internet stalks a little but you must know its unhealthy and fake profiles are not cool.

pure stalker

Yea, adding them under "another name" would be stalkerish, looking up their public page not as much.

It's up to you to decide what needs to be done, I only came in here to label it ;).

Agreed.
Tons of people look at someone else's profile. No big deal. Making a fake profile? That's a bit much.

Nope not me. *rocky running on stair moment :)

Only go from real life to digital. not the other way around. Or, post first and let people come to you. Only reciprocate, never be proactive unless it started in real life.
Also, always send a message. Send an inbox when you message or do something, say hello, or; make a mass post explaining your actions if you've added a handful of friend requests.

Places like bluelight are probably different though.

A lot of people (especially attractive women) will ignore messages if they don't know the person. A lot of us are skeptical about strangers on social media sites including myself. A gay guy tried to hook-up with me one time by making a fake profile of an attractive woman. And I believe he fount out who I was through the university I was attending. And we've all seen the show Catfish like stated above. So, you have to factor this in to.

if you met her in person, why would you go to the internet to get to know her? Isnt that sort of ass backwards? The best and only way to get to know someone is spend "real" time with them :)

Op,

Check out the social media thread over in "science and technology". Theres a few pieces of good advice.

Acceptable? I'd say to add somebody on social media who you barely know in person under a false name is....strange....

It didn't seem that weird until the last part... lol. I mean, everyone that uses social media creates their own profiles. Everyone should know by now that if you choose to share something, it's going to be made public for anyone to see. People on Facebook can specifically share their likes and interests under their about pages. So, you going on their profile and reading them wouldn't be weird at all. That's why they're there. HOWEVER, if someone has a private profile then there is probably a reason for it. People should still know that just because your profile is private doesn't mean there aren't ways around it... but still... I think it's best to respect their privacy. Adding them on a fake profile to trick them into sharing information with you is definitely not a great idea. I think a lot of people have done this before and not fully realized how creepy it really is. It might seem more justifiable if you're only using it to find out more about them, and not actually starting a relationship with them under a fake persona, but it's still wrong. Good intentions, bad idea!

It's fine to get to know about someone through social networking sites, perhaps you could find a common interest and next time you see her you could bring it up that you like such and such. But…. making a fake profile and stuff is pretty creepy, I don't see anything good with doing that.

who here's seen the louie episode where he finds the chick who told him to whip it out? ololollol