Votes: 4 50.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2oclockbeanfiend.2

Bluelighter
WACK. Just got home from seeing this. Wasn't expecting much, but somehow it was even worse than I thought it would be.

BUT. Terminator Salvation (I think thats whats its called) looks pretty dope. Bale as John Connor should be good. Another movie, I forget the title at the moment, that looks REALLY good is starring Denzel & Travolta (and I think I saw John Turturro's name in the credits.) Both of those trailers looked dope, especially the Denzel/Travolta. Another film I knew nothing about was Public Enemies starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. I just saw the poster, not the trailer, but that shit looks raw as hell.

Anyway, merge if there's already a thread about Knowing. Peace.

alex proyas did pretty good jobs on crow, dark city and garage days, but his "i, robot" was very forgettable and the trailer to this doesn't look that good.

i can't stop seeing cage's hair as an eagle in it.

^ HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! His hair was indeed out of control in this movie.

SPX-004227.jpg

Has Nick Cage completely and totally written off ever doing a good movie again? 8(8(

Its not a bad movie, just Cage isn't that guy. They could have gotten anyone for it, besides Cage and it would have been tremendously better. Harrison Ford would've been good imho.

There was a quite a few laughable scenes where the over-acting was noticable. And Cage reprising his role in Leaving Las Vegas was disappointing.

And where was the supporting cast? nowhere :(

Great heavy special effects, nice idea, just a really bad cast.

The movie wasnt bad, but the ending ruined it...
yep
easy and flawed way out

but still, i had a good surprise with this movie

partly because i went to see it out of despair, certain that it would be horrible
the "you and me forever" in the trailer was enough to decide me not to go see it, but i really didn't want to stay at home tonight and there was nothing else to see

yet, i first had a good surprise when i realized that proyas was the director
and then, the movie did it well for me.

until quickly enough, it started to feel like religious propaganda
so i came out with mixed feelings

but thinking about it, be it either a science fiction movie with aliens or a religious movie with angels, there are some many non sequiturs (going both ways you can't think 2 seconds without falling into a loophole), that i decided to take any potential metaphysical idea out of the equation and only look at it as an entertainment movie

and well, it works. the pace is good, the effects too. the mystery holds on good... until the end
idealy, people should go see it and leave 5 minutes before the end, so they don't get disappointed

although, they still do need to know that there's something absolutely awesome and unique about the end :

NSFW:
the whole world dies!

how awesome is that that a hollywood movie made the hero and 6 billion human beings die at the end
yes, yes, yes!
they finally did it!
damn! i did fear for a while that some divine intervention would save everyone like in "the day that the earth stood still"

but damn! hooray for the "end of the world" which finally made it for real without being prevented by whatever

Its not a bad movie, just Cage isn't that guy. They could have gotten anyone for it, besides Cage and it would have been tremendously better. Harrison Ford would've been good imho.

There was a quite a few laughable scenes where the over-acting was noticable. And Cage reprising his role in Leaving Las Vegas was disappointing.

And where was the supporting cast? nowhere :(

Great heavy special effects, nice idea, just a really bad cast.
Pretty much my thoughts.

In principle, it wasn't a bad idea for a movie. The tension is held quite well as the "whispering people" drop in and out of the scenes and the predictions come true. In fact, it kinda gave me the creeps somewhat... until the ending, which was absolutely awful. It was dreadful. I honestly couldn't think of a worse ending. Although the SFX throughout the film were some of the best I've ever seen.

Critics often talk about a performance being "stale", but I never really saw it properly defined until I saw Nicholas Cage in this film. He was drab, uninspired and delivered some of the worst lines I've ever seen uttered on camera. Stale is probably being kind. His delivery was damn-near caked in mould and riddled with maggots. I guess the casting agents were thinking that they'd get somebody "kooky", somebody slightly "off-kilter" to compliment the film's mystery... only they caught Cage about two decades too late. Those people should be fired.

The child actor was annoying. The supporting female (whoever she is) was crap and unbeliveable. The only enjoyable part was watching the planet being blown to pieces and everyone dying for their sin of allowing this film to be made.

Gash.