• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finally going to get of opiates(done 24 to the minute so far)

FedorGOAT

Greenlighter
I have had a weird 4 year addiction with opiates which all started with an ankle break. I suppose I noticed the energy it gave me on the very odd occasion I was handed the odd two from someone on a building site. I got prescribed tramadol after I broke my ankle on a building site in February 2019, then broke my foot(same leg) halloween 2019. It was continually painful after that and I used them to work and exercise. I lost my job at very start of covid(paid off) in Mar 2020 then got a massive operation on my ankle and foot on Feb 1st 2021 which then I was given a lot more tramadol and some morphine on Feb which resulted in some morphine and A LOT more tramadol, unfortunately my Mother died 16 days after my operation and I guess I used them to get through grief as still to this day I haven't shed a tear for her and I was as close as you come to a mother. Fast forward to May 2022 and I contracted something called septic arthritis which almost resulted in me losing my life(very rare unfortunate condition). I got 6 operations in 15 days and my body is so broken down and in a lot of pain from all of this. I'm now fed up of the vicious circle where I pop more than I am supposed to take when I first get my prescription then take less than I am meant to(due to the fact of running out). I then realised I could get tramadol off my friend which I did around 6 weeks ago and this has made me realise YES this IS a problem. I know do use it for pain but I am obvious now addicted. I have tried the reduction level which hasn't worked in the past as I keep getting in the same loop but I can say though when I got out my 3 weeks hospital stint between May-June last year I have came down from 100mg slowtec(oxycodone) and 100mglongtec(oxycodone) all the way down to 8 codeine then finally 4 codeine. So at least I am not going cold turkey off a crazy amount. I am coming straight off 4 -6codeine recently or there abouts(yes all taken at once first thing in the morning) to absolute zero.

Any tips/helps would be appreciated. Can I say I am also prescribed 2,700mg gabapentin(per day) for pain - which I have read can help with some withdrawals from the doctor and take quetiapine, propranolol and depakote. I also have like 5(five) 7.5mg zopiclone in the house and 3(three) 5mg diazepam and 3(three) 2mg diazepam in the house. As I say a help ould be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again in advance and sitting at 24 hours and 17 minutes since I last popped 120mg codeine yesterday