• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Feeling sick after long term codeine use?

sk82

Greenlighter
hi everyone, i'm 17 and the first time i did codeine was august last year. i was staying with a family, and the mum was prescribed codeine phosphate 30mg. she was addicted physically, but not psychologically. she was a bad role model, and one night we got drunk and she offered me 2. i took them, and i usually do my research before doing a new drug but this time i didn't. all of a sudden, i was lying about headaches/back pain just to get them. which escalated into me stealing them, taking them every day (i was going to college on it). i think i was taking around 5 a day. i stopped taking them regularly for about a month, and then started again. but every single time i would take even 3, i would feel horribly horribly sick, and hardly high at all. i started taking 50mg tramadol, but that hardly makes me high either. i mostly feel sick. does anyone know why? bc i see people who have been addicted for years and still take the same amount. do they just not get sick or do they just tolerate it?
TLDR; been using codeine for a while and now almost any amount just makes me feel sick and not very high. anyone know why?

It might be like a learned reaction. It happened to me with Tramadol. I got sick on them once and after that time, even if I only took 100 mgs, I got sick every time when I took them. With Codeine, I usually get headache and stomach discomfort when I take more than 90 mgs.
With other opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, opium, heroin ...) I never have this problem.

It might be like a learned reaction. It happened to me with Tramadol. I got sick on them once and after that time, even if I only took 100 mgs, I got sick every time when I took them. With Codeine, I usually get headache and stomach discomfort when I take more than 90 mgs.
With other opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, opium, heroin ...) I never have this problem.
do you know if there's any way to get rid of it or over it? kinda addicted and don't know where else i can get that kind of high from, and also trying my best to stay away from heroin...

I don't other than taking a medication to fight nausea. You are smart to stay away from heroin or anything stronger than codeine. Even codeine addiction is painful so you don't need worse.
This sickness could be the savior in disguise; you could taper down and become opiate free. Good luck, be safe.

I don't other than taking a medication to fight nausea. You are smart to stay away from heroin or anything stronger than codeine. Even codeine addiction is painful so you don't need worse.
This sickness could be the savior in disguise; you could taper down and become opiate free. Good luck, be safe.
hopefully. thank you :)

Promethazine (Phenergan) is effective for nausea, just take the recommended dose and u should be fine. Also if ur gonna take it then take it an hour before the Codeine.

Promethazine (Phenergan) is effective for nausea, just take the recommended dose and u should be fine. Also if ur gonna take it then take it an hour before the Codeine.
i'll try it, it might work bc they use it in lean don't they? thank you for the advice