• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Fentanyl no highs or withdrawals wtf is happening

Lifertilboxed

Greenlighter
I'm 32 been doing H iv for 12 years. Always knew when it was time to dose. I don't always iv now because I collapsed to many veins n it's a pita to find one so I just snort or smoke Lately I never go through withdrawals and the dope I do is some of the best fent around. I went to a few rehabs recently n the last one I stayed for 7 days without any opioid and never got sick just bad cravings. The first couple days I took klonopin twice coricidn and Benadryl. The Klons would help but not like they did this time. I just couldn't sleep and that's normal high or not. One of the rehabs I went to I gave two people one pack of fent n both almost died had to get narcanned multiple times n go in an ambulance n everything, I gave myself away when the one dude was sleeping during a session in the lunch room n wouldn't wake up after hard slaps to the faces so I took a bucket of ice cold water n dumped it on him. He got up but still got narcaned. So I know my dope is the reals. I should be getting sick every 5-6 hours or at least 12. But I'll go over 24 hours and not have any typ of symptom. I usually do it 3-4 times a day. This shit doesn't make sense at all.
I don't understand how this is happening. Might even try to quit or cut way down if I'm not even getting high anymore n withdrawals are a breeze.
Has this happened to anyone else

Sounds to me like you've gotten used to the withdrawls in a strange way, you'd be surprised what the body can become immune to. There is man that lets black mambas bite him, and has become entirely immune to their venom and can survive a bite/multiple bites. Totally different scenario, but a rather extreme example of becoming tolerant to something. As for the lack of getting high, the answer is pretty blatant here I feel; your tolerance is extreme. You've been using for 12 years my man, that is on the very higher end of the spectrum in terms of extended drug use, let alone highly potent opioids such as heroin & fentanyl. I've heard similar stories on r/Opiates on Reddit, this isn't unheard of and you are not alone my friend. Are you sure of the strength of your drugs as well? Not that you should be searching for the strongest stuff you can find, dangerous game to play with opiates, but also a factor to consider.

The "venom man":

I actually had a total opposite reaction. Ok do meth daily. Recently I got covid wasn't to bad slept for 3 days. Felt better thought about doing a line or whatever but decided against because I have had pneumonia off of meth twice and the last time I was in the hospital for 21 days and was really close to death . So I opted out temporarily. On the 5 th day I started going down hill nausea, sweats, diarrhea. Each day i was getting worse body aches puking and I was testing negative for covid by now so on the 8th or 9th day I'm thinking it withdrawal from the meth/gent. So to keep a long story from getting longer. I got some shards did me bout 40$ worth and almost instantly felt better
So I feel like meth is now physically addicting maybe even worse with the meth.l

I dunno "bad cravings" definitely sounds like withdrawal to me.

If you aren't feeling the high then the withdrawal shouldn't be so bad (then again, this isn't necessarily true, many opioids lose their high yet still feature nasty withdrawal syndromes when discontinued).

But some people get "better" at going through opioid withdrawal, myself included. The opposite is true with benzo withdrawal; each time only gets harder.

Has this happened to anyone else
Very occasionally I've gotten lucky and had a WD phase where i didn't feel the WD bad or at all. This is a good time to stay off for awhile if that's a goal for you. Even a break is good on the body and mind. Might even find it in you to stay off longer then that.

No matter what fentanyl is really dodgy in dosing. Always keep a safety net in place with people or even use the phonelines and apps which are popping up for supervised consumption if you have one in your geographic area.

The real deal has Hotspots and tolerance has highs and lows too. Look at your WD situation here. This is an opportunity. Take advantage of it.

Your probably going to being able to relate to this but with me with my extensive history iv’ing smack (3 decades)

I find it depends on which opiate in withdrawing from ,all opiates are different with H when I was running hard I’d start feeling it 5-6 hrs after the last shot,other opiates like pod tea will hold me 48 hrs after last drinking ,I’ll get the second night sleep but after waking up and getting ready for the day on the third day I notice slight withdrawals but nothing some tramadol,codeine or kratom can’t handles
Oxys hold me for around 8 hrs till I notice something usually like nervous tension followed by the usual symptoms…

I like doing a quick taper with pod tea since it holds me so long then switch to kratom a few days tops,I add low dose Valium , gabapentin whenever I’m doing a taper,I always feel something when tapering down a opiate no matter which one it is , it’s not like your missing something good so I’d just be grateful and carry on👍👍👍

Enjoy your day…

That' wild if you don't get withdrawal. And you should consider yourself lucky as fuck. Man I'm so ready to be done (again, I had 5 years clean and thought for sure opiates were in my past but they came back around the time my dad was dying). Suboxone every day, I stopped thinking about other opiates but that withdrawal stops me in my tracks. I can't function, I just want to curl into a ball and die. If I didn't have withdrawals I would stop today.

Thanks for responding. My bad cravings are always there for any kind of high really. Me and my friend were co dependent for a while he had a car n I had the connect and wouldn't let him get the number lol but he would be throwing up in like a few hours. When I first messed with fent in Florida I'd get sick in 5-6 hours. True about Xanax I lose my shit during withdrawal like say no to get dope from my friend while he's in withdraws n fix myself a little. Had a seizure at the hospital last time n I couldn't tell them what was wrong with me because I didn't know at the time I was so stupid but felt kinda normal cuz the ativan. The doc was trying to keep me for 24 hours cuz I told him 12 times it was 2015 in 2022. Ended up running out the ambulance doors. I'm going to try to take advantage of this tho n quit hurting my pockets. I make $300 a day but spend it all on dope stuck livin in grandma's basement like a pos cuz I gotta get a breathalyzer installed in a vehicle I don't have yet to get my license back. N my brother in laws a state trooper n when him and my mom took me to rehab from a motel he went in the trash n grabbed some empty packs with enough dope to get tested n it came back %90 pure Fent. Purity fluctuates I know but I haven't found anyones dope to even come close to my guys.

The way drugs are right now, there is so much conjecture and cross-contamination that most people are pretty unaware of what they're using. In 2008 if I bought Heroin in Massachusetts, I could be reasonably sure that what I had was Heroin. Perhaps there was other shit in there for cut, maybe a dealer puts something strange in every once in a blue moon, but you could be pretty sure that's what it was.

Now, you can buy Methamphetamine that has Fentanyl in it, Heroin with Benzodiazepines in it, Heroin without Heroin in it etc. Now, people have switched their street nomenclature to ask directly for Fentanyl, except their Fentanyl could be a -nitazene, it could have Benzodiazepines in it, it could have Methamphetamine in it. I swear the people running around in my backyard are more and more about "getting high" regardless of the method. There are so many people out there, dependent upon so many different drugs, many completely unaware of their dependencies that their life is a non-stop chaos of "make it fucking stop".

It is a completely different ballgame than 10 years ago.

This is a question that we could never answer man. We're always here to give you love and support, but given the vague nature of what you're describing, you might invest this energy more prudently in a different area. You might spend hours on here thinking you have an idea of what's going on only to have the house of cards collapse and realize you've really learned nothing for certain.

I'm not going to close this, but it's a candidate for the recovery forums, as I think the question is unanswerable and our guy might do better with some support from others in similar situations.