• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Feasible for cocaine/cocaethylene vasoconstriction to be lessened by vasodilatory *household* medications and foods?

CuriosityMonster

Greenlighter
Ibuprofen, aspirin and paracetamol (as well as many vitamins such as vitamin C, found in high concentrations in citrus fruits such as the orange, and of course in drugs much less ubiquitous such as beta blockers and benzodiazepines) all have minor to moderate vasodilatory effects. We know the main acute health concern with cocaine/cocaethylene is the inherent vasoconstriction caused by these substances, especially the latter, and the subsequent consequences of severe vasoconstriction upon the body and particularly the heart. Therefore, would - and I am asking both for layman opinion, professional input and everything in-between - the use of even mild vasodilators such as the already mentioned drugs/foods lessen the vasoconstriction caused by cocaine/cocaethylene and thus reduce the risk of harm?

We know that hospital treatment for those undergoing cocaine/cocaethylene-related overdose is - regarding the dangers posed by the vasoconstriction, which mainly consist of heart attack and blood clots - the administration of nitro-glycerine, a powerful vasodilator (and administration of fast-acting IV benzodiazepines to calm the patient and lower the heart rate, although this is not the subject I am discussing here.) Therefore, would it not stand to logic that even much weaker vasodilators would have some beneficial prophylactic counteractive effect on the vasoconstriction caused by cocaine/cocaethylene, or indeed any vasoconstrictor? If so, should not the administration of these widely available vasodilators be recommended for use alongside recreational cocaine/cocaethylene use? At the very least, it may produce a placebo effect which would help keep the user calm, and I can find nothing that indicates that contraindications exist between these NSAIDS, paracetamol, basic vitamins and cocaine/cocaethylene.

I post this because I've seen nothing mentioning the subject of harmless household medications and easily accessible vitamins (C mainly) to counteract the negative and possibly dangerous effects of drug-induced vasoconstriction.

I wish to especially emphasise that it these cheap painkillers and sources of vitamins we all have in our homes that have vasodilatory effects which may be beneficial when using vasoconstrictory drugs. Acquiring beta blockers, benzodiazepines and nitroglycerine are not things I would discourage for the same purpose - and of course, if in one's possession, would all be more effective than the items I have listed - but most people, including those doing stimulants including cocaine/cocaethylene lack possession of any of these things. Taking a paracetamol, an ibuprofen, an aspirin, eating an orange or two, taking a multivitamin - these small, easy, cheap, quick and most of all harmless things may at least slightly reduce harm when consuming vasoconstrictory drugs such as cocaine/cocaethylene, both of which and especially the latter being especially infamous for their strong vasoconstrictory properties which sadly lead to tens of thousands of deaths worldwide ever year. Thusly, in my opinion, this routine should be recommended with use of vasoconstrictory drugs and strongly so with cocaine/cocaethylene. Even if the vasodilation of these substances is negated somehow by the drugs, what harm could it do to practise this routine?

EDITS: spelling and grammar mistakes

Last edited:
In my experience vasodilators are a must when I'm using cocaine. Now it's a double edged sword bc the vasodilators (I normally use benzo, it works) do help with hypertension, headache, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, panic attacks benzo helps with all that and I feel that is healthier than being hypertensive.
But bc the benzo stops the side effects I'm able to do more cocaine when I would normally slow down or stop. Without the side effects I'll do all the cocaine!
So I'd say your right it's healthier to use a small amount of benzo with cocaine but you have to have a way to regulate your use bc without the side effects you'll wanna keep using more an more cocaine, which could cause a serious addiction to benzos as well as coke.