Mental Health Feel better after a shot of ketamine

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Man I discontinued psychiatric drugs completely a few months ago and things have been relatively okay.

I still get worked up about some things and this evening it began to get a little overwhelming.

I find ketamine connects me back to "base" thought, waves, the universe, our place, our purpose - neural reset.

I shot 30 mg and then 20 minutes later another 30 mg, IM.

It kind of felt like a pressure valve releasing.

In one sense I'm bummed cause I thought I was done with pharmaceuticals but out of ALL the drugs I've tried most recently,
- a wide array of prescription drugs, all SSRI's, mirtazapine, seroquel etc., all
- most recreational kind that have potential therapeutic benefit, cannabis, methamphetamine (made me feel wonderful but at the same time totally like dog shit), LSD, MDMA

Ketamine was the only one that when I come out the other side of, I feel stable.

Is this my life moving forward?

Having to do the occasional shot of ketamine just to stabilize from time to time when psychological shit and emotion and shit gets overwhelming?

I felt it was very glamorized by the track by British rock group, "Bring me the Horizon".

I can totally relate to that scene/mood/feeling having grown up in a similar environment; the track is as I understand it written to reflect the effects of ketamine use - kind of like pleasantly checking out for an hour or so.

Point being, ketamine feels like my saving grace at this stage of development/recovery.

It’s been there for me in a similar way. If it makes you feel better I don’t think it’s becoming more and more habitual if that’s what your worried about..

When life is absolutely crushing your soul, it can be a nice vacation and the antidepressant effect after allows for a moment to make some changes if possible. Otherwise it at least gives you some time to breath before the onslaught continues.

-GC

Interesting. I’m kind of running down / withdrawing from anti-psychotics and often feel like shit. I felt next to nothing from an 80 mg shot of ketamine but totally k-holed when I topped it off with another 130 mg a bit later. It made me feel very nauseous.

I actually think the experience increased the AP withdrawal symptoms. I’ve felt worse ever since. Although it’s hard to know for sure because there is a bit of meth in the equation.

Ketamine is already available legally in IM form to treat drug-resistant depression so there is definitely some merit to it's benefits.
If you feel you can control your use of it, and don't need it often....if you find it has significant benefits for you, I say good for you, good luck and continue with it.
I would suggest seeing if it is available from a legit source in your country, though. If only because at least then you know it's pure, free of contaminants etc.

Interesting. I’m kind of running down / withdrawing from anti-psychotics and often feel like shit. I felt next to nothing from an 80 mg shot of ketamine but totally k-holed when I topped it off with another 130 mg a bit later. It made me feel very nauseous.

I actually think the experience increased the AP withdrawal symptoms. I’ve felt worse ever since. Although it’s hard to know for sure because there is a bit of meth in the equation.

Have you been tapering your anti-psychotics? I really recommend it if not. I have a history of eating disorders and I gained 25lbs (not a lot compared to some people reporting gains of 100lbs+ but enough to distress me) over about 2 years and decided to just not take it. The insomnia was SEVERE and just seemed to go on forever. I also couldn't stop crying. I wasn't even sad. It was just excessive, near-constant crying that I couldn't control almost every day often for many hours at a time :/
Suddenly stopping them can also trigger a psychotic episode (even if you are not on them for psychosis). And it can happen suddenly and many months later, too.
Stay safe!

Have you been tapering your anti-psychotics? I really recommend it if not. I have a history of eating disorders and I gained 25lbs (not a lot compared to some people reporting gains of 100lbs+ but enough to distress me) over about 2 years and decided to just not take it. The insomnia was SEVERE and just seemed to go on forever. I also couldn't stop crying. I wasn't even sad. It was just excessive, near-constant crying that I couldn't control almost every day often for many hours at a time :/
Suddenly stopping them can also trigger a psychotic episode (even if you are not on them for psychosis). And it can happen suddenly and many months later, too.
Stay safe!

I haven’t been tapering in a planful way. I was on 10 mg Abilify a day for ages and usually took 25-50 mg Seroquel at night to sleep. I got into the habit of usually not taking the Abilify when I was using meth. Which might have been for 7 days in a row sometimes or 2 days in a row with then re-taking the Abilify on the clean days. I’ve also taken quite a lot of acid in the last month - so my receptors have really been put through the wringer and I really have no idea where I am with things.

I started using benzos and other things besides seroquel to sleep about a week ago and am not feeling really dizzy, sick and nauseous and generally confused most of the time. The insomnia is really bad too. I’ve gone through AP withdrawal before twice so I kind of know what it’s like and am sure that’s what’s going on.

I remember last time it lasted about a month and included a period of extreme anhedonia. That hasn’t happened yet. I’m going to give it a couple more days and see if the nausea goes away. That’s the worst bit. If not, I’ll start taking 5 mg Abilify and see if that stabilises things and then work down from that.

I’m on them for mania rather than psychosis but am pretty sure they are not helping with that.

Well ketamine helped yesterday but, relative to cognitive performance and feedback today - BUMMER.

Even though the half life is short its after effects do last quite a bit longer.

Downregulates nerve impulse so turns me into a somewhat of a nancy boy.

So, I guess it's something I could use, but will definitely try and avoid using in future.

Well ketamine helped yesterday but, relative to cognitive performance and feedback today - BUMMER.

Even though the half life is short its after effects do last quite a bit longer.

Downregulates nerve impulse so turns me into a somewhat of a nancy boy.

So, I guess it's something I could use, but will definitely try and avoid using in future.
Whilst I'm unsure what the term nancy boy means, thank you for sharing your experience with us <3 I hope you're feeling okay.

Whilst I'm unsure what the term nancy boy means,
its another way to call a man a pussy/bitch/beta or otherwise politically correct ways to insult a man (or, in this context, a way for a man to belittle himself, of which I have often been guilty of)

I'm not sure of the true origin, but calling a man a nancy boy is basically another way to say they are acting like a female (lol... what concepts we have and use...)

Personally, in my life context, if someone called me a nancy boy I would actually take more offense to that than most other "you're a pussy" insults... but that's just me

its another way to call a man a pussy/bitch/beta or otherwise politically correct ways to insult a man (or, in this context, a way for a man to belittle himself, of which I have often been guilty of)

I'm not sure of the true origin, but calling a man a nancy boy is basically another way to say they are acting like a female (lol... what concepts we have and use...)

Personally, in my life context, if someone called me a nancy boy I would actually take more offense to that than most other "you're a pussy" insults... but that's just me
Ahhh okay I understand completely. Cheers mate :)

This.

Lacking assertive qualities a man is expected to have..

Downregulated nerve impulses = weaker, weaker voice, weaker demeanor etc.

This.

Lacking assertive qualities a man is expected to have..

Downregulated nerve impulses = weaker, weaker voice, weaker demeanor etc.
Ahh I see. Thank you for explaining :) Whilst I am not a fan of using feminine qualities with negative/weak connotations, or of implying that men should always be assertive, big, strong, aggressive etc, I understand the insult.

actually, the term pussy comes from the term 'pusillanimous' (showing a lack of courage or determination; timid), which does in fact mean weak - the sexism comes from calling vaginas pussies.

actually, the term pussy comes from the term 'pusillanimous' (showing a lack of courage or determination; timid), which does in fact mean weak - the sexism comes from calling vaginas pussies.
damn I had no idea, I always thought vaginas were called pussies because ... cats? LMAO idk man never thought about it

I guess cats are total pussies sometimes, yeah

the-more-you-know.png