• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FBI releases dossier on Steve Jobs

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
The FBI on Thursday made public a dossier on late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, disclosing details on his reported drug use and ability to "distort reality."

(...)

Interviews with people who knew Jobs also disclosed information about his drug use, according to the FBI documents.

"During the 1960s and early 1970s, Mr. Jobs may have experimented with illegal drugs, having come from that generation," said a person whose name was redacted from the file.

Jobs was also seenas something of a counterculture corporate rebel. He was a big fan of Bob Dylan, who dated folk musician Joan Baez, who also reportedly dated Jobs briefly.

Jobs was a card-carrying member of a generation that celebrated a hippie counterculture. An unidentified FBI interviewee stated, "Mr. Jobs used illegal drugs, including marijuana and LSD, while they were attending college."

cont at
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/story/2012-02-09/steve-jobs-fbi-file/53029956/1

why is our government spending money on releasing documents about a person we already know about?

"Doing LSD was one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life." - Steve Jobs

Its not like he was trying to hide it.

why is our government spending money on releasing documents about a person we already know about?

Gee I don't know, because like competition?
Funny how they do it when he's not around to defend himself anymore, I mean, to say "STFU idiots".

A waste of money and resources indeed. The worst part is that the people that back this kind of shit, actually support these acts, even though they claim to be against a large wasteful tax sucking vampire.

Omg somebody used lsd and marijuana ?!?!?!! The world is ending ! !

This should not surprise anyone as he was way too open about being into drugs. Unfortunately he did not believe in medical science at all and did not take any medications for being HIV+ and he died of AIDS. Either way Apple makes shitty products, a joke of an OS, and I don't like how they support slave labour in China. I'm not a mac fanboy and never got indoctrinated or brainwashed into their cult.

This should not surprise anyone as he was way too open about being into drugs. Unfortunately he did not believe in medical science at all and did not take any medications for being HIV+ and he died of AIDS. Either way Apple makes shitty products, a joke of an OS, and I don't like how they support slave labour in China. I'm not a mac fanboy and never got indoctrinated or brainwashed into their cult.

Ah, what have you done worth a shit? Or myself? He helped create a different universe. All I can say is I've done is LSD a bunch if times. Enjoy your shitty PC.

Steve Jobs should be praised for his accomplishments. In the long run whatever the government tries to make him out to be, he will be known as the man who made Apple succeed. This post is old, but oh well. His ideas are simplistic and that's what makes Apple do so well.

Uhh steve jobs died of colon cancer.

"Doing LSD was one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life." - Steve Jobs

Its not like he was trying to hide it.

Can relate. Nothing to be ashamed of in the slightest, good for him for seeing that tbh.

They ruined mine though

Take responsibility for your own actions and decisions...

Like someone blames McDonalds for them being fat. No the reason you are fat is because you keep stuffing burgers in your mouth. Same kind of mindset with drugs.

\Either way Apple makes shitty products, a joke of an OS, and I don't like how they support slave labour in China.

As opposed to reliable Windows right? I assume Microsoft supports shitty labor conditions in some foreign country as well. What Apple is doing is not really "slave labor." I'm all for better working conditions trust me. But these people are all workers not slaves. It's sad that Apple would treat workers like that but these people could work for another company. The thing is most of the jobs in China require inhumane working conditions and this is something well beyond the scope of one or two companies. This includes many Chinese companies that treat their fellow citizens like dirt.

What Apple is doing is wrong and inhumane but ultimately they are just trying to compete. If the chinese people want better working conditions then they will have to fight for them just like every other group has had to do at some point. Calling inhumane working conditions slavery is not accurate and offensive to people who have been through actual slavery.

About the article I really wish my tax money was not spent on finding out who smokes weed, or takes drugs, and keeping record of that. 1984 much if you ask me.