View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feelings of Merging with surroundings After Psycedelic use

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Does anybody feel as if after many trips, that they feel an interconnectedness with objects and or they merge with their surroundings from time to time?

can't say it always happens to me. Maybe its just anxiety from time to time. Or a flashback?

I've only ever really felt that while on a substance. Maybe a select few occasions when not but nothing too extreme.

The most memorable time was when I used some salvia and became the couch I was sitting on. I think I also told my friends that they were sitting on me.

^^ Interesting, I also became a couch on salvia once. Though it was towards the end of stupidly intense breakthrough hit, I emerge from the void into a dream world, after some dream/memeory merged world nonsense I opened up a moving truck and crawled inside to find it was the basement where I originally took the hit of salvia (back in reality, though probably wasn't totally aware of that at the time) I sat back on the couch once entering the back of the truck, then all of a sudden sunk into it and became stuck in it's shape paralyzed as the walls of the truck folded down into a flat void before instantly my real basement rematerialized and I un-merged from the couch. Jumped up and ran over to the stairs to look up them and see if I was really in my house, took a breath and only then did I realize "Oh, I just smoked some fucking salvia. *facepalm*."

That sounds like me coming up on dissos... Never really in the days after unless I'm in a flow state.
If I'm having a real good session on my guitar, or moving through nature (running, biking) I can get some ego softening, but it's never on the level of "I am the couch". Just losing awareness of the couch I'm sitting on. I do get lots of "that tree is looking at me" "that's a friendly rock" stuff going on from time to time.

Did some MXE and 2ci once and was no longer aware of anything other than geometric patterns and colors. I refuse to call it "ego death" I just dislike the term as it has dangerous implications. Maybe "Royally fucked off my head" or "far fucking beyond twisted" is a better and more accurate terminology.

salvia takes me there a lot - it is a common occurrence at the level-5 or Immaterial state of inebriation.
If I take a lot of acid or other psychedelic, this can happen as well: loss of sense of time and space, loss of familiar body definition, merging with objects in the surroundings, seeing or engaging with visitors that are not there in real life.

Not really when I'm not on anything, but a good dose of lsd will make me forget that I even have a body to come back to.

They definitely mess with the self-not self boundaries & can induce feelings of "oceanic oneness" or "absolute unitary being" depending on your preferred terminology ;)

at the same "intensity of effect", I also get visitors, or my self can have conversations with another self both of which are astonished that there could be autonomous beings using my brain or body, as easily as I can "inhabit" a couch or the floor or a glass. as if consciousness arises in the trails left by sensations.

Does anybody feel as if after many trips, that they feel an interconnectedness with objects and or they merge with their surroundings from time to time?

can't say it always happens to me. Maybe its just anxiety from time to time. Or a flashback?

I've only ever really felt that while on a substance. Maybe a select few occasions when not but nothing too extreme.

The most memorable time was when I used some salvia and became the couch I was sitting on. I think I also told my friends that they were sitting on me.

^^ Interesting, I also became a couch on salvia once. Though it was towards the end of stupidly intense breakthrough hit, I emerge from the void into a dream world, after some dream/memeory merged world nonsense I opened up a moving truck and crawled inside to find it was the basement where I originally took the hit of salvia (back in reality, though probably wasn't totally aware of that at the time) I sat back on the couch once entering the back of the truck, then all of a sudden sunk into it and became stuck in it's shape paralyzed as the walls of the truck folded down into a flat void before instantly my real basement rematerialized and I un-merged from the couch. Jumped up and ran over to the stairs to look up them and see if I was really in my house, took a breath and only then did I realize "Oh, I just smoked some fucking salvia. *facepalm*."

Did some MXE and 2ci once and was no longer aware of anything other than geometric patterns and colors. I refuse to call it "ego death" I just dislike the term as it has dangerous implications. Maybe "Royally fucked off my head" or "far fucking beyond twisted" is a better and more accurate terminology.

Yes, those are apt descriptions...IMO.

salvia takes me there a lot - it is a common occurrence at the level-5 or Immaterial state of inebriation.
If I take a lot of acid or other psychedelic, this can happen as well: loss of sense of time and space, loss of familiar body definition, merging with objects in the surroundings, seeing or engaging with visitors that are not there in real life.

Not really when I'm not on anything, but a good dose of lsd will make me forget that I even have a body to come back to.

They definitely mess with the self-not self boundaries & can induce feelings of "oceanic oneness" or "absolute unitary being" depending on your preferred terminology ;)

at the same "intensity of effect", I also get visitors, or my self can have conversations with another self both of which are astonished that there could be autonomous beings using my brain or body, as easily as I can "inhabit" a couch or the floor or a glass. as if consciousness arises in the trails left by sensations.

I wish all these experiences could be posted in the "ego-death" debate thread.
All of these experiences are. i think, what "ego-death" actually is.
Although i don't care for the term or even subscribe to it, per se', "oneness", merging with surroundings", "becoming" an object all describe "ego-death"...NOT "feeling as though you are dead".
"Feeling as though you are dead" is just that...YOU ("I") feel it, so technically, your sense of self is still intact...ergo NOT ego-death!

Last edited:
Of course, man!

It's perfectly natural, and can also be achieved through meditation and deep spiritual states of mind. We're all the same, the same energy, and the more we can be conscious of it, the better.

The first time I did acid I was at an electronic club with my gf and a few friends, I did two hits of "real" hu-nab ku's and was tripping pretty strongly after about 1.5 hours. At this time my friends suggested we go dance, I agreed and as soon as I got on the dance floor I was like "I can't figure out where I end and the dance floor begins." That's the only time I've had feelings of merging with something while on a psych aside from maybe a hand full of times another gf and I did acid ( we went thru a few month long acid phase in our relationship ) and were having sex and it felt as if we were coming together as one person, which felt really, really pleasant for us hehehe.

lol i hate when that happens, how long did that last for?