Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Film: A Serious Man

great movie. pretty sure i got this one all figured out. feels relevant. they all do as of late.
If you're feeling confident about it you should post an NSFW'd interpretation. I wish there was more film analysis and discussion of symbolism in this forum, especially since the "skewed" perspectives of drug users sometime pick up on overlooked things. Of course, drug using while posting doesn't lend itself to coherent analyses that draw from numerous sources of intra/intertextual evidence, and I assume said use goes far in accounting for the lack of these discussions. But that's all the more reason to write it sober and read the responses high! If nobody seems to give a shit you can always delete it and post it somewhere where you think people might. (I don't mean to lean on you personally with this.)

I've been meaning to re-watch this one. The motivation I had to secure a copy I can watch at any time has proven itself to be much stronger than my motivation to watch it. My feelings about its darker themes and portrayals are like those I hold toward Synecdoche, New York, though less intense. As much as I enjoyed these films the first time through, now that I know what I'm in for I need to be in exactly the right state of mind if I'm to both come away with something new and enjoy them on some meaningful level. You can only watch such films for the second time once.

when you re-watch, you'll get the joke.

also, i am quite sure you, i, and many others have large blocks of unread analysis in this forum. i'd love to see the film threads revived, as opposed to one of my all-time favorite bluelight threads "tell us about the last film..." becoming entirely dominant. as film-specific threads promote focused discussion. that said, i have reason for choosing a quick joke over a mini-essay in my response to this film's theme and subject.

Last edited:
when you re-watch, you'll get the joke.

also, i am quite sure you, i, and many others have large blocks of unread analysis in this forum. i'd love to see the film threads revived, as opposed to one of my all-time favorite bluelight threads "tell us about the last film..." becoming entirely dominant. as film-specific threads promote focused discussion. that said, i have reason for choosing a quick joke over a mini-essay in my response to this film's theme and subject.
Ahh ... I see. It was a combination of curiosity because it didn't seem like something you'd say and seeing an opportunity to voice my grievances by asking about it that made me post. Yeah, most of the action is definitely in "last film" thread. It's like making a thread about an album in Non-Electronic Music Discussion -- it's too focused and formal an approach to push the buttons that make most Bluelighters post. I don't think film analyses in here go mostly unread, just that those who can respond are too fucked up when they read them to confidently reply (rarely stops me though!) and the rest are lurkers. (Going by page views and what I've read about our annual "unique visitor" numbers Bluelight's lurker-to-active-registered-user ratio must be extremely low even relative to the tiny figure for most forums.)

Last edited: