• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Story Feeding the Ducks

FixXxer

Bluelighter
Yesterday I went to one of the local ponds to feed the ducks.
I kept telling them, "There's plenty for everyone, come get it"
The ducks came all came to get some food to eat.

As they were feeding, one of the ducks started attacking others to take it's food for itself.
I kept trying to tell it, "There's enough for everyone" and continued trying to throw food to it, but it kept attacking others to take theirs instead of taking what i was trying to give it.
Not liking this, and wanting to defend the ducks that were just eating, I decided to throw a couple rocks in the direction of the duck that was attacking the others.

It got even angrier, and started attacking all ducks around it, instead of just those with food.
Suddenly, all the ducks were fighting each other blindly.
I did not like the effect I had caused, as I watched the chaos between them.
So I decided I would find a way to fix the wave I had created.

I thought about how they all just wanted food to begin with so I tried to lead them back to that idea.
I decided that every time a duck got hit, I would feed it so that it would not turn around and fight whoever it thought hit it.

It took awhile, as they were pretty riled up with fighting each other, but I was determined and kept with my decided most logical solution.
Eventually, one by one, the ducks decided to stop fighting each other and eat the food that kept falling right in front of their face.
In no time, none of the ducks were fighting and were only eating, so I continued with my walk.

After spending more time feeding more ducks and geese at the pond, I headed back to where I had seen the first ducks I was feeding.
I couldn't help but notice that they were all sitting together, enjoying the sun happily as a family. I smiled. I love nature.

Last edited:
spiritually, for me.. it goes much deeper....imagine the ducks as society...

have you ever 'attacked' someone who did not particularly deserve it?
have you ever seen a person who seems so bitter that they 'attack' others at random?

have you ever treated someone in a way that is solely defined on how you have been treated?
have you ever tried helping an angry person, rather than getting involved in a fight?

maybe people are hungry? literally or.. maybe hungry for love, acceptance, care... etc?

Last edited: