Finally! Marijuana-Coffee Has Arrived

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Finally! Marijuana-Coffee Has Arrived
Samantha Felix
August 25, 2014

Screen-Shot-2014-08-25-at-2.59.10-PM1.png

Cannabis-infused cold-brewed coffee is here (at least if you’re in Washington State) and it may just radically redefine that early part of the day known as “morning.” Mirth Provisions, a Washington-based company, is now producing THC-infused bottled coffee called “Legal,” with the tagline: “Wake up, it’s Legal!”

The combo of caffeine and THC create a “good buzz,” says founder Adam Stites. He adds that the beverage is tasty: “coffee and cannabis flavor also complement each other nicely.” And it’s family-friendly: “it’s much more approachable, here’s a drink as opposed to ‘hey mom and dad do you want a joint?’”

Each drink contains about 20 mg of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. Washington state law requires that edibles contain no more than 100mg of THC, and a single serving of an edible can only have 10mg of THC. But Stites says that is more than enough: “We want people to be able to enjoy our drinks. Not to get blasted. We work hard to keep the level of THC consistent in our products. Everyone has a bad edibles experience story.” True—it seems no one will ever forget Maureen Dowd’s.

continued here http://www.substance.com/finally-marijuana-infused-coffee-has-arrived/11293/

Sounds terrible to me, but for those who like an extra serving of anxiety with their marijuana, I guess it could hold some appeal :p

No hippy speed balls for you Crankinit. I just sold all my stock in monster and am planning to reinvest in Cannabis-infused cold-brewed coffee. either that or I will just by a shit ton.

I would like to try it one day. But, instead, I will probably have to smoke some weed when I am in California or Amsterdam next, and drink some good coffee with it. Oh well.

This is definitely something I'd like to try.

Perhaps Tim Horton's or Starbucks will start serving it if Harper and his right wing nuts are relieved of their duties.

"One medium ganja brew double double please."

imho better experience to smoke a bogey while sipping good coffee than ruin the both by putting them together :\

20mg sounds very small, almost negligible
I don't think 20 mg is that small. I had 100 mg once in a properly made gummi and I was totally floored. This being with a daily smokers tolerance. My boyfriend had a 20mg chocolate and was "higher than he had been in his life". Granted he usually only smoked once a month. I think 20 mg is enough, especially for someone who is cannabis naive.

20mg sounds very small, almost negligible

Eh, the state is calling a max single oral dose of 10mg- marinol scripted as an appetite stimulant usually goes out @ 5mg 3x daily. Maximum clinical dose listed @ 20mg daily, with listed contraindications "Significant CNS symptoms in antiemetic studies followed oral doses of 0.4 mg/kg (28 mg/70 kg) of MARINOL (dronabinol) Capsules." I come in @ 59kg, so one of these would put me @ .33mg/kg. I dunno what they mean specifically by "significant CNS symptoms", but I think the first time I tried one, I'd stick to a single bottle.

Remember, they've got to assume a naive user- I'm a chronic user of cannabis, so I'm extremely likely to have some tolerance. However (damn the black market, and the inherent variability) it's tough to know exactly what my daily dose looks like, so I'd wanna titrate up pretty carefully. Cannabinoid overdoses are fairly safe, but extremely uncomfortable.

If we've gotta plan on people w/ naive receptors chugging the stuff down like iced coffee, 20mg/dosage unit actually sounds kinda high- I'd be surprised not to hear of some uncomfortable reactions to this dose in a naive user group.

Let's face it, most folk do not dose recreational drugs, especially legal recreational drugs, in a responsible manner.

This reminds me, I have a rice krispy treat edible I got for free when I purchased a half gram of top quality hash oil

I should eat it when I get home :D :D