• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Fent-meth comedown

Carpetshark

Bluelighter
I've been shooting meth daily for about 6 months this time round, and I'm cleaning house! Time to sober up and do what the sober people do!
The meth I was getting sucked, and if it wasn't for the UAs I do at my clinic, I never would have known there was fent in it. But yes, hearing that scared the crap out of me, so I kept on shootin like a good addict.
Does anyone know what the fent/meth detox is going to look like? I've been eating and sleeping normally, so I'm not expecting that particular crash, but I'm sure the fent has her nails dug in deep.
Also, if nobody has experience with this detox, would it help anyone for me to post my progress?

Im guessing it’s still mostly meth though? Well, I suppose you don’t know. Still, I think must be more meth. Have you detoxed from it before at least?

I would say the chances of developing a fentanyl habit from using fentanyl contaminated meth over 6 months is extremely low given how rarely fentanyl is actually found in meth. For evidence of how rare it is, just search drugsdata.org for tested meth samples that actually contained meth.

So given how rare it is, the chance that all the meth you used over past 6 months contained fentanyl is almost zero, thus I think a physical addiction to fentanyl is extremely unlikely.

Plus, if you were addicted to fentanyl, you'd know by now. It is a short acting drug with rapidly manifesting withdrawal symptoms, and given the nastiness of fentanyl withdrawal, if you had a physical addiction to fentanyl it would have made itself known by now. So very likely not something to worry about.

Anything is possible though, but what you described is very unlikely.

I would say the chances of developing a fentanyl habit from using fentanyl contaminated meth over 6 months is extremely low given how rarely fentanyl is actually found in meth. For evidence of how rare it is, just search drugsdata.org for tested meth samples that actually contained meth.

So given how rare it is, the chance that all the meth you used over past 6 months contained fentanyl is almost zero, thus I think a physical addiction to fentanyl is extremely unlikely.

Plus, if you were addicted to fentanyl, you'd know by now. It is a short acting drug with rapidly manifesting withdrawal symptoms, and given the nastiness of fentanyl withdrawal, if you had a physical addiction to fentanyl it would have made itself known by now. So very likely not something to worry about.

Im guessing it’s still mostly meth though? Well, I suppose you don’t know. Still, I think must be more meth. Have you detoxed from it before at least
Yes, I did about 10 years ago, it wasn't as bad as 20 something years ago. I was getting that brown yellow sticky stuff and slepfor about two weeks if I remember. I wonder if the clinic can ascertain any ratios just from a ua.

I mentioned I go to a clinic, I've been on Suboxone for 4 years. I found out there was fent in it because my UA was positive for it. Their testing equipment is highly sensitive and in their facility, they don't send it away to a 3rd party.
Because of the Suboxone/Naloxone, I agree getting hooked on fent is highly unlikely, but still has me curious because it's totally synthetic.
The crash concerns me because I'm eating, sleeping normally, and just beinwg mostly normal me. Am I still going to want to sleep for a month? Are cravings going to get nuts?
I wanted to follow-up wiqth you so you didn't think I was randomly picking drugs to complain about.
Thanks for your time!
😃

I mentioned I go to a clinic, I've been on Suboxone for 4 years. I found out there was fent in it because my UA was positive for it. Their testing equipment is highly sensitive and in their facility, they don't send it away to a 3rd party.
Because of the Suboxone/Naloxone, I agree getting hooked on fent is highly unlikely, but still has me curious because it's totally synthetic.
The crash concerns me because I'm eating, sleeping normally, and just beinwg mostly normal me. Am I still going to want to sleep for a month? Are cravings going to get nuts?
I wanted to follow-up wiqth you so you didn't think I was randomly picking drugs to complain about.
Thanks for your time!
😃

Well if they are doing the testing in-house, then it's almost certainly an immunoassay type test, which is particularly susceptible to false positive results when methamphetamine is present. Higher concentrations of methamphetamine in the urine will trigger false fentanyl positives, and if you were IVing the methamphetamine the concentration of meth in the urine is going to be high due to the ~99% bioavailability of intravenously administered meth.

If any fentanyl happened to actually make it in there it would likely be in low or trace amounts, and it wouldn't have happened with every batch over all those months. And, you are on suboxone. So you really needn't worry about fentanyl having any role in what happens when you stop taking the meth.

To recover faster, get some l-tyrosine (can be bought on amazon).

Thank you again. One thing they did not say anything about were the levels of it in my blood. So yes, it absolutely could be tiny trace amounts, and that is ok with me 🤙.

So I am sober off of fentanyl and meth for almost 11 months. I just got out of jail about a month ago, and when I went in I was spiritually, mentally and physically broken. My arms were so trashed from my tracks they had to put me on doxycycline for a month--doxy is the same antibiotic they go to for folks that have Lyme disease. I didn't eat a tray of food for the first 2 weeks of my stay in the clink. Thank god I had quit taking methadone 2 weeks before I got locked up because now I am opioid free for 10+ months! Had I continued Methadone until the day I got locked up MAT(medically assisted treatment) would have continued during my stay in jail. I was on a 150mg at the clinic and I couldn't stop my insatiable desire to get bent. Now I'm on a no med campaign--especially western meds. I'm currently tracking through VA programs and I feel very connected to the life force and universal energy that connects us all. When I was shooting as much fentanyl and meth into my arm as I possibly could, I was enchained to self. Now I'm generally happy. Anyone going through some shit, know that emotion states pass, don't let the human experience get on top of you, and if nobody has told you they love you today, I love you! Peace!!!

Well if they are doing the testing in-house, then it's almost certainly an immunoassay type test, which is particularly susceptible to false positive results when methamphetamine is present. Higher concentrations of methamphetamine in the urine will trigger false fentanyl positives, and if you were IVing the methamphetamine the concentration of meth in the urine is going to be high due to the ~99% bioavailability of intravenously administered meth.

If any fentanyl happened to actually make it in there it would likely be in low or trace amounts, and it wouldn't have happened with every batch over all those months. And, you are on suboxone. So you really needn't worry about fentanyl having any role in what happens when you stop taking the meth.

To recover faster, get some l-tyrosine (can be bought on amazon).
I thought of this conversation as soon as I talked to my counselor. You're 100% right, thank Jeebus. My subsequent UAs were clean from fent. my first one was clean too. I called out counselor and she admitted that when she sees one of her patients test positive for it, she gives them the "dirty UA" story hoping they'll get freaked out and stop.
Thanks again

I really hate that I have to say this, but the chances of finding fent in meth are actually very high, specifically in my area (Seattle).

I was on my way to quitting fent, went thru the withdrawals and everything, and bought some meth to help with the lack of energy. But I was taking Suboxone for MAT, and even though I had already gone thru the worst of the withdrawals of fent (72 hrs) the meth I had had enough fent that I went through precipitated withdrawals AGAIN. Even though I hadn't had any blues, and used a clean pipe.
Hope this helps, again not trying to argue, but this did happen to me and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I really hate that I have to say this, but the chances of finding fent in meth are actually very high, specifically in my area (Seattle).

I was on my way to quitting fent, went thru the withdrawals and everything, and bought some meth to help with the lack of energy. But I was taking Suboxone for MAT, and even though I had already gone thru the worst of the withdrawals of fent (72 hrs) the meth I had had enough fent that I went through precipitated withdrawals AGAIN. Even though I hadn't had any blues, and used a clean pipe.
Hope this helps, again not trying to argue, but this did happen to me and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.
I am 11 months off of fentanyl by the way, MAT saved my life. Still hit that bubble tho ✌🏻😁

I'm so sorry! WORST feeling in the world!
I've been on Suboxone for about 5 years, and you would have gone thru Paws when you first started taking it. That's what the Naloxone in Suboxone does, it snaps those opiate receptors shut tight and throws you into Paws (hope im getting my abbreviations right) or stops an OD.
If you've already been on Sub for any amount of time, you can take fent all day long and not feel a thing. I'm 100% positive you weren't going thru paws, depending on how long ago it was, it's definitely worth a trip to the doc or your clinic.
Hope you're feeling better!

I'm so sorry! WORST feeling in the world!
I've been on Suboxone for about 5 years, and you would have gone thru Paws when you first started taking it. That's what the Naloxone in Suboxone does, it snaps those opiate receptors shut tight and throws you into Paws (hope im getting my abbreviations right) or stops an OD.
If you've already been on Sub for any amount of time, you can take fent all day long and not feel a thing. I'm 100% positive you weren't going thru paws, depending on how long ago it was, it's definitely worth a trip to the doc or your clinic.
Hope you're feeling better!
Thats the thing, is I was not prescribed sub at the time. I managed to grab a few from my brothers, which I had taken intermittently. So yeah, I promise this is a real thing that happened to me. To be fair, the withdrawals were not as intense. But people in my area are frequently putting fent in meth, in order to make it more addictive. And the reason being is supposedly if the user doesn't catch on, there's a potential that they will subconsciously go back to the same distributor.

So I am sober off of fentanyl and meth for almost 11 months. I just got out of jail about a month ago, and when I went in I was spiritually, mentally and physically broken. My arms were so trashed from my tracks they had to put me on doxycycline for a month--doxy is the same antibiotic they go to for folks that have Lyme disease. I didn't eat a tray of food for the first 2 weeks of my stay in the clink. Thank god I had quit taking methadone 2 weeks before I got locked up because now I am opioid free for 10+ months! Had I continued Methadone until the day I got locked up MAT(medically assisted treatment) would have continued during my stay in jail. I was on a 150mg at the clinic and I couldn't stop my insatiable desire to get bent. Now I'm on a no med campaign--especially western meds. I'm currently tracking through VA programs and I feel very connected to the life force and universal energy that connects us all. When I was shooting as much fentanyl and meth into my arm as I possibly could, I was enchained to self. Now I'm generally happy. Anyone going through some shit, know that emotion states pass, don't let the human experience get on top of you, and if nobody has told you they love you today, I love you! Peace!!!
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! I am truly hoping things are still going well, you are so brave and so strong!
Anyone tell you they love YOU today?
I love you and peace be with you 💛

I'm hoping everyone who read and replied to my post will see this.
First, quit the drugs about a week ago. I feel fine, just fatigued but nothing some Yerba Mate can't cure.
Second, I bumped into this VERY interesting study about meth and false positives for fent:
Meth and fent falses