• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

fasting before smoking weed

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
well i know and have experienced that it can be beneficial to do a short fast before a psychedelic trip.

never thought or heard about doing a short fast before smoking weed.

i was thinking of just drinking water for a day, then next day smoke weed and see if it affects the high.

any thoughts/ experiences?

Seems like a good way to make yourself sick. Cannabis has a tendency to lower your blood sugar and raise your blood pressure, so unless it's a massive ingestion of cannabinoids for the sake of a spirit quest, I'd say eat.

so i might feel light headed and dizzy?

im thinking i could vape and be careful not to get so high i green out

More than just that, I've started shaking on more than 1 occasion. It was just really unpleasant and not something I'd want to risk happening again by fasting.

Yup FM is 100%.

Smoking when I'm really hungry and haven't eaten in a while usually makes me feel sick and uncomfortable. Usually makes my stomach feel even worse than just hunger pain and then I'll get the most unbearable munchies I wind up eating enough to feed a horse for a month.

I find smoking to be the best right after eating actually.

i agree with maf and FM.

the stimulating effect of THC can do a number on your tummy when it's empty IME.

before any trip (esp psychedelic uppers) i always eat first. before any drug for that matter.. besides the downers..(excluding booze).

before any trip (esp psychedelic uppers) i always eat first.

what do you eat and what kind of timing before?

I used to not each much before tripping but now haven't done L regularly in a few years and want to get back into it regularly but I have GI issues now so I can't fast at all. I'll need to eat during the trip too but I'm good with that, just not sure what to eat first...

/\ I would eat a nice big meal right before I dosed if possible. Anything really imo, something really hearty though, like steak, potatoes and veggies would be bomb. I always have trouble eating while tripping though so I try to load up before hand so I don't get shaky.

eh, i would go the opposite way and say drink freshly juiced fruit& veg or eat a salad and fruit, something light and healthy.

yeah I get why people might eat light before dosing but personally I find I get more anxiety when I haven't eaten or am hungry and found this to be one thing that helps.

what do you eat and what kind of timing before?

I used to not each much before tripping but now haven't done L regularly in a few years and want to get back into it regularly but I have GI issues now so I can't fast at all. I'll need to eat during the trip too but I'm good with that, just not sure what to eat first...

well. anything that'll have my stomach full. i can even eat a bowl of oats and be good until the weed i'm smoking gives me the munchies during let's say.. an acid trip.. but generally for all stims and LSD i love to have just had a nice meal right before dropping. (same with hard liquor)

MDMA is the only psychedelic stim i wouldn't eat before and that's simply because of the nausea component attached to it - same with mushrooms.

i'd quicker just make sure i'm not 'hungry' before dropping M or mushrooms because of the nausea component attached to hunger.

as you originally said, it's the fasting that'll make ya sick, and i fully agree. rn i haven't eaten and feel light headed so i couldn't possibly take any drugs in this state of mind (only beer & downers).

could be interesting, but it's also interesting to eat a nice fat mango pre-toke :D

I find it is a good idea to smoke cannabis with a full belly to prevent the kind of insatiable munchies that have you eating everything in the house!
If i smoke while hungry, it can get a bit ridiculous, whereas if i'm already fairly well-nourished before i blaze one, the boost in appetite is far more manageable.
That's what i've experienced in the past, anyway. I haven't really experienced bad "munchies" in a while.
But i certainly agree that weed can make you shaky. Fasting doesnt sound ideal.

I find when I smoke on an empty stomach, as soon as I'm stoned the munchies kick in, which leads me to eat to satisfy my hunger then by the time I'm done I'm barely high anymore, even if only half an hour has passed. However, if I eat a meal then smoke afterwards, the food has no minimizing effect on the high. Seems to be a common theme when considering fasting before smoking.

-CTdopeLove