• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl What's The Deal?

DonStatus

Bluelighter
So theoretically would someone who can tolerate 24-36mg of dilaudid be able to tolerate a 75mcg patch? What would be the best way to take it? Put it on,suck it, chew it?

Yeah 28-36 mg hydromorphone would equate to a 75mg patch, worn on the skin. I wouldnt chew or SL fent if you never have as it is rather dangerous and not all that euphoric.

You could cut them into strips to test your tolerance. I enjoy just wearing them transdermally at 75mcg, even after having been on methadone for a year. Just remember it's very easy to overdose on this drug because the amount you take to get high/and the ld50 is pretty close and there is no room for error.

Indeed. It's shocking how many people have died from it even in my city we had 17 overdoses last year alone from it. Seems that the risk is not worth the reward in this case. It's the one of the only substances that when you look it up everyones post starts with a warning of "it's dangerous"... I think I'll continue to do my research before doing anything stupid.

Good choice fents no joke and an important tool for woman in labor due to its short half life and duration od effect. Also as a potent pain reliever foe say a spinal nerve pinch that affects the groin making ones testies feel that they are in a vice grip always tightening 24 hour a day. I am talking about a real life case. Don't ruin fentanyl for those who need it and just save it until you can wear it as instructed the whole 72 hous without overdosing or else just don't use it and toss it so nobody hurts themselves with it.

I just got 25 mcg fent patches yesterday from my PM doc, put one on last night, hour later had a huge warm, fuzzy opiate buzz and my pain was way lower than it has been in years. I was shocked because I thought my tolerance was higher and was worried it wouldn't work so fent is some STRONG stuff. For reference my usual DOC to get relief and buzz is OC 80s.

Side question: why do directions on patch say no band aid cover, clear only?

proably so that medical professionals can see it so they don't make you od/they know to treat an od. ^^^

Indeed. It's shocking how many people have died from it even in my city we had 17 overdoses last year alone from it. Seems that the risk is not worth the reward in this case. It's the one of the only substances that when you look it up everyones post starts with a warning of "it's dangerous"... I think I'll continue to do my research before doing anything stupid.

Vancouver? We had (and are actually still having) an epidemic of fentanyl related deaths from those fake green OC 80's spiked with fentanyl instead of oxy.

If someone happens to enjoy fentanyl and they're very careful with it, that's all good...but IMO, since it's so high-risk, not that euphoric (as has already been said), so hard to find in many places compared to H or oxy, why bother with it when any other strong opiate will do the trick with the right dose?

Vancouver? We had (and are actually still having) an epidemic of fentanyl related deaths from those fake green OC 80's spiked with fentanyl instead of oxy.

If someone happens to enjoy fentanyl and they're very careful with it, that's all good...but IMO, since it's so high-risk, not that euphoric (as has already been said), so hard to find in many places compared to H or oxy, why bother with it when any other strong opiate will do the trick with the right dose?

Fent is euphoric for me and gives me energy like oxy, maybe my body chemistry is strange but even sex is WAY more intense (sorry if TMI, just my experience). I love it especially because I wake up without major pain like I did with pills, keeps the pain low all night and day and I don't have to worry about running out of pills, trying to score, etc. Just wear the patch for 3 days, put another on. I do have percs for break thru pain but am barely using them. Of course for recreational use I understand it may be hard to get, not worth it etc

Putting it on will last,longer but will not get you as loaded.I usually chew,on desired,amount orsublingually or buccally.but if u do choice,do that start small it can be very dangrouse.
It,really isnt,the,safest but it get me loaded.but like I said if u havent done,it start very small.
No one knows your tolerance but your self.

Montreal acctually. I've seen those fucking fake OC 80s first hand. Guess I got lucky because I never really got high from them, subs might have saved my ass.