• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl or Tranq?

Sickwidditt

Greenlighter
SWIMS has been an opiate use for roughly 8 or 9 years. On methadone for 5 of those years lower dose than what people typically take around 35mgs.

SWIMS has had some experience with Fentanyl but each time it's been a different experience. Some that was the color brown, pink, green, white (powder in glasine bags). ROA is IV. SWIMS noticed that certain batches would give them a pleasant rush followed by a very mild euphoria for several hours and some would have no rush at all followed by a lot of euphoria.

SWIMS started using fentanyl again after a 1 - 1.5 year break and seems like the only type of Fentanyl that they get is white powdered bags.
What SWIMS noticed about this stuff if they IV a very small amount. There is no rush whatsoever then BOOM they wake up 45 minutes later in different part of the house then where they started, although still feeling good and euphoric. Cant remember when they assed out, SWIMS has tried multiple batches from multiple places and it's the same result.

SWIMS has been hearing a lot about Tranq being cut into the stuff a lot more, I've no experience with tranq but I just wanted to know if that is a common symptom with it or is anyone else sharing the same experience that SWIMS is. It's a but frustrating because there is no in between, tried the tiniest amount to try and avoid blacking out and just feel completely nothing. Anything more than that then SWIMS has 2 minutes to find a place to sit down before its curtains.

Hey @Sickwidditt Welcome to the forums. I can see you're old-school. We don't use SWIM here anymore. Things aren't really anonymous unless people want them to be. A lot of my friends on here know where I live and what I do for work. There's not really any known danger in the current climate in posting online about your drug use. It's been that way for almost a decade, but the rapid adoption of "Good Samaritan" laws across the country, I believe, was a major indication of an about face in many ways. At any rate, just use personal pronouns going forward, as that's easier for people to read.

What you're describing is a major problem for the drug-using/harm reduction community and of course, society in general. More and more we are discussing the fact that drugs are cross-contaminated. Fentanyl test strips are basically useless at this point, as more and more different Opioids are seen on the street. The -nitazenes are getting really big right now. Just as dangerous as Fentanyl in many ways. For our purposes, we can really only go with what we know. We know that Heroin/Dope/Down sold in the United States is most likely Fentanyl or another powerful Opioid. That is literally all we know.

These drugs could contain Benzodiazepines, Thienodiazepines, anesthetic drugs like Xylazine and I'm sure more and more to come. We have very little we can do for people who are out there using street Opioids. They used to say to my generation using Heroin, "that shot could be your last" and of course, people did die, but it's nothing like now. I read stories on a regular basis of people dying from vaporizing/smoking their drugs and they're found dead holding the foil with the lighter and foil in hand and the straw still in their mouth.

You roll the dice every time you use it man. I advise you to do your best to use in groups, always carry Narcan and don't ever be afraid to call the cops. If you hesitate, that could be the difference between life and death. If you have an inkling of something wrong, dial 911. Even with diligent practice of these principles, it's still literally a crap shoot. We have no way of identifying the drugs.

Hey @Sickwidditt Welcome to the forums. I can see you're old-school. We don't use SWIM here anymore. Things aren't really anonymous unless people want them to be. A lot of my friends on here know where I live and what I do for work. There's not really any known danger in the current climate in posting online about your drug use. It's been that way for almost a decade, but the rapid adoption of "Good Samaritan" laws across the country, I believe, was a major indication of an about face in many ways. At any rate, just use personal pronouns going forward, as that's easier for people to read.

What you're describing is a major problem for the drug-using/harm reduction community and of course, society in general. More and more we are discussing the fact that drugs are cross-contaminated. Fentanyl test strips are basically useless at this point, as more and more different Opioids are seen on the street. The -nitazenes are getting really big right now. Just as dangerous as Fentanyl in many ways. For our purposes, we can really only go with what we know. We know that Heroin/Dope/Down sold in the United States is most likely Fentanyl or another powerful Opioid. That is literally all we know.

These drugs could contain Benzodiazepines, Thienodiazepines, anesthetic drugs like Xylazine and I'm sure more and more to come. We have very little we can do for people who are out there using street Opioids. They used to say to my generation using Heroin, "that shot could be your last" and of course, people did die, but it's nothing like now. I read stories on a regular basis of people dying from vaporizing/smoking their drugs and they're found dead holding the foil with the lighter and foil in hand and the straw still in their mouth.

You roll the dice every time you use it man. I advise you to do your best to use in groups, always carry Narcan and don't ever be afraid to call the cops. If you hesitate, that could be the difference between life and death. If you have an inkling of something wrong, dial 911. Even with diligent practice of these principles, it's still literally a crap shoot. We have no way of identifying the drugs.
I remember seeing people use swim in the drugs forum back in the day 💀

Didn't know they did that here too

Holly crap that took me way back

I'm looking for anyone that knows what fentanyl might be cut with? Based upon the color and taste the powder melts to when smoking it. Most likely on foil. Although you can use a bubble like you do for meth. My current batch will burn slightly yellow like I'd prefer but then goes dark when dries. Like a greenish color. It has a strange taste that I don't normally receive from other batches I've used.

SWIMS has been an opiate use for roughly 8 or 9 years. On methadone for 5 of those years lower dose than what people typically take around 35mgs.

SWIMS has had some experience with Fentanyl but each time it's been a different experience. Some that was the color brown, pink, green, white (powder in glasine bags). ROA is IV. SWIMS noticed that certain batches would give them a pleasant rush followed by a very mild euphoria for several hours and some would have no rush at all followed by a lot of euphoria.

SWIMS started using fentanyl again after a 1 - 1.5 year break and seems like the only type of Fentanyl that they get is white powdered bags.
What SWIMS noticed about this stuff if they IV a very small amount. There is no rush whatsoever then BOOM they wake up 45 minutes later in different part of the house then where they started, although still feeling good and euphoric. Cant remember when they assed out, SWIMS has tried multiple batches from multiple places and it's the same result.

SWIMS has been hearing a lot about Tranq being cut into the stuff a lot more, I've no experience with tranq but I just wanted to know if that is a common symptom with it or is anyone else sharing the same experience that SWIMS is. It's a but frustrating because there is no in between, tried the tiniest amount to try and avoid blacking out and just feel completely nothing. Anything more than that then SWIMS has 2 minutes to find a place to sit down before its curtains.
Fentanyl is soluble in methanol, so you could dissolve it in methanol and whatever left behind is not fentanyl you can throw that away. You have to use pure methanol without water or else the water will dissolve things and you won't know.

It's sparingly soluble in chloroform, you could dissolve it in a lot of that, a lot being relative, whatever's left behind is not fentanyl, you can throw that away.

Fentanyl is slightly soluble in ether, so you could dissolve it in a bunch of that, whatever is left is not fentanyl you can throw that away.

Could there be things that have the same solubility profile as fentanyl, possibly. But at least you're cleaning it up.

I’m a year sober now, I’m glad i stopped before fentanyl took over. But it is sad. I was like a heroin connoisseur 😅😂 and I have nothing against people who use fentanyl and stuff but it is sad how it’s messed up almost all drug use these days. It’s also sad because fentanyl is so strong kind of like the original post said,you nod so hard you kind of don’t always really get to enjoy your drug your nodding out so much and so hardcore. Some don’t even remember their high and as we all know some people try it once and die. It’s just sad all around and sad for recreational drug use in general. Forgive my rambling rant ha.
Good advice 👍

Fentanyl is soluble in methanol, so you could dissolve it in methanol and whatever left behind is not fentanyl you can throw that away. You have to use pure methanol without water or else the water will dissolve things and you won't know.

It's sparingly soluble in chloroform, you could dissolve it in a lot of that, a lot being relative, whatever's left behind is not fentanyl, you can throw that away.

Fentanyl is slightly soluble in ether, so you could dissolve it in a bunch of that, whatever is left is not fentanyl you can throw that away.

Could there be things that have the same solubility profile as fentanyl, possibly. But at least you're cleaning it up.
How hard is methanol to get a hold of? I have been having to base strength and cut under uv light. I am under the impression that it shows up green. Then I was looking up through the web and there wasn't much info, and saw in a research that flower shows up orange under UV. Now I thought that heroin showed up Orange. So I am not sure what to think.

Also I recently got a batch that is chalky, and when burned turns gellish green/black. I can roll the gellish mess up in a ball in my fingers. I'd love to get whatever the hell it is outta there, it tastes reminiscent of coke, could it be inositol or something

I think HEET is a good option, correct me if I'm wrong, but SDS says 100%
Pretty sure there is a non toxic bittering agent at very small %, I learned this because I used an iso HEET bottle, rinsed it with everclear and then i put a 2C-B ethanol solution in drove across the country got to new place and took a dose. Tasted god awful. I eventually found the SDS and it was like .1% of a non toxic and propriety bittering agent. Im looking now though, and I do not see it listed.

sounds like rumpun(xylazine)in it.avoid
I just spoke to my drug dealer today about how the shit is different and I feel angry and irritable after using it. But the worst thing was last night, I took a shot and started hallucinating. Wasn't sure why so I figured let me take another shot. I had just recovered from what felt like a bad scary acid trip and as soon as I took the 2nd shop, I went right back into that acid trip for hours. So yeah I told my drug dealer about this reaction and he was like "it's hit or miss.. EVERYTHING had xylosine in it" (he called it tranq)....anyways my desire to use this shit went right out the window....

I've never heard of that stuff before. But I often suspected something was in my street bought fent that was making it so I wasn't going into withdrawal for days. When I bought fent (or one of its analogues) online it would only take a couple hours. I actually didn't really like this. I smoked it for the rush. And when it was gone I would just want to get back onto suboxone as soon as possible. Sometimes I'm after waiting 36 hours and being like ??? Why don't I feel like shit yet? I felt like I was on something, but not fentanyl. Maybe this was the reason.

I've never heard of that stuff before. But I often suspected something was in my street bought fent that was making it so I wasn't going into withdrawal for days. When I bought fent (or one of its analogues) online it would only take a couple hours. I actually didn't really like this. I smoked it for the rush. And when it was gone I would just want to get back onto suboxone as soon as possible. Sometimes I'm after waiting 36 hours and being like ??? Why don't I feel like shit yet? I felt like I was on something, but not fentanyl. Maybe this was the reason.
I've read other people say if takes a while to get dope sick on "fentanyl", I wonder why?

I made a post for another bl on here .a lot of the new drugs can cause inflammation or damage to kidneys even in short term use. When this happens the half life's of even short acting drugs like fet can be multiplied many times. A four hour half life can be dragged into days slowing down the withdrawal process massively as the drug struggles to clear system. It can also give the effect of a . drop in tolerance as ure continually adding to it. Things like nitz as u call it in the u.s .
There are plenty of testing places in most countries now. Like keif said using fet strips isn't much use as ure kinda expecting that anyway. Synthetics can be strengthened pretty much to any strength . Get all your stuff tested .it isn't a crap shoot this way.
In the UK we have to wait a week or so to get results but a little planning if possible saves lots of lives.
Fortunately it's still heroin here but we still have contaminants that can be avoided . Some of the better dealers even get there own stuff tested when buying it.
The waking up all over place sounds more like a benzodope to me but again get it tasted or get it off a more reputable guy. Having a dealer tell me it's a crap shoot would stop me using him on spot.

Gl guy

quit man.at least u can get perhaps kratom.that is saviour...if u do it for short term...just to ease withdrawl and not hooked on it.I can't get nothing...no tramadol,no kratom.....metamizol or nsaid drugs-that is for pain......sometimes u must have to be driven upon the wall....to have no other choice except to wean off and quit.....and u must wanting this from all ur heart.....and to have a support from family and heaven.Courage,courage<3👍🙏💪

I'm looking for anyone that knows what fentanyl might be cut with?
The only way to know for sure is to have it tested professionally by a service like DrugsData.
You cannot judge the purity/cuts present in a drug by: melting it without measuring the melt point carefully, looking at how it "resolidifies", looking at colours, dropping it in bleach, simply dissolving it in any solvent, examining it under a microscope, with UV light alone, with reagent tests, how it "tastes", or the colour/consistency of residue left over (although pure meth HCl should leave minimal or no residue).

The only truly useful method accessible to the home user would be thin layer chromatography, which provides a key element of a proper analysis: it separates the different compounds in a mixture, allowing you to identify not only how many things are in the mixture, as well as their relative amounts, and their identities (three ways: 1. Use a pre-existing solvent mixture and calculate how far the spot moves versus how far the solvent moved (tools used: ruler, calculator). This is called Rf and is the same for each unique compound, i.e. fentanyl always has an Rf of say 0.6, and maybe xylazine has Rf of 0.2. You wouldn't even need a sample of pure xylazine: if you saw a spot at the appropriate Rf you can make a good guess it's that compound.
2. Use a stain, to visualize the different compounds, by spraying the whole plate with e.g. Mecke, Mandelin, Marquis, etc. and looking at the colours.
3. Physically scrape the silica off the TLC plate for the spot in question and extract it with solvent, then do analysis on the small sample (aka "Preparative TLC"))
The downside? You do need certain solvents (depending on the particular method, some or all of these, in order of difficulty: methyl alcohol, acetone, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, hexane/heptane, chloroform, tetrahydrofuran, dichloromethane, diethyl ether, acetonitrile) and they should be pure and free of water. But you are not strictly required to follow a literature procedure and can experiment: it is entirely possible a mixture of methanol, isopropanol and naptha or acetone/isopropanol/naptha would not work if the appropriate ratio was found.
TLC plates are cheap on eBay and not controlled at all. You can get dozens of tests from one "plate" if you cut it into thin lanes