• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Feeling weird for days after a 'big night'

pafpa55@

Greenlighter
On the weekend I had a big night doing things I don't usually do - alcohol, a few lines of coke. Endedit with 3/4 bar of xanax and some paracetamol/ibuprofen. Over the next couple of days the hangover didn't subside at all, did 1mg of xanax then ,5 mg the following day.. I've done xanax a handful of times of the last month, often in combination with weed, but in my life time less than say, 15 times.

Since that weekend, I feel like i've been withdrawing from what i imagine withdrawing from opiates or something. Extreme anxiety, delirious, random breakdowns/crying for seconds at a time, heart racing, a physical mental pain I can't describe, depression, etc etc.
I just don't know if this is some kind of withdrawl, or if my brain just got bombarded so fucking hard, or If im just going through a mental breakdown of sorts. Perhaps It's because I 'haven't been smoking as much weed.?

Please help. I hate waking up and feeling like this. I've been taking vitamins, excercising, sleeping well before this.

I've had anxiety/panic attacks in the past and bad 'days after', but never an infinite feeling of being fried/scrambled/detached

Whats going on?

Welcome to bluelight

It's most likely a hangover of sorts from hammering your brain with a bunch of drugs, possibly on top of mild cannabis withdrawals. Don't think about it too much, it will subside with time.

I don't know much about neurochemistry but in simple terms, when you take things like xanax or coke it will cause receptors to pump out or block neurotransmitters for as long as the drug is circulating in the brain. When the drugs leave your system the brain is now depleted of these neurotransmitters and must take time readjust back to normal levels, this is the hangover/comedown and can last more than a day or two depending on length/severity of use. Again, i'm not a neurochemist, this is just my laymen's understanding of it.

In the mean time stop taking the xanax and go easy on the weed, they will only lead to further brain fog and rebound anxiety. Keep getting good rest and eating well. You will recover, just give your body time.

Have a slight feeling similar to how you describe. Had a few lines of coke on top of alcohol saturday night after nothing for 6-9 months other than weed.

Have not had much smoke over the past few weeks and this night has taken a few days to recover been waking up sweating feeling generally unwell (racing looping thoughts ect) and generally feel more anxious than i did.

Had a smoke just now. Feel stoned but some pressure around temples and generally feeling unwell still.

Lots of water and food will help. Stay off anything if u need to take a xanax or whatever do so if u need too.

Things will get better with time. Jus stay away from stims alcohol. They dnt agree with me anymore thats for sure

Its hard. i spin tobacco with weed, so IM getting withdrawals from tobaccco, whilst having withdrawals for weed, whilst having withdrawals from benzos. Life is hell.

I find the worst part of a stimulant comedown is often about 3 days after last dose. Drugs all have half lives and are still doing things inside your head long after the high itself had dissipated.

i don’t know how many times I’ve got through day two congratulating myself for no ill effects only to be brought low by anxiety/depression attack on the third night.

Like everything else it passes and should not be interpreted as a long-term effect.

Dude, you have been literally hammering your brain with extremely powerful uppers and downers. It hasn't been that long since you let your brain reach equilibrium. It will get better.

But, moving forward you have to realize what you are putting into your brain, and then expecting it to act normal, whilst still using hardcore substances.

You'll be alright through.

Also for the record 1mg of xanax if more than any human should use in a day. Trust me, I used to snort like 5 bars a day, like a dumb fuck.