• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

feeling almost nothing from a big combo.

Jamesaj34

Greenlighter
I took around 9mg of methadone, sublingually for 10 minutes then swallowed. I also have about 1mg Xanax in my system from two hours prior to dosing. 2400mg Gabapentin(stacked, 5pm-9pm) to potentiate the Xanax, and the one shot I had of Hennessy... I do these things, some might say it is dangerous, but I feel that somehow I am unique and have a natural tolerance to downers. It's weird, I mean I found a pill many years ago on the floor of my house that I didn't know what it was(yes I was stupid I know) when I was like 14 and it was methadone and I took it and just got sleepy when I really should have died. Idk why but I barely feel anything except slight relaxation and itchiness from this contraindicated combo. I've done more than this, once I took about 200mg tramadol, 1mg Xanax, 15mg methadone, and 10g or more of some red veined Bali kratom and a cup of kava kava and I got sleepy, that's it. It makes no sense. The first time I took hydrocodone I was young and I took like 25mg if I remember correctly (sorry can't think back that far but that's my best guess) and I got slightly sleepy, like I smoked one bowl or something.

i guess my real question is
Is it possible to have a natural tolerance to downers? Or any other drugs for that matter, specifically opiates, Cause I need as much as someone with a medium tolerance and I have never had a really any tolerance to opiates at all, or if I did it was very temporary and it was very low.

Moving this to Other Drugs as it's a question rather than a trip report.

TR -> OD

Feeling you have an unique tollerance to downers is a dangerous game to play as if you're wrong the results could be fatal.

I think assuming that you didn't die from taking a single methadone pill when you were 14 implies an inherent tollerance to opioids is dangerous too. I assume they were either 5 or 10mg tablets which certainly isnt going to kill someone....even an opiate nieve 14 year old. May make you sick maybe but unlikely to kill you.

Please stay safe mate <3

Absolutely. I don't know much about the particular pharmacology of opiates, but I think all drugs act by agonizing or antagonizing neuron receptors. So if you have fewer of a particular kind of receptor- in this case dopamine?- you would naturally have a reduced response to the drug.
I looked up symptoms for downregulated dopamine receptors and the major ones I found were stimulant addiction and low social status.

Yes, it is possible, usually due to genetics. I'm a 115lb female, don't drink regularly at all, and have a big natural tolerance to alcohol (mildly drunk/buzzed for me is 4 generously sized drinks in an hour). Why? Because I come from generations upon generations of heavy alcoholics.

I've also combined (NOT RECOMMENDING THIS) china white dope, ungodly doses of etizolam without a huge tolerance to either and was miraculously ok. Just because I didn't stop breathing that time does NOT MAKE IT SAFE. People don't warn you about these combos because they will *definitely* kill you every time, they warn you about those combos because even though you might be alright one time, it has a chance of killing you, and a pretty good one at that. I've also chugged half a liter of whiskey while on a stupid dose of etizolam, probably 20mg. I was suicidal at that time and could not care less if the stupid downer combos would kill me. In fact, I kind of hoped they did. It's still pretty surreal to me how dangerous the things I did were, and that I was lucky enough to survive and make it through that point in my life. But it happens. So the point of all this is to say, people can do crazy, stupid shit and survive. That does NOT make it a good idea to push your luck, especially just to get high.

I'm guessing by your methadone dosages that you have a history of use and therefore probably a tolerance. Or perhaps you have an inherited tolerance (from the sounds of it, someone in your house is using methadone) like I have an inherited tolerance to alcohol. 1mg of xanax is not a lot at all and it's not surprising that it wouldn't push you over the edge if you have a high opiate tolerance. Kratom does not cause significant respiratory depression and neither does kava. Tramadol is a very weak opiate, most people with a tolerance find it useless, and 200mg is listed as a common dosage on erowid, albeit on the high end. 25mg hydrocodone is not extremely high either, I'd feel something on that amount without a tolerance, but nothing major.

Honestly, nothing really sounds out of the ordinary except for the methadone. You may have gotten lucky there, but don't push your luck.

it's possible. but your tolerance doesn't sound particularly high.
the first opiate I ever did was 30mg oxycodone orally at age 15. I got a little buzz, but I wasn't nodding by any means and hardly got any euphoria. opiates just don't fuck me up at all unless I IV a lot of them, they never have. like when I started on suboxone -- 14mg was my starting dose and I felt a little drowsiness and a feeling of well being for 1 single day before my body became accustomed to them and I've never felt them since. and I IV 8.6mg zubsolv a day, never once have felt anything off of it.
I also have a high stimulant tolerance ...I can spend 3 months sleeping on average one day a week (sometimes a little less sometimes a little more) binging on various stimulants including meth and at the end of it all still have my shit together and be fully capable of maintaining an appearance of complete sanity any time it matters ...by contrast my boyfriend using the same amount is in a full blown psychotic break w/ anything he says being completely unintelligible to anyone but him. I've been over stimulants for recreational purposes for years though, I'd turn them down if they were free.

so yes I think it's possible but your experiences don't sound particularly unusual ...like I tried doing ~40mg (5 7.5s) hydrocodone when I was basically opiate naive and felt absolutely nothing from it.

ETA: I have a high benzo tolerance too, but I always just attributed that to my crippling anxiety. I hate them recreationally and have only abused them once at age 14 ...I took about 10mg clonazepam (klonopin) and felt some decrease and anxiety and lowered inhibitions, not too fucked up ...but then I drank a beer and a half on top of that and blacked out ...I was told I wasn't acting strange but I don't remember anything of that night past 15min after halfway finishing that second beer. but hey I didn't pass out or anything. what works best for my anxiety I've found w/o me feeling in any way intoxicated is 20-30mg diazepam (valium). of course I can't get a damn benzo scrip to save my life so whatever.

Last edited: