• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Few questions on Kratom for heroin withdrawal

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello, I know that this may have been posted before, but I'd like to get some opinions from people who have done this successfully. I relapsed at the start of November, and have been using daily since then - I can get by on just .2 a day, but often take more to actually get a good high. I have a strong desire to quit heroin, but my willpower rapidly fades day 2-3 when the withdrawals ramp up, and I really would like to make the process as painless as possible, but having never used Kratom before, I have a few questions.

1. What strain is the best for heroin withdrawals? If there is no single best, what's the consensus on which ones are better and which worse?

2. What method of ingestion would you guys recommend?

3. What dose would you suggest in my situation?

4. How long should I use it for, in your opinions? I was thinking dosing as low as possible to get by just for the 4 days of withdrawal and then tapering really quickly, hoping to use Kratom for no longer than a week or so.

5. I have gabapentin and diazapam available to me as well - are these okay to use with Kratom? I will primarily be using these once I've finished with the Kratom to help ease the transition to sobriety, but may take either or both n top of the kratom, especially on the roughest days of withdrawal.

I would REALLY appreciate hearing your advice & opinions, as i'm planning on ordering the Kratom tomorrow. Bluelight has never let me down before, and I'm sure there's some informed people here who could help me. Thanks for reading!

1. Because heroin is such a strong opioid, i would advise a red vein Maeng Da strain. I also like to mix my red vein with a malaysian green vein for energy purposes, but thats up to you.
2. Pour powder into half-full bottle of water, shake until distributed, drink ON A COMPLETELY EMPTY STOMACH
3. To get past withdrawals, start with 4g, and work your way up from there. 4g most likely wont do it, but who knows.
4. Use the kratom as needed throughout the day, preferably less than 3 times a day. And if you want to avoid kratom withdrawals, I think tapering after a week would do you well.
5. Yes you can use both with kratom, and youll probably want to, but try the kratom by itself first. And keep the dosages of benzos low (I know gabapentin isnt technically a benzo, but still the same advice)

Best of luck to you my friend, you seem like youre ready to succeed.

1) Red Vien Meang da is my prefference, red vien's are more opiating which is what you want! White vien more stimulating, avoid.
2) and 3)
I'll tell you what I do:
a) Buy a bottle of cheap capsule supplements ie; valerian root, or garlic, or ginger root. Anything that has ~120 capsules for under $5
b) Open supplement bottle and empty capsule contents and dispose.
c) Pour kratom powder onto paper folded "hot-dog style"
d) Acquire thumbtack and pack empty capsules - using the back of the thumbtack - with kratom powder.

Note: I can usually get over 1.2 grams to fit in two (2) empty capsules. The thumbtack is perfect for packing capsules!
take 1.5g-3.5g of good kratom 3-4X daily to attenuate opiate-withdrawal-symptoms.

4) use it for 2-weeks, slowly weaning off

5) take gaba and diaz with kratom for ease of muscle pains, tension, and mood/anxiety

THEIR YOU GO

^what HeadHigh said about the kratom. good advice.

furthermore, i would like to add that imodium (loperamide) helped me tremendously with my heroin withdrawal. it definitely didnt make me 100% good, but it definitely made me feel a little better to the point where i could get up and make myself food or step outside for some fresh air. do not take these for more than 3 days in a row.

a lot of people will argue this next one but i think it is crucial. BENZOS. the first thing i'd tell someone who is about to detox, is get some benzos. not only will time go by faster but they will obviously get rid of your anxiety completely. they will help you sleep, help you get your mind off dope, and help you relax. they are anti anxiety medications and you will have tremendous anxiety during heroin withdrawal.

just be very careful to not make it a habit though because as you know, PAWS is a bitch and you will be experiencing a lot of anxiety for the next few weeks or even months. personally, i am nearly 30 days clean from a 3 month relapse and some days i feel amazing while other days i will be extremely anxious. i either fight it as much as i can and try going along with my day, but if it's bad and interfering with my routine i pop a small dose of klonopin just to take the edge off.

I forgot to tell you! Buy grapefruit juice too, and drink ~z. before/during downing the pills. It will DOUBLE effects due to the grapefruit juice actions on liver-enzymes. I never take kratom without GFJ

(grapefruit juice increases the potency + half-life of valium buy a total avg. of 2.5 TIMES)

Last time I went off everything for a while I used Kratom to help the transition. I had been on an opana binge and was railing around 60 mg a day for the last week before tapering for a week and then switching to Kratom. I also had zannys and lyrica to help the process.
The dosage will take some experimenting but starting at 4g and adjusting is good advice.
Mostly tho, I wanted to mention a way of taking it that I saw in a thread here a while back that no one ever mentions it. Take whatever amount of power your gonna take (let's say 8g) and put in a bowl. Then add just enough orange juice so that you can roll it into pill sized balls (whatever size u can swallow). Take what ya need and save the rest in the fridge. Note to weigh the leaf first as mixing the juice in will obviously effect the weight. I preferred this method to filling up capsules. Hope it helps and good luck.

Yo guys. I also have some questions regarding kratom. I've never tried it but would really like to keep some laying around at home in case shit hits the fan.

Does it normally come in leaf form? Or powderized? Besides drinking it, are their other ways people ingest it?

I'm very curious and would like to stock up before my state inevitably bans it like a bunch of pricks. Thanks!

Bigsammy, it can come in whole leaf form or powderized, but you will most likely see it in its powder form, since that is the most common.

Also, you can put the powder into gel caps, but its a bit difficult. You can also make tea out of it, which i know is still drinking it, but you can make the tea taste good whereas the toss and wash is a bit bland when it comes to taste.

Also, just as common advice, never buy from a headshop. Find a reliable vendor online

Bigsammy, it can come in whole leaf form or powderized, but you will most likely see it in its powder form, since that is the most common.

Also, you can put the powder into gel caps, but its a bit difficult. You can also make tea out of it, which i know is still drinking it, but you can make the tea taste good whereas the toss and wash is a bit bland when it comes to taste.

Also, just as common advice, never buy from a headshop. Find a reliable vendor online

Cool thanks for the info! I was definitely planning on ordering it online from one of the more reputable vendors I've heard about. Also, any idea what they mean when they say the leaf is "de-veined"?