Mental Health Feeling mentally and physically ill after abusing drugs this summer

Margarita1

Greenlighter
Greetings,

I started experiencing with drugs this summer due to curiosity as well as attending multiple festivals. Before this I had never taken any drugs and I was mentally and physically healthy. At EDC Las Vegas in June was my first time taking MDMA. I rolled 2 days in a row. Both were great. Since then I took MDMA twice a week all the way until the beginning of September. I was aware that you should only do MDMA once every 4-6 weeks max, but I was ignorant and did not care because I continously felt great, rolls were always good, and I never had a single "comedown". In July I started experiencing with LSD and cocaine. From then until now, I had around 4-5 LSD trips and probably went through around 10g of cocaine. In August, I started experiencing with a lot more drugs and combos. Shrooms, Ketamine, Xanax, Oxy, and DMT. I never felt mentally or physically ill in any way until the end of August/beginning of September. I was taking Oxy (very often combined with Xanax) for a week straight until I got sick. I had a fever, cough, sweating excessively, problems sleeping, etc. I stopped taking drugs completely for around 2 days. I then started again with Oxy and Xanax to help me sleep and get through the shitty symptoms that come with a cold. My cold passed a few days later and since then I was taking Oxy every single day until yesterday. I loved the high from it. It helped me relax and sleep at night. At the beginning of last week, I started feeling shitty in the morning until I took Oxy. That made me realize that I was probably getting (or already was/am) physically addicted and that I need to stop now. From then until yesterday, I started decreasing my Oxy dosage every day until it eventually hit 0, which is today. This entire past week I've been feeling mentally and physically ill. I feel like I have a constant fever. I'm hot and cold at the same time. I can't lay in bed comfortably because it's too hot but at the same time I need to cover myself with a blanket because it's too cold. I'm sweating a lot for no reason. I have a constant runny nose. I have insomnia which is preventing me from getting a good amount of sleep. The little sleep that I do get isn't good quality sleep, I wake up constantly and have trouble falling asleep again. I can't eat properly anymore. Even though I'm constantly hungry, I just cant seem to get food down my throat because eating just feels so disgusting. Yesterday I had to drive somewhere and before getting in the car and throughout the entire 40 minute drive I had this constant anxiety. I was fearing something but I don't even know what. My heart rate was also crazy. Today is my first day not taking any Oxy. I'm still feeling ill, but it's not too bad. I still feel like I have a fever and I also can't eat even though I'm extremely hungry. I'm shivering a little bit and I have small moments of tiny anxiety.

I'm posting here to hear if anyone has gone through this before and if they were able to go back to normal again. Any reply is appreciated.

Note: All substances I took were tested by myself with test kits from eztest and DanceSafe. All came out clean. I never took a untested substance.

Look up opiate withdrawals my friend you will find you have been addicted to oxy better to leave that habit where it is and power through the rubbish feeling now

You can most certainly get back to "normal". An important question that you may want to explore right now is whether your extreme use of drugs was simply youthful experimentation that strayed into dangerous territory or whether you discovered a need to be self-medicating and have some deeper problems that need your attention. Regardless of the answer to that question, you need to rein yourself in before you are in so deep that hopelessness starts to set in.

One piece of advice I will give is even though you are getting dope sick avoid getting on methadone as much as possible. Methadone is a miracle drug for many but it is better to quit cold turkey if possible. At least where I live the methadone for profit system is really exploitive of opiate dependent people and seem to get away with all sorts of unethical behaviour.
It can also tap your buzz for other substances and has sometimes has other nasty side effects.

You are experiencing classic oxy withdrawal, I know it all to well..also the Xanax is dangerous stopping cold turkey so depending on your length of time taking it I would do a slow taper..the worst is over by day 5..if u make it 5 days you will feel a lot better..maybe get a suboxone and take small doses for the first couple days with no oxy

taking oxy and Xanax everyday for an extended period of time is self medication and it is okay to treat yourself but oxy is hell to get off and stay off..if u do use just be responsible it is soo dangerous mixing opiates and Xanax..I've woken up gasping for air just from opiates and it is not fun..so many have died from that combo..be careful

Last edited: