• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Few quick questions about GBL/Butanediol

Factualist

Bluelighter
I know they're both pro-drugs for GHB but I was wondering if there are any subjective differences between the two or anything else I should consider in choosing one over the other.

Also, I take buproprion which is a very strong CYP2D3 inhibitor and I'm fairly confident that I'll have no problem taking either of these as they're metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase, but I figured I would try to confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'll have no problems with either of these.

Additionally, any personal experiences with either drug would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A thread on the differences of the two: /ghb-vs-gbl-vs-1-4-butanediol

Below is a written & visual description of the metabolism of both. CYP2D3 does not play a role. The Welbutrin might reduce some of the GHB effect slightly, but not significantly.

The bulk of the dose of GHB administered (95-98 % ) undergoes hepatic metabolism by a series of enzymatic pathways (Fig. 11). A major route of metabolism is oxidation by GHB dehydrogenase to give succinic semialdehyde, by which further oxidation is converted into succinic acid, entering the intermediary metabolism and via the Krebs cycle transformed into end-products carbon dioxide and water.

The biosynthesis and metabolism of GHB is also closely linked to GABA metabolism and GHB can be considered both a metabolite and a precursor of GABA. The amino acid glutamate passes the blood-brain barrier and is decarboxylated to produce GABA. Metabolism of GABA is accomplished by an aminotransferase enzyme to give succinic semialdehyde, which can either become oxidized to give succinic acid or alternatively reduced to form GHB.

the terminal plasma elimination half-life for GHB in humans ranges from 30-50 min. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4462042/

For what is worth, my preference is definitely GBL over 1,4B. Feels closer to GHB, Similar push. For memory though 1,4B acts slightly quicker.

If you have access to both, i would seek GBL and convert to GHB as its simple to do and GHB is the most euphoric

I just recently went on a month long binge on 1,4 BDO and towards the end of it I was getting these chest pains that we're very concerning. And the heartburn issues i already deal with got completely out of control. The high during the first week was great but it had diminishing returns and towards the end I really regret this.

I'd go for the GBL if I was you Because I have a lot of friends who used that for a long time and were fine. Id read in another thread about someone getting these sores in their mouth after swallowing undiluted 1,4 BDO and at first i was skeptical but after what I went through now I whole heartedly believe it.

I'd still try GHB/GBL a few times if it came my way, but IMO the 1,4 BDO isn't a viable alternative. But I'm no chemist and can only speakbased upon what happened to me personally.

Thanks for the info guys! I think I'm going to go with GBL and try to convert some of it to GHB and just take some of it and compare. Now the problem is getting some without ending up on The List. I can find some without too much difficulty I think, and it'll be a great chance to get my feet wet as far as synths go, after taking a few chem classes. So far my only experience is doing extractions on plants like San Pedro and Mimosa.