• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl eye drops?

Pro GMO 2

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I am a chronic pain guy who is prescibed pretty strong medications. Due to cspine and lumbar damage at several levels I have little options other than take narcotics or live in miserable pain. Pain sux and I am a pussy.

So the question is this. Can the Watson Brand fentanyl patch with the squeezable gel be combined with eye drops or distilled water and administered to the eyes?

Yeah I know it is a powerful and dangerous drug.

If anyone has tried this what dosing do you use and what techniques to made and deliver the concoction for a relatively safe yet fun experience? I have the 25ug/h patches.

Thanks for your time. Over the years I have read many postings and always found the site useful and very informative. I did a search and read the mega thread but either got outsmarted by the search feature or just missed related topics.

In the Scifi movie "Looper" there was a drug that was administered to the eyes...

Hmmm quotes are messing with me, probably a newb thing to the site.Anyway what is your experience kitty that lead to a quick and simple no? I used LSD and assumed the absorption and quick or direct access to the brain would be similar. Why? I posted in my originating post.

The drug is not going to get in the brain any faster when administered that way. It will first be absorbed in the veins in your eye, and then it goes all the way through the heart and lungs before being distributed to all organs (including the brain). Ocular drug delivery is kind of complex: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25590022

I just read that link, thanks. Thought I would ask here since those site rarely have any experienced users or abusers experiences added. Thanks for the link though.

Ocular absorbtion bypasses the liver fro.some of the literature online, are you sure all the organs distribution is correct?

I say no because while systemic circulation can be reached through the eye (it happens with beta-blockers used in glaucoma), there is no good evidence that it will work in any appreciable amount for opioids (although fent's potency gives it a chance, I will admit). Given that there are other suitable methods of administration, safety and efficacy are speculative at best, and eye drops require sterile formulation, I say it is not worth it.