• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl

FairyOblivion

Greenlighter
Hi peeps, I just wanted to ask if fentanyl patches can be prepped for IV injection.
I've cut a very small square out of 16.8mg fent patch and I want to try this.
Do I need to just soak it in sterile water on the spoon or add heat?
I know I'm taking my life in my hands, but I've just been cut off from 120ml methadone daily. I'm in agony.
Any advice would be appreciated

Man I. Don't know how far u on dis but plz don't post here and die.
My best and I'm naked. Lol
Get at me?

You don't know how much fent is in these patches, they contain more than the specified amount in mg/hr and even oral/sublingual use is dangerous afaik.

You don't know how much fent is in these patches, they contain more than the specified amount in mg/hr and even oral/sublingual use is dangerous afaik.
Pharmaceutical fentanyl patches are made in such a way that they release µg per hour, which is micrograms that can be converted into milligrams… so if you have a 100 µg/h patch that works for three days, it’s 100 µg per hour for three days so you go 100 µg x 24h ×3 days, and that’s the total amount of fentanyl. So a 100µg/hour patch has 7200µg total which is 7.2 mgs in each patch…which most can be released instantly if chewed for 30min +…be very careful. They also make fentanyl citrate instant release lozenges called oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate (brand name Actiq in Canada)…they come in instant release dose strengths (200, 400, 600, 800, 1,200 and 1,600 µg. Should be used with caution and under supervision

Last edited:
Pharmaceutical fentanyl patches are made in such a way that they release µg per hour, which is micrograms that can be converted into milligrams… so if you have a 100 µg/h patch that works for three days, it’s 100 µg per hour for three days so you go 100 µg x 24h ×3 days, and that’s the total amount of fentanyl. So a 100µg/hour patch has 7200µg total which is 7.2 mgs in each patch…which most can be released instantly if chewed for 30min +…be very careful. They also make fentanyl citrate instant release lozenges called oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate (brand name Actiq in Canada)…they come in instant release dose strengths (200, 400, 600, 800, 1,200 and 1,600 µg. Should be used with caution and under supervision
And we’re talking micrograms not milligrams people. Boiling down a patch to extract most of the fentanyl will kill you at that rate… That’s already a large dose per hour and taking a three day patch all at once is a death sentence. Even 100 Micrograms is enough to kill someone who is opiate naïve

Ok in English, how are fentanyl patches made if I were to walk in the lab in simplest terms

Hi peeps, I just wanted to ask if fentanyl patches can be prepped for IV injection.
I've cut a very small square out of 16.8mg fent patch and I want to try this.
Do I need to just soak it in sterile water on the spoon or add heat?
I know I'm taking my life in my hands, but I've just been cut off from 120ml methadone daily. I'm in agony.
Any advice would be appreciated
pm me