L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Find it difficult to communicate with my partner in everyday life

laVoix

Bluelighter
Although this is not strictly limited just to her, but I find it difficult to have any meaningful communication during the day.
Simply either there is no topic to talk about, since we do different jobs and neither is too enthusiastic about the "usual" gossips brought home since I believe it wastes my time to listen about that while I can be reading research papers and she does not understand mine since are full of jargon and generally not appealing to people outside industry.

Moreover, even the conversation about other "common" stuff is difficult. Recently she remarked that I should weight a bit less given my height and claimed it's because of body fat. I explained that it's not fat since the measurements actually showed a low body fat percentage and that it might be excessive water retention or bones and proceed to explain her the logic since I know she never did any real research about it and clearly does not know what she is talking about, but in the process she fell asleep! She simply disconnects in the middle of any elaborate, logical discussion; on the other hand she was first to raise voice while she was trying to debunk my theory, just to later tell me to be "more quiet".
On the other hand I don't have time and don't see a point about explaining and elaborating anything to anyone since in no way it enriches my knowledge, especially when the other person is not listening OR not a skilled professional on the topic.

Basically, I would welcome advice how to lead a chick-level emotional talk discussions and end them in a timely fashion so I can do other stuff.

Sometimes we just don't know what to talk and end up making some animal noises which I find particularly funny and relaxing since Why bother? :)

I think it's good that you have individual interests. Partners/spouses do not need to be best friends and enjoy the same things. Keeping interests outside the marriage/relationship is good for the relationship, and occasional light conversation about those outside interests brings interest and dynamic to the relationship. It's helpful if this is made clear and well understood by both people.

What does matter in a relationship is that you are able to keep a happy household together, encourage the other to self-actualize, and enhance one another's health.

Break up with her. You clearly have nothing in common with her and you share different views.

Add: After more than three years, my boyfriend and I still have lots to talk about. we have different jobs and we have some similar interests but many different interests.

BMI is bullshit and anyone with a brain would know that.

it doesn't work for different races or weightlifters. one size fits all is nonsense.

aside you might be a boring boyfriend also maybe you two have a limited mental connection. you have mentioned in about a million other threads that you are with her for shallow reasons. here is the end result. enjoy

hints of autistic spectrum may shine down upon thee (my friend is mildly autitistic/high functioning- it causes male female communication difficulties)?

So laVoix has admitted he is other than perfect? I would think a guy who has started as many threads as he has about how his girlfriend's appearance dissatisfies him would have to be really hot shit. And now he is effectively insinuating she is incapable of an intelligent conversation.

On the other hand I don't have time and don't see a point about explaining and elaborating anything to anyone since in no way it enriches my knowledge, especially when the other person is not listening OR not a skilled professional on the topic.

Basically, I would welcome advice how to lead a chick-level emotional talk discussions and end them in a timely fashion so I can do other stuff.

There is no such thing as a "chick-level" emotional talk discussion. That's a very pejorative thing to say; you are insinuating that you have to dumb yourself down in order to relate to females. Guess what? Women are capable of logic and critical analysis too! We are even capable of discussing abstractions in an intelligent and informed manner!

Regarding BMI, basically what pofacedhoe posted. One size does not fit all.

I really think you need to discontinue your relationship with this woman. You don't seem like you have much respect for yourself, much less her. Would you like some enrichment as to your knowledge? Work on respecting yourself and others.

Guess what? Women are capable of logic and critical analysis too! We are even capable of discussing abstractions in an intelligent and informed manner!

I'd say you're selling yourself short: women are capable of discussing simple issues in such abstract ways that it makes my head spin. Eventually I'll kneel down and admit that you're all right, all the time.

So laVoix has admitted he is other than perfect? I would think a guy who has started as many threads as he has about how his girlfriend's appearance dissatisfies him would have to be really hot shit. And now he is effectively insinuating she is incapable of an intelligent conversation.

There is no such thing as a "chick-level" emotional talk discussion. That's a very pejorative thing to say; you are insinuating that you have to dumb yourself down in order to relate to females. Guess what? Women are capable of logic and critical analysis too! We are even capable of discussing abstractions in an intelligent and informed manner!

I never admitted I am less then perfect, I just passed along her remark. One thing certain I'd never say in a typical chick way "You think me fat? :( So what if I am fat??! Then leave me and find other boy *crying*".
Every remark, even if unsound or minor, will be analyzed, treated seriously and be accepted and valued as a biggest compliment since it points out shortfalls (weather known before or not) and encourages me to take steps towards correcting everything that might 'appear less then perfect'.

The jury is still out weather this chick-level talk myth is correct or not, although from my experience I met very few girls who actually can follow my reasoning and one-up me with knowledge and intelligent remark. I do met one of those, she was even cute (but still not my "supermodel potential type"), albeit she was pricing her so high and shooting clearly for millionaires or top stars of the industry, so there simply could not be any type of deal unless she was willing to (temporarily) reduce her expectations, which did not materialize. So I hope with standard theta decay her value will be just right in her late thirties =D Sometimes people are shooting way out of their leagues, and I find this much more prominent with females.

"Sometimes people are shooting way out of their leagues, and I find this much more prominent with females. "

I would have to agree. Although I find [some] women super fun to talk to, because not every discussion has to be an academic debate, women have a focus more on social things which I enjoy thinking of too, it's fun to talk about random shit. Agreeing with people who might be less intelligent doesn't make you an idiot, "going to their level" it just means you're being normal and talking with someone.

Sounds like you guys need something to do together instead of make noise together. Do exactly what I say... Take her to the batting range and go right into the fastest machine and make her go first.

Maybe move up from noises of birds to farm animals to wolf noises, then to dolphin calls, then monkeys, then caveman grunts, etc. step by step, up the evolutionary chain. eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. then you will have knowledge of good and evil: welcome to the mortal plane.

My guess is that La Voix is a man of average intelligence who writes these posts because he has no television, and he and his girlfriend (who tells him what to write) get thrills from reading the responses.
Probably lives on a farm and aspires to owning a subaru forester.

You sound like a very boring person. She tells you to get more fit and you start quoting her educational articles? Wtf.

im just going to block La Voix, im rlly sick of this style of trolling, all his posts have 0 human qualities

]The jury is still out weather this chick-level talk myth is correct or not, although from my experience I met very few girls who actually can follow my reasoning and one-up me with knowledge and intelligent remark. I do met one of those, she was even cute (but still not my "supermodel potential type"), albeit she was pricing her so high and shooting clearly for millionaires or top stars of the industry, so there simply could not be any type of deal unless she was willing to (temporarily) reduce her expectations, which did not materialize. So I hope with standard theta decay her value will be just right in her late thirties =D Sometimes people are shooting way out of their leagues, and I find this much more prominent with females.

This is not intended to be rude, but is English your first language?

May I ask the nature of your industry and educational background? "Theta decay" refers to a concept in options trading (guess what, girls can do that too!) where the value of an option decreases the closer the option gets to expiring. NOW I get why you come off as obtuse. You're stating that the older a woman gets, the less her value. You must be applying the same logic! Well, it doesn't always work that way in finance... you don't appear to be interested in anything other than a short-term investment, anyways. I really hope you haven't duped anyone into investing money with you.

Ever considered investing your time and energy into the long-haul? In both the financial and personal sense, you may not have the 'rush' of a short-term gain, but if you decide wisely, you might find something even more worthwhile.

(This is why I don't date junk bondsmen!)

I explained that it's not fat since the measurements actually showed a low body fat percentage and that it might be excessive water retention or bones and proceed to explain her the logic since I know she never did any real research about it and clearly does not know what she is talking about, but in the process she fell asleep!

lol

girlfriend 1 - laVoix 0

So OP isn't just a troll, he's a fat boring troll :)

its cuz ur smart. shes just all like snore. Technical jargon. Snore. and to u its super fascinating. I know the feeling.

i'm big boned and full of water. thats why i'm so big8)

OP have you ever thought how you sound when you say these things? ridiculous comes to mind

^ I can see him coming across a lovable character in real life

laVoix... people talk to each other for a million different reasons aside from 'exchange useful information and end transaction asap'. You should try it, join us on the mortal plane. Aside from that, I don't really have any advice on how to turn your girlfriend on and off like a television set. Maybe you should turn her off permanently.

ControlDenied
Mariposa

responses made me laugh out loud haha