• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl patch while on methadone

ItsameChristina

Greenlighter
My boyfriend got 3 50 mcg fentanyl patches today. They put on two because tomorrow they won't have a dose. He is on 215 methadone I am on 195. I am so jealous right now. I want that other patch but he utterly refuses to give it to me, even though I'm his girlfriend.
I'm trying to make myself feel better by thinking I wouldn't feel anything anyway because of the years of methadone in my system even if I skipped one day. But I am going insane with jealousy.
Would it be a waste if I managed to get a way to pay him for the patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
How would having a patch affect the time and effort you are putting in on methadone, which I assume is to kick a heroin habit?

Why does he have the patches? Medicinal or recreational?

Those fentanyl patches are highly overrated ime. If you're on 195mg of methadone daily, you wouldn't feel the patch, even two, because the fent is released into your system very slowly. They will help with pain, and you need something powerful (like fent) to give pain relief with that huge amount of methadone in your system. Unless you need the patch for pain relief, you aren't missing out with the fent. Even if you weren't on methadone, a 50mcg/hour fent patch is weak imo, unless maybe if you had a low opie tolerance (and, being on 195mg of methadone daily, your tolerance is huge). If he's in real pain and you aren't, I wouldn't begrudge him the meds he needs in the amounts he needs, even amounts way more than what he needs. I'm a lifelong chronic pain patient and my girlfriend doesn't have chronic pain. After we both got off heroin, she had a period of being mad that I'm prescribed roxy. She'd get huffy unless I gave her some of my already inadequate roxy dose. Now, she feels bad that she would get mad at me and feels like it's fucked up that she pestered me for and happily ate my roxys that I actually need, just so that she can get a recreational high. When she had a gallstone flare up, I happily gave her some of my roxys, putting myself in extra pain and some degree of WDs (because I love her dearly and, when she hurts, it hurts me. I would rather me be in pain than even think of her being in any kind of discomfort). If you think about it, that's being kinda shitty towards someone you're supposed to love. If he's in real pain and needs opioid pain meds, would you really want him to give you some of a needed med and go thru extra pain and suffering, just so you can get a buzz? I'm assuming that, being a couple, you care for each other.

I'm closing this because there's really no Harm Reduction value. I know this can be a little confusing for new members like yourself OP, but we actually are not here primarily to help people get higher and higher. Our primary purpose and what we want our reputation to be predicated upon, is helping people use drugs ion a manner that is safe and responsible. If you ever have a question directly related to your safety, we'd be happy to help. If you're just looking to get high, it's really going to be up to you how you go about doing that.

I'll help you out a little bit here though. Given your relatively high level of Methadone, I find it unlikely that you would be able to get any kind of buzz from those patches, even if you cooked down all three and shot them simultaneously. It's shitty in some ways, but that's Methadone doing exactly what it's supposed to do in a maintenance setting. Most people will require significantly higher dosages of Opioids to achieve analgesia.

They're a waste of your time in my opinion. Closed.