• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Fifty Shades Darker

Shale

Bluelighter
Fifty Shades Darker
Movie Blurb by Shale
February 11, 2017

hqdefault-2-.jpg

This movie is the sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey, which came out in Feb 13, 2015 even closer to Valentine's Day. This movie is based on novels by E. L. James, a woman and they were bestsellers among mostly female readers. A thot hit me while watching this movie and when I looked at my previous blurb, it was the same back then"

"While watching this movie (of which I was not the targeted audience) it reminded me of another series of movies designed for another demografic that I also enjoyed - the Twilight series. In fact, I am not alone in this observation as several other reviewers mentioned it and even the setting is in Seattle Washington. While watching the close-ups of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) and Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) and the dialogue of them being from such different backgrounds and even him trying to push her away while craving her so much, I thot of scenes in Twilight between Edward and Bella. I guess we can think of it as Twilight for adult women."

While the first movie got only a 27% Fresh from the aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes, this one only got 10%. But 68% of audiences liked it and all its flaws are academic failings that critics are attuned to and do not take away anything of its entertainment value among those of us who like romantic stories onscreen. So, there isn't much more to say about this movie because those of us who liked the first one and are into this kind of entertainment are going to go see it, despite what the critics say.

The story picks up where Ana and Christian have parted ways and she is a bit miffed still but he misses her and convinces her to give him another chance. He is going thru changes from his obsession with being a dominant and tells her she does not have to be a submissive. However, they still have passionate sex - often - and this is beautifully and sensually portrayed on screen. Even getting into some "kinky fuckery," as Ana puts it with light bondage and a little spanking to please her man. (and please herself with a totally turned on man, I'm sure).

Christian & Anna Kiss
Dakota-Johnson-and-Jamie-Dornan-in-the-Focus-Features-new-film-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey.jpg

Christian Grey Workout
Jamie-Dornan-Hints-He-Goes-Full-Frontal-In-Fifty-Shades-Darker.jpg

Christian & Anna Shower
fifty-shades-darker-trailer-2-01.jpg

All the characters from the original movie resume their roles here with the addition of a couple of troublesome ppl, like Ana's boss at the publishing house, editor Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson) who makes some pushy passes at her as seen in the trailers. Also, we see Elena (Kim Basinger) the older woman and business partner Christian mentioned was his dom when he was younger and whom Ana called "Mrs. Robinson." Oh, and as seen in the trailers there's a troubled young submissive, Leila (Bella Heathcote) from Christian's past who shows up.

The movie is set up for another sequel, Fifty Shades Freed, which was shot simultaneously with this one and will be released next February. I'll have gotten the DVD for this one by then and will re-watch the first two before hitting the theater.

leaving-now.gif

You...you LIKED this m8vie? Enough to buy the DVD when it c8mes out? I don't think I can read your reviews anym8re.