• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Fentanyl laced meth? Warming

tacodude

Bluelighter
Fentanyl found in 3 men found dead near San Francisco high school

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS |
PUBLISHED: February 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm | UPDATED: February 24, 2018 at 2:16 pm

SAN FRANCISCO ? The bodies of three men found dead outside a high school in a historic San Francisco neighborhood this week showed the presence of methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl, a city public health official said Friday.

Department of Public Health spokeswoman Rachael Kagan said that a glass pipe found at the death scene also had traces of the drugs. Preliminary test results suggest the methamphetamine was likely laced with fentanyl and acetyl fentanyl, Kagan said.

A security guard found the men outside an elite private high school in San Francisco?s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood on Thursday, prompting health officials to alert the public of the dangers of buying street drugs potentially spiked with fentanyl.

Fentanyl is a cheap and potent synthetic opioid that is stronger than heroin.

agan said more toxicology tests will be done to confirm the results.
She said a cause of death for the men, who were all in their 30s, has not been determined.

The department says drug users should carry naloxone to reverse an overdose and that people should take a tester dose to make sure the drugs are not spiked

Https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...en-found-dead-near-san-francisco-high-school/

Be careful people.... This could possibly be that they attempted to mix in fentanyl or a china white bag into their pipe as I'm sure if there was fentanyl laced meth going around there would be more than one instance of this happening. It's crazy what's going on.

jesus christ.

these drugs are sop cheap and easy to source, this is such a major public health crisis - but the thing i hear in the media - and from clueless politicians - is people blaming doctors for overprescribing painkillers - which both misses the point and makes life even harder for people that need Rx pain relief.

it's equal parts frustrating and horrifying. we need more clued-in bluelighters speaking out publicly about this shit IMO.

but anyway - bit off-topic there, but be careful. that's some scary shit.

i wish there were some easier ways of identifying fent - it's not like HR in the old days - "don't share works" etc. this is some chemical weapon grade shit, and who the fuck expects their meth to be laced with it?
i wonder if it could have been a "hot shot" scenario. wouldn't take much fentanyl/fent analogue. like, a few cents worth :(
so sad.

it's like the absolute insanity of drug prohibition played out to its most absurd conclusion.

Yeah, based on the info given who the fuck knows what happened, and HR certainly isn't an easy, cut and dry thing at all, you're absolutely right, space. I've been to detix threes tines within just over six months, and each time, upon being tested entering the facility, I've tested positive for at least two substances I had honestly had no idea as to how they would be in my system. It's been benzos, barbiturates and cocaine, that I've failed for on top of the expected opioids/meth. I found the barbs most strange, but who the hell knows?

Anyway, Fentanyl and it's analogues are a daily worry for me, and as I stated in another thread, I never cease to be frustrated by the street "pros" that magically know if some sope has fent in it or not.

You can take a fentanyl urine dip stick and use it I believe. I think the dancesafe crew knows and supplies a good test device to dip into water with fentanyl. I think any urine test would work. I'm sure the same reagents for MDMA could be used the reactions just need to be recorded, which I'm sure someone has done at this point.