• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Feeling floored through the whole roll

BabyMonkey

Greenlighter
So I have taken MDMA a total of 5 times, all spaced out a number of months, and I have experienced the same thing every time.

So while at university I tried it for the first time at a friend's place where it was just a quiet setting with some close friends. We each snorted a line each and while I saw my friends start to come up in the typical fashion it took me a while longer. Then surely enough I felt my jaw start to clench, eyes were jiggling, strong desire for interaction. But the strangest part for me was how I just wanted to sit in one place and did not feel the need to dance like everyone else I was with did.

The same reaction has happened every time I have taken MDMA since. At first I thought it was a set and setting thing because I was taking it in chilled out environments.

But most recently after not having MDMA for over 2 years, I took a pill for the first time as opposed to crystals at a house party along with a small amount of coke and weed. There was thumping music which I usually would love but it was just the same feeling of wanting to sit down. I still felt really great and had all the other typical effects (gurning, eye jiggles, empathy) but it was like I did not want to be in the room with everyone dancing because the music felt too loud and the smoke machine was weirding me out. I should probably also mention that my friend who was a first time user was having a bad time coming up so I felt very concerned about him but also did not want to be anywhere near him because it was tripping me out. I ended up going to sit with a sober friend in her car where I talked her ear off for a good half an hour and felt a lot more at ease.

It's just very frustrating because my friends who had exactly the same as me were loving the music and dancing the whole time while I just wanted to talk and ended up being on my own a lot of the time haha.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the reason may be for this because I became very paranoid that people were finding me boring to be around.

Other issues going on I would say. Being floored is probably indicative of the dose being too large for you.

I would agree that the dose is probably too large - who knows how strong the pills are and you may also be a bit sensitive. I'd also not recommend snorting it, I find it has a very different and much more "jagged," effect, not to mention that it can be very rapid up / down which can be disconcerting and anxiety inducing.

Regardless, it's definitely possible to get anxiety as with any stimulant and this can feed back on itself to the point of it being a negative experience (had that myself a few times). If it happens try and find somebody nice to talk to and chill out somewhere a bit quieter or go for a walk till you feel more level. I've always had "wobbles," coming up but as I got more confident I learned to just ignore them and get on with it. If you choose to keep doing MDMA hopefully you'll find the same.

snorted is shit for mdma. you will have a much more sedating and clean roll with oral use. also sounds like dose is too high. there is definitely a sweet spot with mdma. try doing a dose then a redose, something like 100 mg, then 40 mg 1 hour later

So I have taken MDMA a total of 5 times, all spaced out a number of months, and I have experienced the same thing every time.

So while at university I tried it for the first time at a friend's place where it was just a quiet setting with some close friends. We each snorted a line each and while I saw my friends start to come up in the typical fashion it took me a while longer. Then surely enough I felt my jaw start to clench, eyes were jiggling, strong desire for interaction. But the strangest part for me was how I just wanted to sit in one place and did not feel the need to dance like everyone else I was with did.

The same reaction has happened every time I have taken MDMA since. At first I thought it was a set and setting thing because I was taking it in chilled out environments.

But most recently after not having MDMA for over 2 years, I took a pill for the first time as opposed to crystals at a house party along with a small amount of coke and weed. There was thumping music which I usually would love but it was just the same feeling of wanting to sit down. I still felt really great and had all the other typical effects (gurning, eye jiggles, empathy) but it was like I did not want to be in the room with everyone dancing because the music felt too loud and the smoke machine was weirding me out. I should probably also mention that my friend who was a first time user was having a bad time coming up so I felt very concerned about him but also did not want to be anywhere near him because it was tripping me out. I ended up going to sit with a sober friend in her car where I talked her ear off for a good half an hour and felt a lot more at ease.

It's just very frustrating because my friends who had exactly the same as me were loving the music and dancing the whole time while I just wanted to talk and ended up being on my own a lot of the time haha.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the reason may be for this because I became very paranoid that people were finding me boring to be around.

Weed + MDMA makes it more reminiscent of MDA, I find. It's definitely more likely to floor you (and make you trip). The two synergise very well, but maybe not if you were expecting to dance.

MDMA can be very sedating anyway, especially at higher doses. Sometimes the more stimulanted you feel, the more you want to sit down. I can find MDMA to be very conflicting in this sense.