• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fasting to cure MDMA and other drug related damage and hppd

I will definitely keep the fasting moderate but I do wish there was a cure for this hppd but sadly it doesn't seem so. It seems a balancer diet is the best diet with mostly vegetables and little meat. The problem is I really can't enjoy eating food as I seen to have a strange reaction to food as I always get some weird palpitations after carbs and meats . This only happened after my stupid experimentation with mdma. Cardiologist think it's nothing but I definitely feel my nervous system is damaged from this and fasting seems like a good idea.

Protein is extremely important for the brain. At bare minimum supplement with L-tryptophan. Soy and whey protein are good sources of amino acids. You really don't want to cut protein out of your diet for many reasons.

Arguably the consumption of meat (further - cooked meat) is largely responsible for the development of our brains as they are today. Without such things as the abundance of amino acids found in meat that our bodies are unable to synthesise ourselves, there's every chance we wouldn't even possess the intellectual abilities responsible for discovering we can source these nutrients from sources other than meat.

We wouldn't have the intellectual capacity to conceive veganism without having consumed meat to evolve.

Personally I consume I wide variety of food from all the food groups and try to eat only 'organic' but fuck knows what's in things these days. Staying hydrated is just as important (squeeze a whole lemon or lime into each glass of water and you'll be a healthy human). I'd also have a mix of both cooked and raw food. I avoid processed food and fast food almost completely. I would recommend stuff with magnesium in it and B vitamins... maybe some coconut water and (less-magical) mushrooms? My body loves mushrooms, and not just the shroomy ones. I personally think fasting once in a while (like every few weeks) is good to flush the system out, especially if you spend the day drinking tea or lemon water.

It takes a while to develop a healthy diet that will suit your tastes, but it's a really good thing to get into. I first started cooking for myself 10 years ago (even while living with my family still, because my food was healthier) and I am still evolving towards a healthier diet. I eat a lot of organic meat and that is a dietary choice. I've had people convince me to go vegan but I've never tried to convince a vegan to eat meat. Whether you are vegan or not is not going to save your brain, I eat about 50% high quality meat and 50% fruit/veggies/dairy which is just my thing. Besides these are just labels. There are horribly unhealthy carnivores and omnivores and vegetarians, and healthy people from all of them too.

The thing about meat is that lots of people have too much of it, and there is also some hysteria over diet these days, so it is kind of a scapegoat. I am very diet conscious, my body is very sensitive and personally digests meat easier than vegetables. Just remember that your diet is a personal preference, and the only really stupid thing you could do in my opinion is to fast a lot. So I can see where everyone is coming from, but at the end of the day just don't go fast for days on end (a little fasting is definitely ok) and don't go to McDonalds.

I would try to be grateful where you are now. I used to be so miserable, but I had it all. I just couldn't see it at the time. It's all about perspective, I believe that you can find reason and purpose in anything. Try not to view it so much as damage, but as a mistake to grow and learn from.

Personally I think weed is great. It stimulates my digestive system, helping me to get through all those nutritious foods. Otherwise, I have digestion problems. It helps my depression, which isn't just from Mdma, it's from my perception of myself as a failure and defeatist mentality. It even helps my chronic pain by helping me perceive back pain in a new light. Dude if your spine isn't screaming at you all day, and you are not shuffling around in your mid 20's disabled and hooked on pills just to be able to get the fuck out of bed and walk, consider yourself lucky. Just like me, I consider myself lucky that (for now) I just need a whole bunch of oxy's and I'm not in a wheelchair.

You might look back on these days and think hey, you were just going through rough times. Most people go through rough times. I am going through very, very rough times at the moment to the point that every day I think of killing myself. I feel trapped and see no way out. Just don't do anything to hurt yourself more man. Sometimes if you stop one type of self harm, another type manifests that you might not notice at first. Try to get through each day without doing shit that you know is wrong for you.

Good luck with your struggles. Nobody really knows just how bad ecstasy is (if it's just a little bad, or really really bad... it's obviously not healthy to rave) and I think that this varies by individual body chemistry because although we label ourselves as humans, every is a different combinations of many different factors. But I think you would be foolish to use Mdma ever again. I quit for many years and even after doing it once and feeling like it was my first time again, with minimal comedown, I still felt like a dumbass for doing it. Just stay the fuck away from that shit man, that's the most important thing. It's likely to mess with the emotional part of your brain, but just the toxicity of the chemical can do a number on your internal organs, making it more challenging to heal a brain now connected to a harmed body. It's all about what you do in the here and now though. You have seen how your past shapes your present. Your present shapes the future of course and there really is no quick fix for this. I'd work more on acceptance than on a quick, cheap fix.

Last edited:
Some really interesting comments on nutrition here that I think need to be addressed. To start with, my degree is in Nutrtion, not that im bigging myself up, Id just like to think that backs up what Im about to say. You will EASILY get all essential amino acids on a plant based diet, infact you don't even need to think about it at all. Baked beans on brown toast has a better ratio of essential aminos that beef steak. Unless you are living on lettuce its not even something to consider. As for protein, we have become increasingly obsessed with eating more of it, and this is actually having negetive effects on health, especially when from animal sources. Have a read of the china study. I myself have had mild hppd for the last 4 months and in the last month have reverted back to a plant based diet after 2 years of eating meat again (used to be vegan before), and the extreme depression has lifted, my anxiety is still there but better, my dp/dr is more managable, and most of all my visuals have calmed downed somewhat but unfortuantly still bothersome :( im also continuing bodybuilding on a vegan diet! Check out bodybuilders like jon venus, brian turner. The worlds strongest man is vegan. If protein was an issue then building muscle on a vegan diet wouldnt be possible! The meat/food industry has done a really good job at promoting the importance of protein, so much so that we have become obsessed with protein. You know have food products in the UK that are being supplemented with extra protein. I saw soup with added protein in the other day! And these products arent marketed at bodybuilders, rather the general public. It baffles me! Not so long ago, smoking was considered healthy thanks to clever marketing. Sorry for my rant, I just get a little wound up when people are giving out nutritional advice without actually using any factual information. Im also not preaching a vegan diet either, people can eat what they want to eat, aint my business. That being said I think a plant based diet is essential for any illness including drug induced disorders such as HPPD, dp/dr, anxiety, depression etc for a number of reasons; eating higher quantities of nutrient dense foods, alkaline effect on body, removal of most dietary antibotics and hormones, known to improve mood disorders. I think the hormone/antibiotics one is so important especialy for HPPD, consumption of these things could be potentially agrevating and preventing/slowing down recovery. This is just my firm opinion of course, theres no studies to back this up.

As for fasting Ive not tried it myself, but maybe give intermittent fasting a look into and try that first. Sorry to hear youve had hppd for so long too.

Peace brother

Some really interesting comments on nutrition here that I think need to be addressed. To start with, my degree is in Nutrtion, not that im bigging myself up, Id just like to think that backs up what Im about to say. You will EASILY get all essential amino acids on a plant based diet, infact you don't even need to think about it at all. Baked beans on brown toast has a better ratio of essential aminos that beef steak. Unless you are living on lettuce its not even something to consider. As for protein, we have become increasingly obsessed with eating more of it, and this is actually having negetive effects on health, especially when from animal sources. Have a read of the china study. I myself have had mild hppd for the last 4 months and in the last month have reverted back to a plant based diet after 2 years of eating meat again (used to be vegan before), and the extreme depression has lifted, my anxiety is still there but better, my dp/dr is more managable, and most of all my visuals have calmed downed somewhat but unfortuantly still bothersome :( im also continuing bodybuilding on a vegan diet! Check out bodybuilders like jon venus, brian turner. The worlds strongest man is vegan. If protein was an issue then building muscle on a vegan diet wouldnt be possible! The meat/food industry has done a really good job at promoting the importance of protein, so much so that we have become obsessed with protein. You know have food products in the UK that are being supplemented with extra protein. I saw soup with added protein in the other day! And these products arent marketed at bodybuilders, rather the general public. It baffles me! Not so long ago, smoking was considered healthy thanks to clever marketing. Sorry for my rant, I just get a little wound up when people are giving out nutritional advice without actually using any factual information. Im also not preaching a vegan diet either, people can eat what they want to eat, aint my business. That being said I think a plant based diet is essential for any illness including drug induced disorders such as HPPD, dp/dr, anxiety, depression etc for a number of reasons; eating higher quantities of nutrient dense foods, alkaline effect on body, removal of most dietary antibotics and hormones, known to improve mood disorders. I think the hormone/antibiotics one is so important especialy for HPPD, consumption of these things could be potentially agrevating and preventing/slowing down recovery. This is just my firm opinion of course, theres no studies to back this up.

As for fasting Ive not tried it myself, but maybe give intermittent fasting a look into and try that first. Sorry to hear youve had hppd for so long too.

Peace brother

Lets not make the argument that protein isn't important or that our society is obsessed with protein - it really is important... Your brain needs more than glucose and vitamins... I bet you any vegan bodybuilder is getting their protein one way or another. As I mentioned there are options like soy... Also it goes without saying that if you start losing muscle and getting out of shape you can go down a very dark path. Many people are only troubled with mental health issues - give these people a couple physical health issues like chronic spine pain and their mental illness will become much worse.

To OP - the neurological benefits of fasting are probably mostly mediated via BDNF (there might be some level of benefit from reduced levels of inflammation like TNFa that is produced by adipose tissue, obviously this is not an issue if you're not overweight), BDNF can increase with noopept, aerobic exercise (important) and also drugs like ketamine or SSRIs. As I recall curcumin has an effect on BDNF, and there are nutritional things that promote BDNF release. Whether the nutrients/vitamins are actually going to make difference I don't know.

I would stick with exercise, noopept, curcumin, and eating plenty of protein from whatever source you prefer personally. Unfortunately HPPD/LTCs are no simple matter.

Thanks you everyone for the replies . They have really made me think .I agree I should consider myself lucky as I am alive and can still communicate a move and yeah I have not even touched a cigarette since the ltc happened and I was a regular smoker. I prefer to be mostly vegan due to the fact I feel better on it and I have seen forks over knives and I do agree but I believe meat sparingly is ok. My religious beliefs prohibit me from doing something to myself as though I do feel I want to kill myself but my hope is that this damage is similar to chronic ssri damage which there is a support website called surviving antidepressants.org. and they are the same symptoms . Mdma is more potent but these people were taking ssri for years so the damage is comparable. Most of these people are having full recoveries at 6-7 years and I was told by a neurologist that experienced the same thing ( I know very rare ) about 6-7 years . I'm more than half way there so I will keep going.

Lets not make the argument that protein isn't important or that our society is obsessed with protein - it really is important... Your brain needs more than glucose and vitamins... I bet you any vegan bodybuilder is getting their protein one way or another. As I mentioned there are options like soy... Also it goes without saying that if you start losing muscle and getting out of shape you can go down a very dark path. Many people are only troubled with mental health issues - give these people a couple physical health issues like chronic spine pain and their mental illness will become much worse.

To OP - the neurological benefits of fasting are probably mostly mediated via BDNF (there might be some level of benefit from reduced levels of inflammation like TNFa that is produced by adipose tissue, obviously this is not an issue if you're not overweight), BDNF can increase with noopept, aerobic exercise (important) and also drugs like ketamine or SSRIs. As I recall curcumin has an effect on BDNF, and there are nutritional things that promote BDNF release. Whether the nutrients/vitamins are actually going to make difference I don't know.

I would stick with exercise, noopept, curcumin, and eating plenty of protein from whatever source you prefer personally. Unfortunately HPPD/LTCs are no simple matter.

No arguement here dude :) my point was more that people shouldnt post false information towards the OP and because its something Im passionate about and have a degree in I felt like I needed to make a point. Wasnt actually directed towards you either, I totally agree that protein is important Im just stating that as long as OP is consuming enough calories for his body weight, he does not need to worry about amino acids or how much protein he is consuming and he'll be fine on a plant based diet :)

OP, if you are intested in learning more about plant based diets, check out nutritionfacts.org .... really good website with hundred of subjects backed up with peer reviewed studies.