• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Fentanyl withdrawals suboxone and sebutex

Bsandri87

Greenlighter
Someone I care about started smoking street fentanyl about 3 weeks ago. She is trying to quit and is on day 5 but is still going through major withdrawals. She started taking suboxone which threw her into severe withdrawals and then the next day tried to take sebutex but then that made it worse. She is going through hell right now and I’m trying to seek advice on what to do, should she keep taking sebutex since that’s the last one she used or go back to suboxone? I feel like the swicthing is making her start all over, am I wrong?Also how much longer is she going to go through this before the worst is over? I just can’t imagine it would last much longer since she was only using for 3 weeks

It really shouldn't last much more than 5 days. It depends on how much they've been using and if she/I suspect you (don't worry, we won't judge) has been addicted before.

What's the purpose of taking the subutex? It's notoriously difficult to induce buprenorphine after taking fentanyl, so it may not be worth bothering with the bupe unless you're gonna take if for maintenance.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

It really shouldn't last much more than 5 days. It depends on how much they've been using and if she/I suspect you (don't worry, we won't judge) has been addicted before.

What's the purpose of taking the subutex? It's notoriously difficult to induce buprenorphine after taking fentanyl, so it may not be worth bothering with the bupe unless you're gonna take if for maintenance.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
Hi thank you for the response. It’s actually my girlfriend, I’m also trying to quit but am on methadone. Anyway she she started to go into withdrawals which is why she took the sebutex. She thought it would help her through it. At this point should she not take either the sebutex or suboxone? I fear that it will just make things worse and/or restart the withdrawals

Has it been 5 days since she had any fent? I've never had fent to my knowledge (UK) but have inducted subutex from H a lot.

Does she get the subs prescribed or is she just taking it to help the withdrawal process go smoother?

If it's the latter, she should just ride it out as the subs will just prolong things.
If she's wanting to get on sub maintenance then she shouuuulllddd be ok after not using fent 5; days but not certain.

Has it been 5 days since she had any fent? I've never had fent to my knowledge (UK) but have inducted subutex from H a lot.

Does she get the subs prescribed or is she just taking it to help the withdrawal process go smoother?

If it's the latter, she should just ride it out as the subs will just prolong things.
If she's wanting to get on sub maintenance then she shouuuulllddd be ok after not using fent 5; days but not certain.
Yes Friday was the last time she used fent. The subs she got to help things go smooth but it’s definitely not working. Not yet anyways. I’m just wanting her to be done with these withdrawals. Because like I said, she only used for 2-3 weeks and I just can’t see how it could last much longer

Yeah, if she wants to be done with the rattle then forget subutex and get pregabalin and loperamide and benzos/z-drugs. My opinion anyway. And obviously she needs to be careful about going overboard on these drugs too.
Personally I would take 300-600mg pregabalin, 8mg loperamide and 30-40mg valium to feel better when in really shitty withdrawal.

Yeah, if she wants to be done with the rattle then forget subutex and get pregabalin and loperamide and benzos/z-drugs. My opinion anyway. And obviously she needs to be careful about going overboard on these drugs too.
Personally I would take 300-600mg pregabalin, 8mg loperamide and 30-40mg valium to feel better when in really shitty withdrawal.
Thank you for your input. I will see what I can do as far as those other drugs. And I’ll also have her discontinue the sebutex

yeah so i just got out of the hospital about 6hours ago lemme tell i was using fetty for like 6months after being sober for like 3-4years , and managed a suboxone script , anyway your suppose to take subs when your in mild to moderate withdrawal being your already vomitting and shitting yourself , like i was...even though i waited 2 and a half days no use no sickness i think fetty has a longer half life when you use it more often , anyway i took my 1st dose 2 days ago 8mg subs , and went into worst withdrawal of my life i mean of my life , your friend will need atleast the 12 to 24 hours of waiting it out , no matter how much you take like it took 4 more doses at hospital and being thrown into withdrawal 4 more times wtf right , at the 5th dose in the 24 hour mark roughly i didnt get sick and felt horrible but normal ...so i would just call ambulance like i did and go to hospjtal where they have anti nausea medicine which is the shit i think its called zefron or zac efron or whatever....lol...but yeah fuck subs methadone is the way....anyway my actual question is that i want to quit subs immediately to go on methadone...i heard you can smoke fetty or H or whatever opiate of choice and you wont feel high but you wont feel sick just DONT take subs after all that keep using until you can feel high again then go on methadone is the plan fuck this....plus subs taste like stomach bile

Someone I care about started smoking street fentanyl about 3 weeks ago. She is trying to quit and is on day 5 but is still going through major withdrawals. She started taking suboxone which threw her into severe withdrawals and then the next day tried to take sebutex but then that made it worse. She is going through hell right now and I’m trying to seek advice on what to do, should she keep taking sebutex since that’s the last one she used or go back to suboxone? I feel like the swicthing is making her start all over, am I wrong?Also how much longer is she going to go through this before the worst is over? I just can’t imagine it would last much longer since she was only using for 3 weeks
Tell her to drop the subs and take Kratom that would help so much more and she wouldn’t be sick at all