• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Patch , w/da and my double amputation

EastCoast

Bluelighter
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]So I got in a terrible accident where a car hit me on side of road , at this time I was clean but only going on. Day 3 and bam this happened to me . To save my life I agreed on double amp right Above Knee bi lateral.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]The problem is they had me on fent in ICU well actually a lot of it then they eventually switched me to dilaudid every 8 through a bag IV! Which didn't help pain and Some nurses would just give it Straight IV with a little hush hush ... cuz the pain in legs was crazy and because I'd also been addict my natural tolerance was not helping pain especially with 10 mg perc oral . So like an idiot but also because of pain I had ppl I know come by and help me with H , I know stupid but u guys maybe don't know what it's like to get double amp and have pain tolerance . Nothing helped but the H for pain but then before u know it I was switched cuz I complained if perc after IV were taken off I was given oral dilaudid only for break thru pain every 6 or 8 hours . And oral dilaudid is a waste .... I can't believe these ppl well I feel like from all the meds withdraw would of happened anyway but the H made it worst so I begged for fet patch and it's not really doing job .[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] But they started at 25/ug/hr so they will hopefully go to 50 and stay there and I just want pain and withdraw gone , fuck feeelings from opiates . My life has changed I need to start walking .....well last night since it takes a while for fet patch to start working it was 20 hours since last H and I started going thru it and I cut a piece off my already on patch and chewed on it and yes it helped , fell a sleep ....[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I need suggestions here . I know down the road I will work on getting off all of it but I NEEC pain management with high tol to start walking again which I'm pumped for . I was thinking of seeing if they would do oxymorphone for breakthru instead of wasted dilaudid . Or do u guys have any other . I just want no withdraw I hear latch is great for that . But so far not relief I expected . Legs still hurt but are a bit improved the problem is withdraw .... should I give the patch more time ?? It's MyLan btw brand [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

Hey EC, Have you had any improvement with the patches? This opioid crisis is taking a serious toll on everyone, including valid pain patients. There was an article about a new~ doesn't believe in opioids ~ VA doc that was assaulted after taking all his amputee patients off of opioids, I'll try to dig up the article.

Anyways keep us updated and we'll try and help to the best of our abilities.