• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Fastest sensible way for me to get off dexamfetamine?

ricabell

Greenlighter
I've been taking 15mg of dexamfetamine 3 times a day for ADHD for three months and I hate it. I get a few good days but most of the time it's like I'm drunk, sleep deprived and have a flu all at once. I know these aren't normal side effects so I don't know what's going on, I just know I tried everything and nothing works. Well, 20mg stops the flu stuff but I sometimes feel like I took too much instead. Doesn't matter if I'm feeling good or bad, 3 hours after I take any dose it's like a train hits me and I suddenly can't talk or stand up or even hold my head up.

I can't see my psychiatrist until the end of the month but I can't wait that long. I want to just stop because every dose I tried from 5mg twice a day up to now has been like this but am I just going to make myself feel even more crappy if I don't taper down and let my brain adjust?

Stop taking it, stay in bed for at least 3 days and afterwards start a healthy lifestyle with exercising and eating healthy and all that shit, that everybody is too busy and lazy to pursue and prefers to go to a certified drug dealer called doctor nowadays in order to get an easy shortcut to fit into an insane and mundane society.

Yes just stop taking it if you don?t want to feel like shit anymore. You can?t really taper drugs like amphetamine, it?s better to just stop taking them and ride out the mild/moderate depression and exhaustion for a few days following the cessation.

Like Zirp said, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, excercise if you wish, you will feel better much faster if you take care of yourself after stopping amphetamine.

Too much amphetamine can paradoxically cause brain fog, feelings of exhaustion, low mood and energy. If you can?t control your use maybe it?d be good to take some time off of amphetamine. When my amp use gets out of control (doesn?t happen very often) and, i start feeling like shit, a month or two break always sets me strait. After i start taking amp again i feel much better on it and am able to control my use much better.