• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Few Tramadol questions

Ultratramsguy

Greenlighter
I’m new to trams and have rarely taken opiates. I was thinking about taking 150 mg for the first time. Should I pop, or crush and mix with water? How long does the high last? Will I get the infamous Tramadol hangover on my first time? Will my chance of seizure go up if I crush, even though it’s under the seizure threshold? Thanks

If the pills are immediate release type then crushing them won't do much except maybe cause them to kick in slightly, probably imperceptibly, quicker. Most pills dissolve pretty quickly on relatively empty stomach.

If they are ER type (extended release) then crushing may cause them to dissolve much quicker but this would depend on what type of ER method the pill manufacturer used (I'm unfamiliar with ER tramadol pills).

150mg is considered under the normal seizure threshold but this doesn't mean you cannot have a seizure from less. Some people are more prone than others. IE Some people have had seizures from regular 50mg doses... It's fairly rare but it does happen.

A hangover is possible. It's impossible to say whether you'll get one from 150mg, probably not but again it's impossible to say. Personally I only got hangovers when I took more than 250mg in a night.

I don't remember tramadol's exact length of action but I believe you'll feel effects for like 4-6 hours (assuming immediate release) with some minor after effects for a few more. The peak will probably be between hour 1 and hour 3.

If this is one pill containing 150mg I would suggest that you crush it up because it is probably extended release. I think tramadol usually lasts an opiate niave person about four and a half hours, although I've never taken it, and I'm not opiate naive, but a mate of mine used to cane them daily, he never had a seizure until he hit 500mg. Your chance of seizure won't go up just from crushing the pills. As long as you take them on an empty stomach, dissolving them in water will probably only make them kick in about 10 minutes faster.

Edit: HE HAD A TOLERANCE DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 300MG AND EXPECT NOT TO HAVE A SEIZURE!!!!

Last edited:
Hi there OP and from all of us here at the forums, Welcome to Bluelight! We're always happy to have new members. If you're curious about your specific variety of Tramadol, you should be able to easily discern whether they are controlled-release or not by Googling the imprint on the pill. We don't do pill-identification as a primary function on Bluelight, but it you are seriously desperate, I have no problem with reading the imprint and providing you with this information, as it could be important.

At any rate though, by crushing these pills, they are going to be made effectively into an instant-release product. With this information in mind, you just don't want to exceed 300mg in a sitting. You could use less or use more, but this is the generally recognized threshold in which the risk of seizures becomes much more pronounced. Given the fact that you are fairly naive to Opioids, I think a starting dose of 150mg should be ample. If you decide you would like to escalate the dosage, you could do so after about an hour, but still, don't exceed the 300mg mark.