• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finally started my reduction, go me!!

Opiatehell85

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, went to rehab for my monthly routine appointment, we decided I was ready to start reducing from my 10mg of buprenorphine. So I'm down to 9.6mg and will reduce weekly by 0.4mg until I'm down to 6mg, I will then reduce every two weeks until 2mg and final stages will be monthly before I do the drop at 0.4

does this sound reasonable to you? I generally want to be off them by September. I didn't plan my maintence to take four months but obviously things don't always go to plan.

Would anyone suggest extra support, or will this be generally pain free until the drop at the end?

thanks in advance xoxo

Sounds like a solid plan without too much hurrying.

I guess that in the last phases you might need something for staying operative but if you don't get RLS or have other problems with sleep I hope you can get through without too much hassle.

In the end it is just mind over matter when you finally get off from the subs. Some people are years on the subs so few months isn't that bad and if you need extra time then you just need extra time. Don't let it bother you.

Good luck!

Sounds like a solid plan without too much hurrying.

I guess that in the last phases you might need something for staying operative but if you don't get RLS or have other problems with sleep I hope you can get through without too much hassle.

In the end it is just mind over matter when you finally get off from the subs. Some people are years on the subs so few months isn't that bad and if you need extra time then you just need extra time. Don't let it bother you.

Good luck!

thankyou, yeah I suppose four months isn't all that long, it's certainly changed my life as before them I didn't see a way out from prescription drugs, I could never taper from them but I feel like these are different, I don't get any high or nothing from them so I suppose they have got me ready for a sober life more than anything.

Ill just have to keep busy with work in the final days, she did say if some weeks I'm feeling the drop too much then she won't push me, it's all at my own pace.

thanks for the advice and well wishes, I do hope it goes to plan, but no big deal if it doesn't :)