feel like im not good enough for college

Don’t let college intimidate you, it’s not that intense. My number 1 tip is to try and figure out what the professor for each class wants to hear. Whether it’s right or wrong or if you agree with it or not, most professors just want you to regurgitate what they preach. It’s quite a game. Good luck

College is a different kind of atmosphere then high school.

Balls have dropped…. The fog from adolescence has started to lift.

Balance…is key

When I was at school, I had educational problems. It was hard for me to do homework, I didn't want to do it so on.
And when it was time to apply to college I was afraid, I was afraid to fail. I also thought that I was not good enough to go, that I didn't deserve to be there, but I had no idea what to do else. Yes, You can get a job, but for me, it was also not an option because of some reason.
What did I do? I asked for help, professional help. I was lucky to find a good psychologist who helped me to understand the roots of my problem. And I became a student. The first year was very hard, I barely made it to the second one, and now it's good. It was all worth it.
I know it's an old post, but still, the issue is actual for many students.
And getting professional help, advice is not that bad option.

Also, do not forget about such services as https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/mental-health/ that can help you in your studies. I had an introductory course in psychology that I wasn't good at and the guys at phdessay wrote me a great paper on the subject. I also wrote part of it myself, and their ready-made examples of work helped me a lot.
Interesting life story. I'm sure you did the right thing.
For those who, like the author of the post, have doubts, I want to say that most colleges offer various ancillary services, such as tutoring, study groups, and consultations. These resources can provide help and guidance when you face challenges, helping you overcome obstacles and gain self-confidence. And remember that it is normal to doubt your choice, but it is very important to be able to make it.

Last edited:
I didn't know how to study when I went to college. Freshman year I studied in groups, and saw how different people learn the material. For me, the best way was taking the best notes I could during class, and then rewriting them and expanding on them after class. After finding out what worked for me, I was able to study on my own just fine.

Other than finding how you study, studying often definately helps you be less stressed out and lazier in the long run. By really ingraining the material in my head as I learned it, I would save myself from brutal cramming sessions at the end of each semester.

My advice for college, is to find academically driven people to be study buddies with. You don't have to be super close with them, but it is always good to do schoolwork around people who inspire you to excel ( I did my best when I had friendly competition with my study group. We would all smoke dabs and do organic chemistry problems, trying to outdo each other. Gamifying it made the minutia much more rewarding). So much of college (especially for drug enthusiasts) is balancing fun/rewarding things with discipline, and its much easier to simply follow a group than to change yourself on your own.