• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Feel WEIRD a couple hours after smoking?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Haven't managed to find anybody online that gets this... which makes me worried. I smoke spliffs (Cannabis+Tobacco, and I know the cons of this so don't bother with that) and I've smoked daily for around 2 years, both Weed and Tobacco. Anyway, about 1 - 3 hours after smoking, I start to feel WEIRD. Because of my tolerance, by this time i'm fully sober of course. My body starts to feel 'wrong' and sort of ill, but I don't get anything specific like nausea etc, it's more like I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I seem to get very restless and agitated, and I feel like I constantly need to move one of my body parts, sometimes extremely vigorously. I feel slightly anxious and panicked, and as soon as I smoke a spliff i'm fine again. I'd like to believe it's the tobacco, but these symptoms aren't relieved when I smoke a cigarette, only a joint. At first I liked to think it was just the shitty transition into sobriety and it's uncomfortable, but I've only been experiencing this for a few months. Anybody who knows what this could be, or anyone who has experienced this kind of thing, your input would be appreciated.

Almost certainly not tobacco. Sounds like some kind of anxiety/related disorder maybe. Most people can't smoke weed on a regular basis forever.

Or maybe the weed is masking something else. Dystonia or something maybe? I don't really know too much about it, so just throwing that out there.

Effects of most drugs, but especially cannabis will change over time.

Rewired receptors in the brain, different strains, different growing conditions of the same strain, etc tons of variables. In the end I strongly believe it's 90% state of mind, 9% brain chemistry you can't control, and 1% everything else.

I need to clarify something - it's not the weed high causing this, as by this time i'm sober due to tolerance. I also believe it's state of mind, because I have Aspergers Syndrome, which for me has naturally come with severe anxiety, and I've had to deal with this in day to day life far before weed came along. The reason I smoke is because it melts away my anxiety like magic and calms my mind no matter what the strain, and I think it's just that feeling coming back to sobriety that's making me feel weird. Now that I think about it, the only time i'm sober is in the mornings, and I feel weird then too. Maybe i've just highly adjusted to the feeling of being high and sobriety feels alien to me now. Either way, I have uncontrollable psychotic meltdowns when i'm sober that can lead to something as extreme as attempted suicide. When i'm stoned this has never happened once. Hehe.

I didn't say it was the weed high. It happens after you smoke weed. It's caused by the weed. It's not caused by some KGB implant in your brain or something.

I need to clarify something - it's not the weed high causing this, as by this time i'm sober due to tolerance. I also believe it's state of mind, because I have Aspergers Syndrome, which for me has naturally come with severe anxiety, and I've had to deal with this in day to day life far before weed came along. The reason I smoke is because it melts away my anxiety like magic and calms my mind no matter what the strain, and I think it's just that feeling coming back to sobriety that's making me feel weird. Now that I think about it, the only time i'm sober is in the mornings, and I feel weird then too. Maybe i've just highly adjusted to the feeling of being high and sobriety feels alien to me now. Either way, I have uncontrollable psychotic meltdowns when i'm sober that can lead to something as extreme as attempted suicide. When i'm stoned this has never happened once. Hehe.

Magic always comes with a price! ;)

You got high and now the world seems off. Am I missing something? I mean that isn't unheard of or even unexpected. You have probably realized something deep within yourself you need to adress but lack the tools or experience to "whip it to the surface" so to speak. This usually manifests as seemingly random general anxiety. Sit and think to yourself about how you see the world and the memories you've made and the impact you have had on others and others on you.

For like 12 hours after my weed high is gone, it is a bit weird. I can be anxious and it's more intensive than I normally feel it. Gives me anxious and paranoid mornings.
However, it can also swing to relaxation and satisfaction, more intensive than I normally feel it. Except in the mornings.

In my opinion, the causes are anxiety issues and bad obsessive overthinking habits.