Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fasting and its effects on MDMA toxicity

tired of crap

Bluelighter
So most of us have heard the expression
The dose makes the poison

As such recommendations for mdma doses range up to 2mg/kg, total dose. Most of us follow the 3 month rule, stay hydrated and be mindful of overheating

Got to thinking today about rolling again soon. In my thoughts about prepping, fasting came up.

I was thinking Id eat breakfast And trip in the afternoon. Im sure that’s likely fine. But I used to fast for 24hrs sometimes then roll

Just wondering if theres been any research on mdma toxicity while in a fasted state?

So most of us have heard the expression
The dose makes the poison

As such recommendations for mdma doses range up to 2mg/kg, total dose. Most of us follow the 3 month rule, stay hydrated and be mindful of overheating

Got to thinking today about rolling again soon. In my thoughts about prepping, fasting came up.

I was thinking Id eat breakfast And trip in the afternoon. Im sure that’s likely fine. But I used to fast for 24hrs sometimes then roll

Just wondering if theres been any research on mdma toxicity while in a fasted state?
There is no actual research on MDMA toxicity in humans.

There is inference that MDMA causes toxicity in humans based on down regulation of SERT binding in people that have used MDMA frequently. However, treatment with antidepressants results in the same downregulation of SERT binding.

In order to instigate neurotoxicity, the usual protocol was intraperitoneal injection of 10 mg per kilogram multiple times a day for multiple days.

A normal recreational dose does not cause any toxicity whatsoever, or else they wouldn't allow it for phase 2 clinical trials for PTSD. In fact, recreational doses of MDMA instigate BDNF production in the brain.