• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fent patch question ?

Jvjs05

Bluelighter
Well it's that time of the month again when I'm Gona run out of my meds and be a few days short. So I use oxycodone usually 30mg IR the blues , almost always snorted
I use daily about 300mg some days 400 some days 200 but averages out to about 300mg per day , usually my singe dose is 90-120mg snorted almost always. Like I said going to be about a week short on Oxys. Friend gave me a 100mcg fent patch ( the kind with the gel) my goal is to stay out of w/d until I can get my Oxys in a week.
My question is given my tolerance to oxy, in the opinion of someone or multiple people who are experienced with fent , would I be ok to wear this patch? Don't plan on abusing it in any way just taking it out of the package on sticking it directly on my skin. Also where would be the best place to put this patch ? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Oh also , I am 5foot7 215lbs with a lot of muscle mass as I am into bodybuilding if that factors into it at all

Given your oxy dosage, you should be just fine wearing a 100mcg patch. That being said, one patch is supposed to last 1-3 days, so I wouldn't put it on for a day or two after your last dose of oxy, that will get you to about day 5, so you'd only have 2 days of hell.. also keep in mind, that even after you take the patch off, the fent' will continue to work because there will be residual amounts underneath your skin. Good luck, stay safe!

- Hopeless Soul

Also I forgot to ask, did you see if you can get your script filled early? Sometimes they allow this, as long as you don't do it every time..

- Hopeless Soul

Well I have 2 patchs , I put the first one on yesterday at 1pm gona leave it on until Sunday morning then put the other one on which should take me till Wednesday morning when I can get the oxy, I have to say I've been wearing it for over 24hrs now and feel nothing really. Still have runny nose and still having stomach issues ... I don't get it I thought fent was supposed to be super strong? Especially since it's the 100mcg patch , I have even been taking a few norco 10s ..... Clearly it's not as bad as a full blown w/d but I am still feeling some of the symptoms

Yes your oxy usage is higher than 100mcg/hr fentanyl. Fentanyl is a strong opiate, especially when abused, but with non-opiod naive patients using the 72hr transdermal patches the risks are small. Fentanyl is extremely potent when taken IV or smoked. Absorbing slowly through your skin with your current oxy tolerance it will help offset the withdrawal but it is not as strong as what you were taking previously. You would probably need 150-200mcg/hr based on your current oxy intake to be completely symptom free.

Yeah your daily oxy habit is more than 100mcg fent', when doing a conversion. Also when you wear the patch as directed, its sustained release, so it slowly releases.a little bit of fent' at a time, so there won't be a rush or anything like that, however smoking it is an entirely different story! As far as your situation is.concerned, I would hold out as long as possible to put on the second patch, to get you as close to your refill date as possible.

- Hopeless 7nos

I'm not suggesting this, but a lot of people poke a little pin hole in the patch, so it hits them faster and harder.

- Hopeless 7nos

Thanks for the replies I'll prolly try to hold out till tomorrow as I have a few norco 10s to try and get some sleep tonight then put the second patch on tomorrow , should I leave the original patch on until Sunday at 1 as that will be the 72 hour mark for the original patch ?

You can keep the patch on past 72hrs. Sometimes there will still be drug left to continue absorbing. Certainly no reason to take it off any sooner with your tolerance level.