• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finally admitted I need outside help

Broken_Soul

Bluelighter
Hi guys hope everyone's as high as can be 😊

So yesterday sat with my two mates smoking crack An H until 9am. Seeping is cheating lol

We got talking and they said I should seek help from our local drug treatment centre that prescribe subbies and methadone

But the bullet and rang first thing told them I'd been clean 17 year ago an relapsed back in Sept and that I'm highly motivated.

So they made me a phone apt with there Dr for Friday over the phone. Ten mins later that was cancelled and its now 3pm today. I think they can tell that I'm highly motivated to get clean again. Because my scoliosis and numb legs from knee down from my surgery's Im thinking of asking for methadone although they prescribe to detox and keep on a level but it's also a good pain killer, this is why I relapsed after my oxys n fentanyl were stopped.

I'll know more after 3pm Im pleased I've bitten the bullet before it ry gets out of hand again.
. Do you think I will be able to get methadone as subbies make me feel crap my body don't agree with them. Thanks for reading guys

Peace

Hi Broken_Soul. First, I don't know where you're from, but by the way you framed your question, I guess you're from the US. I'm from EU and don't know much about the system in North America, but I believe you should be able to get methadone. From what I read here there are methadone clinics all over the USA and I don't know why you wouldn't get methadone, especially if you have pain issues. Or you don't want to go to the methadone clinic? Anyways I congratulate your resolve and I hope you get what you need.

P.S. Maybe open a thread in TDS or H&R...or mods could move it there. I just think you will get more responses in that sub-forums. :)

Hi Broken_Soul. First, I don't know where you're from, but by the way you framed your question, I guess you're from the US. I'm from EU and don't know much about the system in North America, but I believe you should be able to get methadone. From what I read here there are methadone clinics all over the USA and I don't know why you wouldn't get methadone, especially if you have pain issues. Or you don't want to go to the methadone clinic? Anyways I congratulate your resolve and I hope you get what you need.

P.S. Maybe open a thread in TDS or H&R...or mods could move it there. I just think you will get more responses in that sub-forums. :)
Hey man hope your well.
I'm in the UK mate midlands n I know they prescribe meth and subbies. Again I don't get on with subbies hated being on them last time forever feeling lethargic and sick.
I hope they don't say coz I only relapsed Sept they don't want to put me on meth but im leaning toward wanting meth as it's a pain killer too. Pains the reason I'm back on H, and the rocks a treat before H for dessert 😉👍

Thanks for your reply mate

Hi guys hope everyone's as high as can be 😊

So yesterday sat with my two mates smoking crack An H until 9am. Seeping is cheating lol

We got talking and they said I should seek help from our local drug treatment centre that prescribe subbies and methadone

But the bullet and rang first thing told them I'd been clean 17 year ago an relapsed back in Sept and that I'm highly motivated.

So they made me a phone apt with there Dr for Friday over the phone. Ten mins later that was cancelled and its now 3pm today. I think they can tell that I'm highly motivated to get clean again. Because my scoliosis and numb legs from knee down from my surgery's Im thinking of asking for methadone although they prescribe to detox and keep on a level but it's also a good pain killer, this is why I relapsed after my oxys n fentanyl were stopped.

I'll know more after 3pm Im pleased I've bitten the bullet before it ry gets out of hand again.
. Do you think I will be able to get methadone as subbies make me feel crap my body don't agree with them. Thanks for reading guys

Peace

Why did they stop ur oxys and fentanyl if u dont mind me asking?

@evo4ever
The fentanyl I'd had enough of every 72 hrs when the patch ran out. It ran out at more like 60hrs n the cramps sickness and sweats ten times more intense than H me thinking ill piss the detox went against their advice to drop to 12 mcg then 6 I went from 25mcg to zero absolute hell on earth. The oxys shortec and longtec was stopped after my 3rd back surgery a spinal fusion. Which hasn't worked so the pain remains 😩

Not sure how it works in the UK but hopefully you can get the methadone.

Can you get pharmaceutical diamorphine in the UK? Or is that only for the most hardened addicts 🤔

Methadone is a good painkiller however it should optimally be dosed multiple times a day if it is also being used as an analgesic. This is because the painkilling effects of methadone are shorter lived than their withdrawal supressing effects (8-12 hours versus 24+ hours, respectively).

@evo4ever
The fentanyl I'd had enough of every 72 hrs when the patch ran out. It ran out at more like 60hrs n the cramps sickness and sweats ten times more intense than H me thinking ill piss the detox went against their advice to drop to 12 mcg then 6 I went from 25mcg to zero absolute hell on earth. The oxys shortec and longtec was stopped after my 3rd back surgery a spinal fusion. Which hasn't worked so the pain remains 😩

I'm on Shortec and have been for 5 years. Did they just decide ur not in pain anymore? If so thats kinda wrong!

Not sure how it works in the UK but hopefully you can get the methadone.

Can you get pharmaceutical diamorphine in the UK? Or is that only for the most hardened addicts 🤔

Methadone is a good painkiller however it should optimally be dosed multiple times a day if it is also being used as an analgesic. This is because the painkilling effects of methadone are shorter lived than their withdrawal supressing effects (8-12 hours versus 24+ hours, respectively).
Hey mate.... So probably bcoz my health n the fact I'm highly motivated to detox and my history of 17 years clean they rushed it through did referral and got a phone call appt the same day. I've got to go into the place on 1st of June, and the 2nd of June my methadone scrip starts.
How easy was that?
Will I not feel any withdrawals from the H while using meth then?

Happy days, the helps there if people want it you've just gotta show your serious 😊

I'm on Shortec and have been for 5 years. Did they just decide ur not in pain anymore? If so thats kinda wrong!
After my spinal surgery we'll 3rd surgery tryin to straighten my spine n deal with the prolapsed disks. So after my 3rs one the fusion it looked to of worked I looked straighter and the pain had eased so I got discharged with 2 weeks worth and then the Dr stops then. Fast forward a few months and I'm back twisted my hips click all the time and pain is back, but my Dr's however won't put me back on any opiates. Even tho dropping the fentanyl was my idea and I saw it through with no medical intervention. Makes no sense. I hope to get relief from the methadone
. Hope that kinda helps...

After my spinal surgery we'll 3rd surgery tryin to straighten my spine n deal with the prolapsed disks. So after my 3rs one the fusion it looked to of worked I looked straighter and the pain had eased so I got discharged with 2 weeks worth and then the Dr stops then. Fast forward a few months and I'm back twisted my hips click all the time and pain is back, but my Dr's however won't put me back on any opiates. Even tho dropping the fentanyl was my idea and I saw it through with no medical intervention. Makes no sense. I hope to get relief from the methadone
. Hope that kinda helps...

Well theres clear pathology for ur pain and they should be controlling it for u! If they're dicking u about then I suggest u change doctor.

@evo4ever
I have changed my Dr twice but my notes follow me, bcoz I've just moved home I'm in the process of moving again n can only hope that these ones are better than the last two Dr's surgery's I've been under.

Well there is one thing the can't be worse than the one I'm at they stopped my lorazapam and nitrazepam script I'd been on years prescribed by a phyc. Can't get them back now either fuckers!!

Hey mate.... So probably bcoz my health n the fact I'm highly motivated to detox and my history of 17 years clean they rushed it through did referral and got a phone call appt the same day. I've got to go into the place on 1st of June, and the 2nd of June my methadone scrip starts.
How easy was that?
Will I not feel any withdrawals from the H while using meth then?.

Happy days, the helps there if people want it you've just gotta show your serious 😊

If you've been clean for 17 years and have only just relapsed, I wouldn't expect that you would suffer any withdrawal from the gear.

Methadone is ridiculously easy to get prescribed over here and it should sort you out. Just try not to abuse it...

How easy was that?
Will I not feel any withdrawals from the H while using meth then?

Congrats!
The only thing with Methadone for pain, maybe, is it really should be taken 2-4 times through the day and in small doses.
I’m planning on starting it myself for pain but figure I’ll go in as maintenance and if it doesn’t work well for pain for that reason try and find a doctor who will prescribe pills.
Good luck to you!

Broken,

That's awesome that you're wanting to change your life for the better. I know it's not a decision made lightly. Heroin was my only true friend from age 15-25. It was the only relationship that I felt I could truly understand. It was a substance that had the potential to ruin my life, but at least she was up front about who she was, what she wanted and what she might take from me.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm assuming you have Methadone Clinics in your vicinity. Methadone is an Opioid of course. It works great fort pain, just as Morphine does. However, my experience with people on the clinic, is that Methadone maintenance does not actually treat their pain in the most effective manner. I'm not sure what the mechanism is behind this, but I believe the high, consistent dosages of powerful Opioids fucks with your homeostasis.

I think when physician's attempt to treat pain, it is a deicate dance between managing benefits, drawbacks and tolerance. It's not as simple as just aministering Opioids. I am not a medical professional. I have no right to give you true advice on this, but in my experience, Methadone maintenance often leaves those in chronic pain with unresolved issues.

I'd be interested to hear opinions and experiences from other people on this subject. I'm a major proponent of Opioid maintenance. I think it's great if you're ready to truly TRY. Just getting on Methadone and continuing to smoke Crack consistently leaves you only with a new dependency. Methadone was how I got off dope. I don't feel like I would be where I am now without maintenance. Although, it is a big decision man. Once you are at the clinic, you're tied to it. Tapering and withdrawal is a long, drawn out process due to the drug's iherent potency and uncommonly long clinical action.

Let us know if you have any specific questions.